Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range limited to 500m
1231 4 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d323f90
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi guys. New to the drone and the forum.

Hope you you guys can clear some of my doubts.

I am having some issue with the range. I seem to loose signal and live feed when My drone is approximately 450m from the RC. I’ve been googling around, reading this forum and YouTubing and apparently with the 4.1.17 update  it switches from 5.8G to 2.4G automatically when the range is too far for 5.8G. As mentioned, I start losing signal when I’m approximately 450m from the drone. Should I keep pushing it beyond 450m for it to automatically switch to 2.4G to get better range? I tried hovering at approximately 450m thinking it would probably switch to 2.4G, but it lost connection and RTH was immediately initiated.

I’ve not use the previous version of the app and apparently from what I googled and YouTube, you can manually set it to either 2.4G or 5.8G. But with the latest update, I can’t seem to change it manually.

Secondly, since I’m planning on pushing it beyond 500m, was wondering if I would lose visual without OTG? From what I read and understand, OTG only helps when it comes to live feed clarity and latency. Does the 2.4G or 5.8G channel actually affects the latency and the range of the image displayed on my device?

Thanks in advance guys for the clarification.

Glenn
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

For your first question, it won't switch to 2.4G during flight. The channel will change automatically and choose the best channel before taking off. When it comes to OTG, it can not make the flight distance longer.
2017-11-12
Use props
Arnor
Captain
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

You should keep the drone in your line of sight. Flying further than 200m is too risky in my opinion.
2017-11-12
Use props
fans0d323f90
lvl.1
Malaysia

Thanks moderator Electra for the clarificAtion. Does 2.4G has longer range compared to 5.8G? Will it help if I were to switch to 2.4G on ground, this giving longer range ??

Amor, I did have the drone at line of sight at all times.

Currently trying on different location to see if it actually makes any differences. As far as I know I’m u location that I tested the drone has the least interference
2017-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arnor Posted at 2017-11-12 05:48
You should keep the drone in your line of sight. Flying further than 200m is too risky in my opinion.

I totally agree
2017-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules