No Satellite Count in Go App
2980 15 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OkieSkies72
New
Flight distance : 37428 ft

United States

Hi There.   I recently purchased a P3S used.   I had a mavic before, but it was stolen.   I had no problems with it, but I'm having to adjust a bit for the P3S.   My current problem is the app not showing the satellite count.   Details below:

Phantom 3 Stadard,  Android DJI Go App v 3.1.22

I'm not sure what I'm missing, but my app on android, doesn't show the satellite count.  The drone says its ready to fly gps and it seems to fly okay, but everyvideo I've seen and when I had a mavic before, have always shown the count.   I'd just like to see it to know just where I stand.
What could possibly cause the satellites count to not show in the app?

Screen Shot showing no Satellite Count:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZfKHl2Nw0igSti5h2

I have considered it could be firmware.   I've downloaded the newest from DJI 1.9.???  I think.   Anyway I'll try installing it tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.

2017-11-12
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Reinstall the GO app.
2017-11-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The newest is 1.09.0200 for the standard. May be the installation of the Go app is not clean.
2017-11-12
Use props
OkieSkies72
New

United States

I reinstalled the GO app, it still has not satellite count.    I might should mention I have a Galaxy S8 active.   I'm not sure if the new screen size on the galaxy 8 could have anything to do with it?   I did get a warning about unsupported resolution, when I first started it up.   So I dropped back to 1080.    I didn't get a warning on the reinstall.

The file on the SD card before I put the 1.09.02 on there was something like 99.99.9999.   Does that mean anything?
2017-11-12
Use props
OkieSkies72
New

United States

I installed go on my wifes phone (Galaxy s6) and the satellites display fine.   I'm guessing it has to do with the fairly new and not real popular s8 active's new screen size/aspect ratio.     Anyone flying with a S8, S8+ or Note 8?
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OkieSkies72 Posted at 2017-11-12 10:44
I reinstalled the GO app, it still has not satellite count.    I might should mention I have a Galaxy S8 active.   I'm not sure if the new screen size on the galaxy 8 could have anything to do with it?   I did get a warning about unsupported resolution, when I first started it up.   So I dropped back to 1080.    I didn't get a warning on the reinstall.

The file on the SD card before I put the 1.09.02 on there was something like 99.99.9999.   Does that mean anything?

Thanks for keeping us updated. The issue of missing satellite count has been forwarded to our enginners for analysis. Generally, the unsupported resolution will appear if wrong screen size is detected. Please try to scan the QR code and download from of the official website: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads
2017-11-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

May be the S8 or newer does not show em up. On my device is it all visible what i need to see inclusive satellite count and bars.
2017-11-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I updated to 3.1.22 and with FW 1.11.20 ... RC on 1.9

All data including Sats displayed as usual.

OP - something not right in your setup ...

Nigel
2017-11-13
Use props
OkieSkies72
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-12 22:59
Thanks for keeping us updated. The issue of missing satellite count has been forwarded to our enginners for analysis. Generally, the unsupported resolution will appear if wrong screen size is detected. Please try to scan the QR code and download from of the official website: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

I followed your link, that is the one on my phone.   I'm going to chalk this up to an issue specific to the S8 Active.  Since you are in contact with the engineers, here is more info.

My 3 screen resolution choices are: 1480x720, 2220x1080 and 2960x1440.    Also, there is the ability to make the nav buttons always stay on the screen which, I assume, would change the number of pixels available to the app.   I'll try it with all 3 resolutions both with and without the nav buttons and see if I get the Sat count in any mode.   
2017-11-13
Use props
OkieSkies72
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-12 22:59

Okay, the option to turn off full screen mode(turn on soft navigation buttons) for DJI GO and DJI GO 4 is locked.    Some apps can be turned on or off but both DJI apps are in the section with the ones that I cannot control.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OkieSkies72 Posted at 2017-11-13 17:38
I followed your link, that is the one on my phone.   I'm going to chalk this up to an issue specific to the S8 Active.  Since you are in contact with the engineers, here is more info.

My 3 screen resolution choices are: 1480x720, 2220x1080 and 2960x1440.    Also, there is the ability to make the nav buttons always stay on the screen which, I assume, would change the number of pixels available to the app.   I'll try it with all 3 resolutions both with and without the nav buttons and see if I get the Sat count in any mode.

Sir, have you tried my suggestions to download from our official website and check again? The resolution I referred is caused by the different size of tablet and mobile, instead of your settings. Please post the current screenshot after re-installing the APP for further assistance, thanks!
2017-11-13
Use props
OkieSkies72
New

United States

@DJI Susan,   I updated using the barcode on the linked page.   I had to download the .apk and install it manually, but the new app (which is also reporting as version 3.1.22) does show the satellite GPS count on my samsung S8 Active.   Thanks!

How exactly do you suppose my install from the play store was corrupted?   And could I expect it to happen again next update?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OkieSkies72 Posted at 2017-11-16 17:55
@DJI Susan,   I updated using the barcode on the linked page.   I had to download the .apk and install it manually, but the new app (which is also reporting as version 3.1.22) does show the satellite GPS count on my samsung S8 Active.   Thanks!

How exactly do you suppose my install from the play store was corrupted?   And could I expect it to happen again next update?

Thanks for getting back to us. Actually, the whole User Interface you offered seems to be out of shape. This might happen if wrong screen size is detected(mobile and tablet screen size are different). No worries.
2017-11-16
Use props
fans4974017b
New
Flight distance : 12090 ft
United States

I have same problem the app shows gps ready but has a "zero count" for satellites. Everything is up to date on my device and app. Here is a pic.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_1NNhDPR
New
United States

fans4974017b Posted at 2017-12-30 12:26
I have same problem the app shows gps ready but has a "zero count" for satellites. Everything is up to date on my device and app. Here is a pic.

http://O satellite count
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_1NNhDPR
New
United States

"Zero Satellite" count on app . On Galaxy note 4
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now