Gimbal going Crazy
3025 13 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220922 ft
Australia

I recently got my Mavic replaced under DJI Care Refresh (it went swimming in salt water), but I think there's something wrong with the replacement unit.  The Gimbal is going crazy during flight and ruining the video.  Sometimes, I can't even take stills because of the issue.  It also shows a Gimbal motor overload error on the
I haven't crashed it and it hasn't been damaged or wet at all.

I've tried recalibrating everything.  That didn't help.  I even did the calibration using DJI Assistant 2 on the Mac.  Didn't fix it.
I've also physically checked the Gimbal and it's not dislodged or anything (yes, I watched all those other YouTube videos describing the problem where it needs re-seating - that wasn't it either).  The ribbons all look OK as well (there were a few people on YouTube talking about this maybe being the issue)

Any suggestions...?  This is really frustrating as I only recently got it back from repair which took a few weeks.

The support here in Australia is only available 9:00-5:00 Monday to Friday.  That's really difficult with my work hours.
PS: I have some YouTube videos of the problem, but this Forum won;t let me include links in this!

2017-11-12
Use props
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry, two more thing to add.  1. This issue happened WITH and WITHOUT an ND filter added.
2. There was condensation appearing INSIDE the lens today when I took it out in the middle of the day.  The drone has never gotten wet (unless DJI didn't replace the Gimbal under Refresh when I sent it after the drone was water damaged.
2017-11-12
Use props
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Australia

Here's a video of the "wobble" issue

2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted to three hooks properly.
May I have the previous case number?
2017-11-12
Use props
fansbec6b483
New
Flight distance : 4174173 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-12 02:47
Please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted to three hooks properly.

Was thinking the same thing. Mine did that once and I got a bit concerned. Had read about the vibration arms, but failed to check. Upon return home - yep, the arms had become displaced. Put them back, not problems since.
2017-11-12
Use props
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-12 02:47

From what I can see it looks to be mounted properly.  I've watched a couple of videos that show how it can become dislodged and I think it's fine.

Previous case number was CAS-1062794-X0W9K6 CRM:0775000002154
Also, I managed to downgrade and then re-upgrade the firmware on both the Mavic and the Controller using DJI Assistant on the Mac.  This didn't resolve the issue.
2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249826 ft
United Kingdom

im having the same issue as yours (with other flight/app issues), brand new unit from DJI in sep, downgraded n upgraded solved the flight/app issue. however the gimbal is just as crazy. cant take photo or video at all.

2017-11-12
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Guessing the gimbal ribon cable. Jus send it back so DJI can do a better job with repair and testing
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DudeWithADrone Posted at 2017-11-12 03:34
From what I can see it looks to be mounted properly.  I've watched a couple of videos that show how it can become dislodged and I think it's fine.

Previous case number was CAS-1062794-X0W9K6 CRM:0775000002154

If the problem persists after refreshing the firmware and removing the gimbal lock, please send it back for repair. Please send an email to support@dji.com, once you got the case number, please also PM it to me. Really sorry for the inconvenience, hope it will be sorted out shortly.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

justbeeme Posted at 2017-11-12 05:44
im having the same issue as yours (with other flight/app issues), brand new unit from DJI in sep, downgraded n upgraded solved the flight/app issue. however the gimbal is just as crazy. cant take photo or video at all.

gimbal

Just to verify, had you tested it in a peaceful day without or with a slight wind? And you had also removed the gimbal clamp, right? Please try to restart the drone for a couple of times and make sure the drone is running with the latest firmware. If the issue persists, please send it back. Thank you.
2017-11-12
Use props
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 23:47
Just to verify, had you tested it in a peaceful day without or with a slight wind? And you had also removed the gimbal clamp, right? Please try to restart the drone for a couple of times and make sure the drone is running with the latest firmware. If the issue persists, please send it back. Thank you.

Gimbal clamp was off.  I ALWAYS take it off before a flight and ALWAYS put it back on after a flight.  I'm very careful.  The shaking happened when it was windy, but also happened without wind (when indoors!).  Besides, a bit of wind should not cause this.  The previous drone was flown in strong wind and never had this issue!

Look at the video!

As I also said, I downgraded the firmware from 1.04.00 to 1.03.00 and back to 1.04.00 again using DJI Assistant 2 app on the Mac.  I did this for Both the Mavic and the controller and during this process, I restarted the Mavic and the controller MANY times!

It happens in bright light, low light...any light.

I also did calibration on:-
- Gimbal
- Compass
- IMU

Anyway, I rang DJI today and they've asked me to send it back again.  This is very frustrating as I've only had it back for a short time after the Refresh Repair.  Let's hope they turn it around a bit quicker this time.  Last time took 3 weeks!  Not happy...
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DudeWithADrone Posted at 2017-11-13 00:40
Gimbal clamp was off.  I ALWAYS take it off before a flight and ALWAYS put it back on after a flight.  I'm very careful.  The shaking happened when it was windy, but also happened without wind (when indoors!).  Besides, a bit of wind should not cause this.  The previous drone was flown in strong wind and never had this issue!

Look at the video!

I sympathize with your frustration, really sorry for your experience. If you had got the case number, please provide it to me, I will help to keep an eye on it. Sincerely feel regretful again.
2017-11-15
Use props
GuyWithAMavic
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 01:30
I sympathize with your frustration, really sorry for your experience. If you had got the case number, please provide it to me, I will help to keep an eye on it. Sincerely feel regretful again.

Thanks, Thor.  I finally got the Magic back yesterday and the Gimbal seems to be OK now...

HOWEVER...the battery that it was sent back with is now giving me a "Battery Error" !!!  I really can't believe this!

I have tried my other 2 batteries that came with the FlyMore Combo and they seem fine.  When I use the battery that came back with my drone after this 2nd repair, it tells me there's an error with the battery and I need to land.  The light on the back of the Magic flashes RED when this battery is in the Mavic.

At one point, the error on screen said something about discharging the battery to 5% before recharging again and so I did that (I actually FULLY discharged it) and it still gives the error after recharge.

Very frustrating!

2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GuyWithAMavic Posted at 2017-11-24 13:51
Thanks, Thor.  I finally got the Magic back yesterday and the Gimbal seems to be OK now...

HOWEVER...the battery that it was sent back with is now giving me a "Battery Error" !!!  I really can't believe this!

Sir, I am extremely sorry for the late reply. If you have tried the full discharge and charge cycle but the error persists, it might be the voltage difference of each cell is larger than the normal case. We sincerely sorry for the difficulties you've been experiencing, please send the battery back and tell me the case number, I will report your situation to the designated team to learn from it and improve our service. Apologize again.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules