41640 53 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a good demo that shows you how to install 3rd Party Apps on a CrystalSky Monitor.  From what they are saying, you need to latest firmware update for the CrystalSky and for now this is only for Free Apps:
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Great video, thanks for sharing.
2017-11-14
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 02:28

You are most welcome DJI Mindy.  Hopefully DJI will come up with a way of installing paid apps on the CrystalSky.  This is the first step in that direction.
2017-11-14
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 02:28

DJI needs to hire this guy to do all their tutorial videos!
2017-11-14
Use props
Joshua Ziering
lvl.1

United States

This is awesome. Has anyone tried out http://Kittyhawk.io on here yet?
2017-11-14
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Joshua Ziering Posted at 2017-11-14 15:49

My ChrystalSky arrives on Monday so no I have not tried this as of yet.
2017-11-15
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank´s a mill! Just installed Google Maps, UAV Forecast and Flightradar 24 on my Crystal Sky. Apps I always use when flying
2017-11-15
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-11-15 12:22
Thank´s a mill! Just installed Google Maps, UAV Forecast and Flightradar 24 on my Crystal Sky. Apps I always use when flying

@Swedrone - Any performance issues on the Crystalsky while using the GoPro 4 app since you installed your other apps?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

geoffz Posted at 2017-11-14 09:34
DJI needs to hire this guy to do all their tutorial videos!

Hahaha, we appreciate the tutorial video very much, it is a great video.
2017-11-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joshua Ziering Posted at 2017-11-14 15:49

Yes Kittyhawk.io works on the CS
2017-11-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 2017-11-15 12:22

I've added precision flight, UGCS, kittyhawk and hover
2017-11-17
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone from DJI - Do you have any information on a firmware update that will allow us to install purchased apps now that we have the ability to install free apps on the DJI Cendence?
2017-11-20
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Think it's more a case of which Apps need Google services & those that don't
2017-11-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2017-11-20 10:44
Think it's more a case of which Apps need Google services & those that don't

Would be nice if DJI comes out with a solution so we can install both.
2017-11-20
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-16 01:20
@Swedrone - Any performance issues on the Crystalsky while using the GoPro 4 app since you installed your other apps?

none so far but hard to tell. I kill all apps and services I don´t use at the moment
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-20 07:20
Anyone from DJI - Do you have any information on a firmware update that will allow us to install purchased apps now that we have the ability to install free apps on the DJI Cendence?

Hi, Rich, CrystalSky runs the special Android system, to ensure the system stability, it will not support Google Service Framwork, in other words, it does not support Google Pay App.
Therefore, all the APP which are purchased via Google cannot be installed in CrystalSky.
2017-11-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 23:14
Hi, Rich, CrystalSky runs the special Android system, to ensure the system stability, it will not support Google Service Framwork, in other words, it does not support Google Pay App.
Therefore, all the APP which are purchased via Google cannot be installed in CrystalSky.

@DJI Mindy - Thank you for your response.
2017-11-21
Use props
AVImagingLLC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325974 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing! I just went to apkpure store directly from Crystalsky Ultrabright and downloaded Kittyhawk, Airmap and others.
2017-11-30
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AVImagingLLC Posted at 2017-11-30 04:17
Thanks for sharing! I just went to apkpure store directly from Crystalsky Ultrabright and downloaded Dronedeploy, Kittyhawk, Airmap and others.

I guess the key here is if you can download the install from the vendor website then you can install on the Crystalsky?
2017-11-30
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Also installed Twitter now, works fine!
2017-12-1
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-12-1 01:32

Excellent ... thank you for the feedback
2017-12-1
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-12-1
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-12-1
Use props
Brian Liem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 882113 ft
United States

Hello all, what method are you using for DL the software onto the crystal Sky/ Im trying the APKPure directly onto CS and not having success. I'm getting a notification its DL'ing, but not having completion. thanks for the input.
2018-1-4
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Have you checked in the downloads in CS as IIRC got the same but when I looked in Downloads they were there & ran
2018-1-4
Use props
Brian Liem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 882113 ft
United States

After DL'ing the APK app itself I was able to DL Drone Deploy. I was so happy until I hit start. It goes through the starting motions and then I get a pop up saying Drone Deploy won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported on CS. I saw here someone else DL'd Drone deploy, is it working for you?
2018-1-4
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Brian Liem Posted at 2018-1-4 11:31
After DL'ing the APK app itself I was able to DL Drone Deploy. I was so happy until I hit start. It goes through the starting motions and then I get a pop up saying Drone Deploy won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported on CS. I saw here someone else DL'd Drone deploy, is it working for you?

There are a number of other files that need to be installed to get a partial google services working on the CS , it should allow Drone Deploy to work, need to be installed in this order.Download them from apkpure.com

google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk

Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk

Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk

2018-1-4
Use props
Kroolyk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246 ft
  • >>>
Poland

lannes Posted at 2018-1-4 15:22
There are a number of other files that need to be installed to get a partial google services working on the CS , it should allow Drone Deploy to work, need to be installed in this order.Download them from apkpure.com

Hello,
I have a new CrystalSky and tried to install everything according to your instructions, however new versions do not want to work on this tablet. are there any other options?
Just as I tried to apkpure to install, for example, Pix4D could not. What may be the problem?
2018-1-18
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Kroolyk Posted at 2018-1-18 00:52
Hello,
I have a new CrystalSky and tried to install everything according to your instructions, however new versions do not want to work on this tablet. are there any other options?
Just as I tried to apkpure to install, for example, Pix4D could not. What may be the problem?

Not really many options with the new version of the files, a lot of trial and error went into figuring out what combinations of file versions worked. This was worked out by other drone enthusiasts and these files are what they came up with.
You might need to try a older version of Pix4D

Not all apps are going to work on Crystalsky, those that require payment are more likely to fail then be successful
From a mapping perspective I've only heard that UCGS works, but I haven't tried it.

https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/ugcs-for-dji

2018-1-18
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

to install an (apk), I had to set the setting on (allow unknown sources), how to cancel this permission now?
2018-1-21
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wow awesome. facebook on my $2800 dollar drone. just what i bought it for. NOT!
2018-2-9
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

tried those google apks above  and a few others, no joy on the phantom 4 pro plus controller either.
2018-2-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-9 20:46
tried those google apks above  and a few others, no joy on the phantom 4 pro plus controller either.

I would not expect them to work on the p4+ controller , DJI has never mentioned that they will make that compatible with 3rd party apps.

You do understand the google apks will not run by themselves, they are only there to support apps that make calls on google play services.
2018-2-10
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

lannes Posted at 2018-2-10 08:03
I would not expect them to work on the p4+ controller , DJI has never mentioned that they will make that compatible with 3rd party apps.

You do understand the google apks will not run by themselves, they are only there to support apps that make calls on google play services.

This week the plus controller has been updated to allow 3rd party APKs , just like the crystal sky.

Yes I understand the google components are for support and do not run as conventional apps.
Part of the problem is not knowing what the android hardware is, so getting the correct variant of both google play and google services is difficult. Compounding this is is my suspicion that none of the available variants will work because the DJI supplied Android version has been neutered in such a way as to specifically prevent these services from working. The GL300E and presumably the Crystal Sky are not recognised as devices by google so you cant just go and get the "right" versions.

I suspect the only way to get this done if DJI decline to allow 3rd party apps supported by google play/ google services, (or their own system) is if some of the more technically capable folk over at XDA can engineer a custom ROM for the GL300E and Crystal Sky devices.
This would have the missing google components baked into the ROM from the outset and would be update-able. Then we would be able to find out just how underpowered these premium devices are.

I suspect the main reason it is all so locked down is because most third party apps wont run very well on the hardware.

If you run Droid Hardware Info and look at the instruction set available and the CPU speed, it really does not inspire any confidence.
I have an Nexus 9 tablet and it struggles with DJI GO 4. Using Droid Hardware Info on that device shows a more advanced instruction set (more advanced processor) and processor speeds far in excess of  the GL300E.
I have no idea what hardware is in the Crystal Sky devices as I don't have one, but I believe the real reason none of this is easy is because DJI already know that the processing power in these premium devices is totally inadequate for the task of running all the software we want to use on them.I hope I'm wrong.

What is missing in the market is a rapid tablet with a bright screen. All this discussion would be moot.
2018-2-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-10 21:37
This week the plus controller has been updated to allow 3rd party APKs , just like the crystal sky.

Yes I understand the google components are for support and do not run as conventional apps.

My CS Ultra has a Rockchip RK3066 1.61 ghz cpu, running android 5.1.1

This apk set has been working on the CS

Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps
What applications have you had trouble with ?

For the licensed apps like Litchi etc. many of the recent versions do not work, but many have Lichi 4.0.2 patched working, Drone Harmony, UgCS, UAV forecast, Hover, OK Google, Google home launcher

No widgets will work as DJI have locked down the home page

2018-2-10
Use props
windstar3
lvl.3
Germany

Thanks for this great tutorial.
Manged to install the 3d party application from Sony Play Memories with the ADB method.
See screenshot enclosed
With this app I'm now able to use the Crystalsky as a remote control / shutter activator for my Sony Alpha MK II DSLR camera and take pictures with the CS and having immediately the taken picture in reasonable sice on the screen to judge about photo quality or if I have to take the picture again.

2018-2-14
Use props
fans29ae36a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21558 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

lannes Posted at 2018-1-18 03:12
Not really many options with the new version of the files, a lot of trial and error went into figuring out what combinations of file versions worked. This was worked out by other drone enthusiasts and these files are what they came up with.
You might need to try a older version of Pix4D

tested and verified UgCS working
2018-2-22
Use props
fans3fb32a8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3612943 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you copy apk file from your phone to SD card it will side load litchi or any app. So I have a Samsung s8 plus with SD card. It took 2 minutes to do.
2018-2-23
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-10 21:47
My CS Ultra has a Rockchip RK3066 1.61 ghz cpu, running android 5.1.1

This apk set has been working on the CS

When I did this I kept getting a popup that Google services has stopped over and over.  Are others getting this?  
2018-2-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jrfarrar Posted at 2018-2-23 18:36
When I did this I kept getting a popup that Google services has stopped over and over.  Are others getting this?

Yes, we all get this as it's a partial install of google services on the CS, the error message does not cause any problems in any apps etc. , just hit ok when it comes up
2018-2-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules