Mavic Pro strange video effect
1508 20 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lollopro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154117 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, I bought a Mavic Pro last week and I only did some night test photos in the garden with artificil light. Today I did the first video in real light but I can see a strage effect on the video. Peviously I had a Phantom 4 I don't remember of this. I will include video
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please upload some samples from the SD card to Dropbox so we can help to check more? Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-12
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 22:34
Could you please upload some samples from the SD card to Dropbox so we can help to check more? Thanks for your cooperation.

Sorry I am uploading a video on youtube only today because I have slow wifi at hoe but at work is fast then, I will include because I think that the gimbal is a little out
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

uploading video on dropbox as you asked post the link in the moment it's uploaded
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

uploading in 4k (at least I think) I didn't edit them I only downloaded them from the SD to Mac then on dropbox (the day was a little foggy)
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

here is the link for dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/phfoexkrjxvt0ae/DJI_0026.MOV?dl=0
if you need other video just ask
2017-11-13
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Hmm. Could no see any strange effects on your video. Very nice and interesting location by the way. But your flying made me a bit dizzy with the abrupt turns. LOL.
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-11-13 03:03
Hmm. Could no see any strange effects on your video. Very nice and interesting location by the way. But your flying made me a bit dizzy with the abrupt turns. LOL.

You can notice it in the grass behind the structure, I fought that it was strange if it's normal better
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

better I will upload another video because I think you can see it (the gimbal moment is normal I was in sport)
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

here is the link of the link of the second video ( in the previous one you can see it on the grass) can it be because I view it on a Mac that has no 4k screen so the compression destroyed the image)
link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/phfoexkrjxvt0ae/DJI_0026.MOV?dl=0
thanks for the location
2017-11-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

lollopro Posted at 2017-11-13 05:38
here is the link of the link of the second video ( in the previous one you can see it on the grass) can it be because I view it on a Mac that has no 4k screen so the compression destroyed the image)
link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/phfoexkrjxvt0ae/DJI_0026.MOV?dl=0
thanks for the location

You're going to need to give us more information about the effect you are asking about, for example, at what point(s) in the video(s) you see the issue. All I can suggest to you at this time is to use a faster frame rate if you want to make quick pans like that -- 24fps is not good at capturing fast motion.

Agree it's a cool location to shoot!
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro
lvl.1
Italy

I freaked out when I did the fact turn since there was an external person that said that there was a wire behind me and I had to check you can se the accent in the first video at the first moments, I checked the video on drop box and it seams to reduce it or maybe it's just me that watching the video not in 4k shows me strange effects. Thanks for the help
2017-11-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

lollopro Posted at 2017-11-13 10:14
I freaked out when I did the fact turn since there was an external person that said that there was a wire behind me and I had to check you can se the accent in the first video at the first moments, I checked the video on drop box and it seams to reduce it or maybe it's just me that watching the video not in 4k shows me strange effects. Thanks for the help

The video links appear to point to the same video. I didn't notice anything, but the movement is so frenetic maybe it's hard to notice?

You might be seeing an artifact of the way video compression works on areas of solid or near solid color. People often complain about the way green grassy fields render, and it can be made worse by using color profiles that accentuate green, or by accentuating green in post. If you are using the Normal color profile, which boosts green, try the True Color and see if that helps.
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro 9
lvl.1
Italy

thanks very much for the help can you advise some good video setting to use in sun and cloud since I fly in auto but some people say it's wrong and it's normal that I can only fly 1km while over a town since in Europe it should be 4 km or it's still 7km like in the us
thanks again
2017-11-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

lollopro 9 Posted at 2017-11-13 10:58
thanks very much for the help can you advise some good video setting to use in sun and cloud since I fly in auto but some people say it's wrong and it's normal that I can only fly 1km while over a town since in Europe it should be 4 km or it's still 7km like in the us
thanks again

Regarding autoexposure, the reason why videographers recommend against it is that it makes it more difficult to work with multiple clips in post if each clip has different exposure values. If you are just flying for fun, then I wouldn't worry about it.

As for distance, my understanding is that the radio in the remote is less powerful due to EU regulations -- this would have an effect on distance, but perhaps more important is whether there is a clear line of sight between you and the Mavic, or if there are objects between you and the Mavic (trees, buildings) that would negatively impact your effective distance.

Hope this helps.
2017-11-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

lollopro Posted at 2017-11-13 00:18
here is the link for dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/phfoexkrjxvt0ae/DJI_0026.MOV?dl=0
if you need other video just ask

It really is impossible to see any unusual effect because of the fog and your movements and pans are so fast and jerky. Try to show a video in better conditions and pan a lot slower.
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro 9
lvl.1
Italy

I'm uploading another video on one drive you can see this effect in the brown fields and in the green ones.
link for the video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj-QSX2FfVRmjCk2Me-TjkNYrlvW
it's on one drive  if you can view it I will post it somewhere else.
2017-11-13
Use props
lollopro 9
lvl.1
Italy

I have a question for you, how does the auto land  and precise landing feature work on the Mavic
Tanks very much
2017-11-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

lollopro 9 Posted at 2017-11-13 23:56
I'm uploading another video on one drive you can see this effect in the brown fields and in the green ones.
link for the video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj-QSX2FfVRmjCk2Me-TjkNYrlvW
it's on one drive  if you can view it I will post it somewhere else.

When you are flying forward in a straight line, I really can't see any problem. You are going to have issues if you continue to pan rapidly and jerk the camera about.
2017-11-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

lollopro 9 Posted at 2017-11-14 01:09
I have a question for you, how does the auto land  and precise landing feature work on the Mavic
Tanks very much

If you tap on the Landing icon on the screen, the drone will land where it is and shut the motors down. If you use the RTH icon then it will return to home, land and shut the motors down. If you use the Precision Landing then it should enable a more accurate return to home landing. For example, if you have a landing pad then the precision landing will normally get it right back on the landing pad whereas a normal RTH landing might see it land near to the landing pad.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

lollopro 9 Posted at 2017-11-13 10:58
thanks again

Sorry, the second video is the same the first one that you uploaded to Dropbox, and I am not able to catch the third link. But after a quick look, I think it might be familiar with the situation we had discussed before. Below's the answer from our engineers.

I don't think that's a defective camera in terms of noise. Firstly please note that LOG footage increases dynamic range at the cost of noise. Meanwhile, if you shoot complex scenes with very fine and randomly moving details, it is impossible to fit everything in the H.264 stream and some details are discarded by the encoder, which repeats every 8 frames. This may result in a flicking look.

Recently in a firmware update, we slightly adjusted gamma which may induce a little bit different in noise. Not sure if that's the tiny difference that you are looking at. If yes, switching to "vivid" colour can do some help. More details below:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=502949
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113392-1-1.html
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules