Altitude Loss?
1093 4 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

United States

I have started to experience an altidue loss of about 1 meter per minute of flight.

-Launch point altitude = 0 meters
-Land at the same point 13 minutes later (TB47 battery) and upon touch down it shows about 11 meters

Yes... I checked the IMU and compass

Any ideas?

Thanks

2015-4-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Satellite position changes?...Over time
Barometric pressure changes?

Someone will have a technical answer one day.
2015-4-11
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

If this has been happening only very recently,  it could well be a result of the high KP index due to a recent CME from the sun impacting Earths magnetic shield.  There are plenty of posts on here discussing possible adverse effects from a high KP index.

Keep an eye on the index and see if the problem persists when levels return to normal.

planetary-k-index.gif

Jason.
2015-4-11
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Mine does the same thing (so does my Phantom). My best *guess* is that the barometer/altimeter is not temperature compensated (or is compensated but the variation is within limits i.e., the best that DJI can do). The electronics heat up, warm air is less dense air, and of course, computed as higher altitude.
2015-4-11
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

Thanks for the replies!

I should have mentioned that the last 3 days I have been practicing ATTI flying using 7 batteries each day. I am staying airborne for the complete battery and most of the flying is slow, practicing turns around a point (POI) style flying and general maneuvering in 15kts of wind.

I am not sure about the K Index - since most of the flying was in ATTI mode I am guessing that the GPS was not used for altitude info.

Temperature rise is a possibility, since I have been flying steadily at a slow pace.

Cheers

2015-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules