Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 unstable hovering
10995 67 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRAGenDROP
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SkyFilms Posted at 2017-11-13 12:15
Mindy -

Here we are at 80' and as you can see from the leaves, no wind.    Inspire 2 drifting all over the place.

yes, thats what I have to, come on DJI we have jobs to do!
2018-9-30
Use props
Alex Dawson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-9-30 01:31
yes, thats what I have to, come on DJI we have jobs to do!

I'm going to update mine right now. Fly a few times and see if the landing gear works and if its more stable. Living on the edge with DJI
2018-9-30
Use props
Alex Dawson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-9-30 08:20
I'm going to update mine right now. Fly a few times and see if the landing gear works and if its more stable. Living on the edge with DJI

I did the upgrade and decided to make a short flight in the dark and what it seems like mine workes fine? I tried the landing gear like 5 times and try to fly in a straight line in pretty hard winds and there were no problems. It seems to fly more stable than ever. I was only 5-10 min in the air so I will have to try more tomorrow in daylight.

I run my I2 with the  X7 camera and latest firmware with a regular controller with the latest DjiGo app on an iPad Pro. My drone is from Feb 2018.

I was happy to see the Prores RAW and RAW HQ in the app when I formatted my SSD card

Kind regards // Alex
2018-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-9-30 09:34
I did the upgrade and decided to make a short flight in the dark and what it seems like mine workes fine? I tried the landing gear like 5 times and try to fly in a straight line in pretty hard winds and there were no problems. It seems to fly more stable than ever. I was only 5-10 min in the air so I will have to try more tomorrow in daylight.

I run my I2 with the  X7 camera and latest firmware with a regular controller with the latest DjiGo app on an iPad Pro. My drone is from Feb 2018.

Alex, to make sure I understand ... You just upgraded Inspire 2 firmware to .0200 version, correct? And - after a brief test flight - you haven't seen any abnormalities? This will support my thesis that only a fraction of Inspires out there can be affected by certain bugs in this version of FW. Or - in contrary - there's nothing wrong with .0200, only particular combination of Go 4 app version/RC firmware/device OS may exhibit some abnormal behaviour.

Please perform more elaborate testing at your convenience and keep us posted.
2018-9-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 01:25
Hello, the new firmware of Inspire has just been released, would you mind updating to the latest version to have a try?

What is the version number Mindy.
Always be clear please!
sorry
2018-10-3
Use props
DRAGenDROP
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

do you also have the next problem?:

When landing the machine on a little steep suface just a second after the drone haves his feet on the ground it try's to stay level, that's a very dangerous situation, when landing on a big ship, also when landing on a fixed surface that is a little steep, I meen really al little steep or more.
before we had never had this!
Also the camera swings to the left almost 180 degree to the left after the landing.
2018-10-3
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

A known issue right fro the get go. I will say that the latest GO 4 App helps a bit with the Hover.
2018-10-3
Use props
adamhw
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any updates on this from DJI - I don't remember it being this bad but have just updated to the latest firmware (27.02.2019), calibrated IMU, Vision Sensors, Compass, new foam filled props and apart from it being a bit quieter it's still wandering like crazy in hover when in gps mode - I compared it to my P4Pro and it's all over the place in comparison.....
2019-2-27
Use props
djiuser_1VbYiOTzyTc0
New
Romania

I get crazy how unstable is the Inspire 2. My Mavic is much more stable. I spent a lot of money to buy the I2 because in advertising they say that is "ROCK Stable" in the air! In the advert they say "for cinematography use". Hard to believe! How can the stability can be fixed? My I2 is useless in this condition.  Any suggestions? Any updates regarding this issue? Thanks guys.
2019-3-9
Use props
djiuser_1VbYiOTzyTc0
New
Romania

I am very frustrated because I see a lot of complains regarding the I2 stability since 2017 in this forum and DJI let its clients in the air without a ferm response! INCREDIBLE! I want an official answer from DJI admin. If there are so many complains regarding stability it means that IS A REAL PROBLEM WHICH NEED TO SOLVED ASAP!!!
2019-3-9
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

djiuser_1VbYiOTzyTc0 Posted at 3-9 22:04
I am very frustrated because I see a lot of complains regarding the I2 stability since 2017 in this forum and DJI let its clients in the air without a ferm response! INCREDIBLE! I want an official answer from DJI admin. If there are so many complains regarding stability it means that IS A REAL PROBLEM WHICH NEED TO SOLVED ASAP!!!

NOW you are unfair!!
You cant expect to both pay a huge stack of  money AND get a
product that works!
Jokes aside... Got the same problem, but have realised that the way
DJI handle this issue might be by annonucing EOL for the I2 and then
launch the I3.
IF we are lucky DJI will launch one more FW update but rest asure that
it will bring up a lot of other issues.
2019-3-10
Use props
magli149
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509678 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have the exact same problem with my Inspire 2.

Any news on this topic now by mid 2019?
2019-7-23
Use props
magli149
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Looks like this:

Video from the drone:

Unstable hover. Moves slightly but constantly side to side and up / down. Same at low and high altitude. Same in no / low / high wind conditions.

Drone now has about 3 hours of flight time or so (all for troubleshooting basically).

Tried several careful IMU-calibrations (followed by careful compass calibration)... also tried doing calibrations very quickly after power on and after waiting a bit.

Tried with both sets of propellers that came with the drone.

Tried in a few totally different locations to eliminate that this is due to external factors.

Also tries calibrating the controller sticks, gain adjustments and all other far fetched stuff found in forums.
2019-7-25
Use props
sincabeza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

ohshhh...
Im not alone with same problem ...

have anyone tried to turn off the sensors ?

my P4Pro more stable then $8K toy from DJI ...
2019-8-14
Use props
GeoffG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

2019-8-14
Use props
magli149
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Nothing new on this?

Seems to me like it is time for DJI to fix this or provide refund or upgrade!
2019-8-18
Use props
Revette
lvl.1

United States

This issue just started with our I2, flew fine for months then it just randomly starts?   Saw there was newer firmware, installed it, recalibrated etc and it still persists.   Doesn't inspire confidence in these products
2019-8-21
Use props
bachir_photo_ph
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20013228 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

same here both my old inspire and the new one purchased 3 days ago....
2019-8-21
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.4
Canada

Same here,i got one Phantom Standard,one Phantom 4 Pro,one Inspire 1 and they are all much more stable than my new Inspire 2...
It hard to believe that this problem still haven't been fix about 3 years after the release of the Inspire 2
2019-11-8
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Two inspire 2 in two years and both the same problems!
No stable hovering and constantly moving up and down. Very hard to work!
2019-11-9
Use props
AeroMovie
First Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The unstable drifting in the air is unfortunately only one problem of our two Inspire 2.
There is also the constant compass calibration. It's funny that Inspire 2 has become so quiet.
I see it coming soon that there will be an Inspire 3 (or similar) and the Inspire 2 will be dropped by DJI.

link: calibrate permanent compass:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-193546-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-201099-1-1.html
Link: Inspire 2 unstable hovering
https://forum.dji.com/thread-138920-3-1.html
https://inspirepilots.com/threads/inspire-2-unstable-hover.23199/

2019-11-11
Use props
AeroMovie
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI Mindy

What's going on DJI Mindy? Don't you want to answer all the questions or don't you want to answer all the problems???
After all these complaints, it's time for the Inspire 2 to hear what DJI has to say.
Has the DJI flagship Inspire 2 hit an iceberg and is now threatening to sink?
2019-11-20
Use props
FVP
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Not stable and can’t fly on strength line.
2019-11-21
Use props
sincabeza
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

Hello, DJI ?
any FW updates for stabilized hoovering ?
2019-11-24
Use props
AeroMovie
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Really, no answer from DJI.
Hello DJI Thor, DJI Tony, DJI Mindy?
What's going on?  

Views (4.3K) for this post and you don't notice it anymore?
2019-11-28
Use props
FVP
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Thank you DJI....
2019-11-28
Use props
sincabeza
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

DJI, where is the solution ?
2020-4-26
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

sincabeza Posted at 4-26 23:56
DJI, where is the solution ?

DJI does not care about their professional photo and film drone. It is a year and a half since the latest firmware. It lags behind in functions compared to their small old drones. They promised ProRes RAW for the X5s but now they say they won't do it... I've invested a huge amount in DJI drones, cameras and sensors, but I think I will abandon DJI now.
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules