966 11 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Not super worried about this, but is there a quick fix for a tilted I2? It was not windy, so there's really no reason for the drone to be tilted on a side. Any suggestions?

Tilted Inspire2

Tilted Inspire2
2017-11-13
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Electica - I recognised the same behaviour on my I2 and it is not all the time. Maybe DJI has an answer to that. Regards, Gerry
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

How about the camera and footage? Will them tilt?
Does this issue happen when hovering? How about hovering in low altitude?
Have you tried to calibrate the IMU?
Please check the propeller mounting plate and change propellers to see if there is any abnormality.

Thanks for your time to do the troubleshooting.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-13 01:22
Hi Electica - I recognised the same behaviour on my I2 and it is not all the time. Maybe DJI has an answer to that. Regards, Gerry

Hi, Gerry, thanks for the feedback.
Would you please check my post in 3# for a brief troubleshooting? Thanks for your time.
2017-11-13
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:51

Hi Mindy, I just noticed it yesterday. Propellers were brand new (First flight). It was hovering when I took the photo with my iPhone. I will try calibration. this is a brand new I2 that was substituted after a small crash. I have not flown it for a while and I only have a few minutes on this unit.
2017-11-13
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:51

Hi DJI Mindy. The props are ok. I'll do an IMU calibration and let you know about the result.
2017-11-13
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible that at the altitude there may have been some wind? Did you try to rotate 180 degrees to see it the tilt changes from your perspective or stays the same?

Regards,
Tom
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-13 05:37
Hi Mindy, I just noticed it yesterday. Propellers were brand new (First flight). It was hovering when I took the photo with my iPhone. I will try calibration. this is a brand new I2 that was substituted after a small crash. I have not flown it for a while and I only have a few minutes on this unit.

Have you checked the Attitude Indicator in the APP? Will it tilt?
Like Tom suggested, please rotate 180 degrees, pay attention to the Attitude Indicator, will it sync with the aircraft? Please let us know if the aircraft will stay the same after rotating 180 degrees.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-13 23:34
Hi DJI Mindy. The props are ok. I'll do an IMU calibration and let you know about the result.

Gerry, please refer to my post in 8# to do the test, thank you, please make sure there is no wind.
2017-11-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I've seen that happen too, only mine was hovering at a 30+ degree tilt.  No wind as flags on nearby poles were still.  This was with the old firmware and I haven't tried out the new firmware yet.

It stopped and was hovering fine, but someone came up to me and began talking about "Seeing one for his first time," etc.  After a while, I looked up and it was tilted way over, but the horizon was level on the screen I was showing him so the gimbal was doing its job.  Possibly some thermal irregularity inside the bird maybe causing it to lean while in hover after a while.  I've seen the gimbal camera drift to a side slowly while on the ground warming up.  Dunno.

Have to try out the new firmware and see if it makes any difference.
2017-11-14
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

My bird does the same thing, tilts for no reason. I will be doing a full test on job tomorrow with the new firmware, will report back.
2017-11-14
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 01:39
Have you checked the Attitude Indicator in the APP? Will it tilt?
Like Tom suggested, please rotate 180 degrees, pay attention to the Attitude Indicator, will it sync with the aircraft? Please let us know if the aircraft will stay the same after rotating 180 degrees.

Hi Mindy, there was no wind when I recognised this behavior of my I2. But I'll do a test flight this evening and and I’ll calibrate my IMU beforehand.
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules