Feature request: Gimbal soft stop
638 5 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carmadmate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65102 ft
United Kingdom

After flying at the weekend and reviewing my footage I thought of a useful feature for producing more profesional looking footage.

How about having the gimbal slow down to a stop rather than hitting a hard stop when rotating it up on the RC.
I have turned my gimabl speed down to achieve a more cinematic look but I still get a clunk effect when it gets back to 0° and I find it hard to judge when it's getting close to 0° and slow the movement manually.
I would really like to have a setting when recording and say the gimbal gets to 5° it then progressively slows it down to a full stop at 0°.

Is this something DJI could look at implementing in the future if enough people wanted it?
2017-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I believe they have this already in Mavic. phantom 4..
So not sure they will add this in the Spark version of DJI Go4.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. I think it is a good one. Hope it can be achieved in the future.
2017-11-13
Use props
Carmadmate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65102 ft
United Kingdom

Oh so they had already though of it then on the premium lineup of their products.
I was unaware of that as the Spark is my first quadcopter.

Like you say they may not introduce the feature if they haven't done so already. I suppose this keeps those features for the more expensive drones.
2017-11-13
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Remember also that Spark has only two axes and the other models have three. So there might be limitations to the Spark that the rest of the lineup doesn’t have.
2017-11-13
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Great idea, should be doable!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced