Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Battery Error
2594 10 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219623 ft
Brazil

Dear DJI friends,

About 11 months ago I bought the Fly More Combo Package, having 3 batteries in my possession.

During this period of time I did at least 30 flights, always using the 3 batteries. Yesterday, one of them did show the "Battery Error" warning followed by the "Battery Cell Broken" and the need for replacement while in the ground. The other two are just fine. This specific battery was charged, just like the others, 10 times wich I consider a pretty low number (I assume it's a good quality product and expected at least 500 charge cycles). I did contact the reseller here in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and they informed that the batteries have only 3 months of warranty (I tought the entire Fly More Combo had 1 year warranty) and that I need to purchase a new one. Are they correct?

I just installed the latest firmware (01.04.0000) and the error for this specific battery stopped showing. The app now tells me it's NORMAL but when I look to the charge contained by each cell, 2 of them have 4.06V and the last one 3.92V. Is it normal? Can I fully charge this battery and fly safely?

Please, give me some light here.

Thanks,

Flavio.

2017-11-13
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Falvio,

The first thing I should say to you: forget about warrant here in Brazil.
The retailers are not DJI's associates and the only place in Brazil that gives you "techinical support" is very....but very questionable.
If you want to understand, please read some of my tghreads.
Battery is a piece of headake!
I would say to you to upgrade all your stuff: drone, RC, batteries, trhoug assitant or app and try to charge them.
After that, you should fly somewhere nearby you, on begginer mode very close to you, watching the discharge time and so on.
If everythinf is normal, I should fly with no worry!
Update us!
Cheers!
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI batteries have a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase (you may want to check with one of the moderators on here for further info).

My take, I wouldn't even take a chance on a 'Battery Cell Broken'. It's not worth taking a chance flying with a deficient battery. I would continue to fly with the other two and hopefully get an exchange on the problem battery.

I'm not a battery expert, but those numbers appear pretty far apart from what I'm used to seeing. True, 10 recharged cycles is definitely low for these batteries which can take on a lot more charges as you'd described.

2017-11-13
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-13 07:20
Falvio,

The first thing I should say to you: forget about warrant here in Brazil.

Hello Doc,
Thanks for the reply to my broken battery issue. I just tried another discharge / recharge cycle and the app showed again the "Battery Error" message. So, due to that instability I will no longer use this specific battery to fly the Mavic. Unfortunatelly, it seems that I'll have to buy a new one and, for while, keep flying with the other two. What bothers me the most is that I really did trust the quality of DJI's batteries and now I'm pretty disappointed. When I buy a new one I don't know if it will have a lifecycle of 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year....I've learned that it's totally unpredictable and surely damaging to our pockets.

Cheers,
Flavio.
2017-11-13
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-13 08:47
DJI batteries have a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase (you may want to check with one of the moderators on here for further info).

My take, I wouldn't even take a chance on a 'Battery Cell Broken'. It's not worth taking a chance flying with a deficient battery. I would continue to fly with the other two and hopefully get an exchange on the problem battery.

Hello M.C.

Thanks for your reply.

I will surely follow your advice and not use this specific "broken" battery to fly anymore. But it's still a shame that a supposed good quality product lasts for less than a year. The only alternative is going to accept a bite on my pocket.

Cheers,
Flavio.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Flavio, DJI has 6 months and 200 charging cycles for battery warranty. The voltage difference is larger than 0.1 is abnormal, since you have applied the full discharge and full charge, if the issue persists, please don't use it again. Now what I can do is to introduce you the usage and maintenance of the battery, hope you can learn from it and move on.
2017-11-13
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-13 20:34
Flavio, DJI has 6 months and 200 charging cycles for battery warranty. The voltage difference is larger than 0.1 is abnormal, since you have applied the full discharge and full charge, if the issue persists, please don't use it again. Now what I can do is to introduce you the usage and maintenance of the battery, hope you can learn from it and move on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... QQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r

And Thor,

One more problem, in Brazil, for you to report to DJI's staff!
A shame for us!
2017-11-14
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Flavio, wondering, by any chance did the bad battery get discharged to low. you realize that they self discharge over a short period of time.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-14 04:04
And Thor,

One more problem, in Brazil, for you to report to DJI's staff!

If it is from DJI'S recommended repair center, I will forward to the proper team. Will do my best.
2017-11-15
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-13 20:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... QQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r

Hello Thor,

Thank you for your reply to my battery issue. I do also thank you for sending me the informative video about battery care. I've followed in the last 11 months since I bought the Mavic's Fly More Combo, all the correct guideline considering my drone and its accessories maintenance.
I can say the only thing that I learned from this negative experience is that DJI's batteries aren't reliable. They can collapse at any time, even within the warranty period, without following any logical reason.
I surely will move on, since I've no other choice, and buy a new DJI Intelligent (?) Battery, because I use the equipment for professional aerial video recordings, and G*d knows for how long it will last and even if it will return the investment.
Best Regards,
Flavio.
2017-11-15
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-14 07:23
Flavio, wondering, by any chance did the bad battery get discharged to low. you realize that they self discharge over a short period of time.

Hello Locoman,

Thank you for replying my message.

All the three batteries are set to discharge within 10 days (the max period allowed by the app). I've never experienced any issue with them before, and before my last flight, I charged all of them to 100%. My luck is that the problem with this specific battery happened while in the ground and not during a flight wich might put my drone integrity into a really dangerous situation.

Thanks for the attention,

Flavio.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules