3494 14 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

Hi.

I updated today the Spark firmware to 0701 and after I chose 2.4Ghz in the DJI GO App, the app restarted and I cannot see the Spark wifi anymore on my phone.
I restarted everything, phone, RC, aircraft multiple times, the RC's wifi appears shortly in the phone's menu but then dissapears and does not come back.

I made a short video of the situation, you can hear when I turn on the RC and the aircraft.
I think I have the latest firmwares at all the components (I can connect to the aircraft only via OTG cable).

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5avkcqpocr58p9/2017_11_13_16_30_38.mp4?dl=0

Screenshots:

2017-11-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If you are referring to what you are showing us on the second screen shot, nothing has changed with that by the last firmware update. This is a Mavic function that is not available for the Spark (yet). And you can only see this menu because you have connected your mobile device with an OTG cable to the RC. If you connect via WiFi to the RC it will not be there at all.
2017-11-13
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I put that because I don't really know what's that referring to... image transmission is one thing and wifi frequency for controlling the AC is something else
2017-11-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Bupitz Posted at 2017-11-13 09:18
I put that because I don't really know what's that referring to... image transmission is one thing and wifi frequency for controlling the AC is something else

Yes it is, and that screenshot was for image transmission settings, which are not availble for Spark.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So there is no problem before the update, right? Is there another mobile device that had already connected the RC's WiFi first? Please try to reset the WiFi by pressing and holding the power button for about 9 seconds, then go to WiFi setting, manually select a channel and try again. If it doesn't help, would you mind telling me the mobile device you are using? It might be that the mobile device doesn't support 5.8GHz.
2017-11-13
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-13 23:46
So there is no problem before the update, right? Is there another mobile device that had already connected the RC's WiFi first? Please try to reset the WiFi by pressing and holding the power button for about 9 seconds, then go to WiFi setting, manually select a channel and try again. If it doesn't help, would you mind telling me the mobile device you are using? It might be that the mobile device doesn't support 5.8GHz.

No problems before the update, no other phone conected before.
As you can see in the video the phone is seeing the RC but then it disappears.
The phone is a Samsung S7.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bupitz Posted at 2017-11-15 09:27
No problems before the update, no other phone conected before.
As you can see in the video the phone is seeing the RC but then it disappears.
The phone is a Samsung S7.

Did you follow thor's advice and reset your RC? If it doesn't work, please try to downgrade your RC through long press the icon in the upper right corner of go 4 app and upgrade it again. Please keep us updated.
2017-11-15
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 22:42
Did you follow thor's advice and reset your RC? If it doesn't work, please try to downgrade your RC through long press the icon in the upper right corner of go 4 app and upgrade it again. Please keep us updated.

I also have the same problem where the RC WiFi shows the name sometimes  in the Andorid phone and then disappears from the phone ( Samsung Note 5 ).  It used to work well for earlier updates !!
2017-11-16
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Try this:
1. Turn on AC
2. Reset the Spark (press the power of 9sec. 3-signals)
3. Turn off the AC
4. Turn on the RC
5. Reset RC (press power 9 sec. 3-signals)
6. Turn off the RC
7. Turn on AC and RC
8. Press the AC power (3 sec. One signal)
9. Connect RC-AC (On RC press pause + power + function key - right under your finger)

If properly connected, the green light will light up

10. Run Dji Go
11. Open Wifi and search RC

Write or work.
2017-11-16
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

Krrisstoff Posted at 2017-11-16 05:57
Try this:
1. Turn on AC
2. Reset the Spark (press the power of 9sec. 3-signals)

Hi.

I did what you said but the RC is not connecting to the AC. The led is still red.
Nothing happens when I press Pause + Power + Fn.
But I found this video: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103335-1-1.html and I did that and it worked (it's not the power button you have to press, it's the customizable button).
Will get back to you after I try to connect ...

2017-11-16
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Bupitz Posted at 2017-11-16 12:37
Hi.

I did what you said but the RC is not connecting to the AC. The led is still red.

Sorry, my mistake was about the pause + fn + function key - right under your finger
2017-11-16
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

Hi.

I reseted the WiFi and connected again.
The same happened: when I select a channel from the 2.4Ghz range, it stops the WiFi on the remote.

I managed to record my screen, you can see that I try to select Channel 1,7,9 and that the wifi shifts by itself from 2.4 to 5.8Ghz.
Cannot understand, I simply don't have the nerves anymore:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdaer6 ... 7_20_00_47.mp4?dl=0

2017-11-17
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I turned off and on both the AC and the RC. The RC connects to the AC (the led on the RC turns green) but I don't see the Wifi from the Spark RC on the phone
2017-11-17
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

After I reseted again everything, I connected to DJI GO App and left everything default and went out for a flight check. I saw DJI GO changed between 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz from now and then without me changing anything in the app.

After I took off, made some maneuvers to see if everything is OK, I said to fly a bit, after no more than 30 meters the AC disconnected and returned to home. The DJI Go App switched automatically by its own to 2.4Ghz ....

Take a look:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y255VVDQTDYUTLXHFAM9/

2017-11-17
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I've flown again today. Two times, no problems at all. I just connected the controller, left everything default in the app and took off. I didn't encounter any issues in 25 minutes, I went 220m away on 5.8Ghz ... I think this a premiere for me and I've noticed that the frequency also changed to 2.4Ghz during the flight (this is something new).
I don't know what to thing anymore ...
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules