ND Filters
760 6 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

Hello all, it appears that I am having alittle difficulty in finding appropriate ND filters for my Phantom 4. Everywhere I look, I see filters for the P4 Pro/Adv. Can anyone steer me in a helpful direction? Thanks in advance! Happy flying!
2017-11-13
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

This is where I recently bought a 6-pack https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/phantom-4-accessories
2017-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go onto eBay and search on "pgytech filters phantom 4". Many others will recommend Polar Pro (and I'm sure they are good), but the pgytech filters I bought are high-quality and half the price. Very happy with them.

Oh, and while filters for the P4P may appear at the top of the search, sometimes if you go into the eBay store selling them you can drill down to the ones for the P4.
2017-11-13
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

Good info Punchbuggy. I see they are glass which is great, but didn't see any spec on weight other than "lightweight". I suppose if they cause any gimbal issues you would have mentioned it. PolarPro is a great company and I don't regret giving them my money, but since this hobby can blow a crater in your wallet any chance to save here would help buy other accessories.
2017-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TriProt Posted at 2017-11-13 18:54
Good info Punchbuggy. I see they are glass which is great, but didn't see any spec on weight other than "lightweight". I suppose if they cause any gimbal issues you would have mentioned it. PolarPro is a great company and I don't regret giving them my money, but since this hobby can blow a crater in your wallet any chance to save here would help buy other accessories.

Hi TriProt. The set of pgytech filters I bought for my P4P are glass, with the rings made from "aircraft-grade" aluminium (check here: https://www.pgy-tech.com/filters-for-phantom4-pro). I understand this is the same material as used by the PolarPro filters.

I leave the UV filter attached to my P4P, as I bought a matching pgytech lens cover which accommodates it. When I fly, I have no gimbal issues.

Having said that, I note that the pgytech website doesn't seem to list filters for the P4 - just the P4P. Very odd, if that's the case, and I hope I haven't posted irrelevant information to the OP.
2017-11-13
Use props
Dixie Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492392 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue as BNags63 so let me try rewording this question. Can the filters for the Phantom 4 Pro be used on the Phantom 4? Unsure if the filters are the same size. Is the outer camera diameter the same size for both Phantoms?

I've spent hours trying to find this out and since most of these filters come in an expensive set I'd rather not order something that will likely need to be returned.

The filter I currently have is the Ultima Studio Series HD Variable ND2-ND400. It's designed specifically for the DJI series but it's a two piece filter and heavy, causing mild shaking in perfectly calm conditions and violent seizure like fits in a brisk wind.

I've actually attempted taping counterweights to the camera back which only makes the problem worse. I believe the weight is as much the issue as the balance.

I need the ND filter but having little success through DJI finding one. Thoughts? Suggestions? Guidance please?
2017-11-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dixie Flyer Posted at 2017-11-15 11:30
I'm having the same issue as BNags63 so let me try rewording this question. Can the filters for the Phantom 4 Pro be used on the Phantom 4? Unsure if the filters are the same size. Is the outer camera diameter the same size for both Phantoms?

I've spent hours trying to find this out and since most of these filters come in an expensive set I'd rather not order something that will likely need to be returned.

With regards to are the filters compatible between the P4 and P4P/P4A - no. Filters are compatible between the P3 and P4, but its a different lens on the P4P/P4A.

Otherwise, I haven't heard of that filter brand, but it doesn't sound very compatible if they are causing that much instability.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules