1268 9 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tavs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45600 ft
Australia

Hello,
I have been enjoying my Mavic Pro for a while now and flown it about four times since I purchased it five months ago.

I have been traveling for a few months and decided to take my drone out after a few months of being idle and store away, and to my surprise, I encountered a few issues; firmware updates, calibration of the gimbal and my biggest problem an error warning: "core overheating"

The one thing that I noticed was the drone's fan not running at all. Which is very strange because if my memory serves me well, it did run the last time I used it.

At this point, I'm very concerned about it because I enjoy this drone so much and now it's practically unusable.

Please help!

Sam
2017-11-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

You're right: if the fan has stopped working then your Mavic is unusable and shouldn't be flown any more, and you should be able to get it replaced for free by opening a warranty case with DJI.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sam, had you updated the firmware? If the fan still doesn't work after upgrading the firmware, I suggest sending it in. Please send an email to support@dji.com and they will help to guide you how to send.
2017-11-14
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-11-14 05:32
You're right: if the fan has stopped working then your Mavic is unusable and shouldn't be flown any more, and you should be able to get it replaced for free by opening a warranty case with DJI.

Hey, DroneFlying! I spent nearly an hour on the phone with support and was asked to ship the drone back to the USA for repair, which I'm not sure I want to deal with that. Then, they told me that an email would be sent with a case number and any other relevant information; waited for two days and nothing came through.

I'm currently traveling in Taiwan for a few months, and I would just like to send it in for repair somewhere within this region; China or here in Taiwan. But again, why make it so hard? I mean, I will be covering the cost to ship it to them, so let's just get this going, so I can get my drone back in the air where it belongs, right!

Cheers!

2017-12-11
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 17:59
Sam, had you updated the firmware? If the fan still doesn't work after upgrading the firmware, I suggest sending it in. Please send an email to  and they will help to guide you how to send.

Hey, DJI Thor! Yep, that is my only choice now. I will post back as soon as I hear from them.

Cheers!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tavs Posted at 2017-12-11 01:16
Hey, DJI Thor! Yep, that is my only choice now. I will post back as soon as I hear from them.

Cheers!

Yes, wish it will work. Looking forward to your update.
2017-12-11
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 04:28
Yes, wish it will work. Looking forward to your update.

Well, after a week or so of waiting, the unit was "repaired" for a whopping $127 US dollars, yikes! Here's the breakdown of the damaged components:

- Front Left Motor Arm - $22.00
- Gimbal Vibration Damping Module - $2.00
- Gimbal Arm Module         - $59.00
- Fan V02 - $9.00
- Repair Service Fee - $35.00 P/H

Now, after getting the drone back, I went ahead and paired the drone with the controller and ram through a couple of firmware updates. I then took to the sky with the drone but noticed something unusual; a very strange "white" blur at the center of the camera lens. I thought I could remove it since it seems to be on the outside of the camera, but when I took a second look, I realized it was on the inside instead.

BUMMER!

So now I'm in this predicament of whether or not I should send the drone back and have it checked in again. I have included a couple of pictures in the hope that someone here might be able to shed some light on this issue.

Thanks!

2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tavs Posted at 2018-3-2 07:22
Well, after a week or so of waiting, the unit was "repaired" for a whopping $127 US dollars, yikes! Here's the breakdown of the damaged components:

- Front Left Motor Arm - $22.00

Sorry to know there is another issue with the drone after repair service, any chance it is the fog? It might occur when you fly in a high-temperature environment after flying in a low-temperature environment. Does it exist in all places any time? If yes, please post the previous case number here, we will help to escalate, thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-4 00:07
Sorry to know there is another issue with the drone after repair service, any chance it is the fog? It might occur when you fly in a high-temperature environment after flying in a low-temperature environment. Does it exist in all places any time? If yes, please post the previous case number here, we will help to escalate, thank you.

Hey, Mindy! Thanks for the reply. I am beyond frustrated with the outcome of this predicament. DJI has done absolutely nothing to resolve this current issue. In fact, DJI sent me a new quote for $231, which I think it is rediculous -- So at the moment, I have spent more than $1,200 on this drone, and that's not including the additional $231 for this new quote.

At this point, I think it's just best for me to leave it as is (broken) and NEVER, ever purchase another DJI product ever again. Seriously, how on earth can this be? I received the darn drone from DJI Hong Kong; sat on the original box for two weeks, take the drone out to test and then found out the "condensation" issue. But no, according to them I damaged it, and thus I'm expected to cover the additional charges to have it repaired. NO F**ing WAY!

Gimbal and Camera Module - $101.00
Repair Service Fee - $130.00

I am just LIVE IT
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tavs Posted at 2018-3-23 08:49
Hey, Mindy! Thanks for the reply. I am beyond frustrated with the outcome of this predicament. DJI has done absolutely nothing to resolve this current issue. In fact, DJI sent me a new quote for $231, which I think it is rediculous -- So at the moment, I have spent more than $1,200 on this drone, and that's not including the additional $231 for this new quote.

At this point, I think it's just best for me to leave it as is (broken) and NEVER, ever purchase another DJI product ever again. Seriously, how on earth can this be? I received the darn drone from DJI Hong Kong; sat on the original box for two weeks, take the drone out to test and then found out the "condensation" issue. But no, according to them I damaged it, and thus I'm expected to cover the additional charges to have it repaired. NO F**ing WAY!

Sam, I managed to get the case number via the forum info, and very sorry for the troubles. I've reported this to the management for investigation. There might be some delay due to the weekend, the right team will check the exact status and contact you soon. Thanks for your patience.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules