Hard Landing
840 19 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Hello and Thanks for the Membership,
I have the Inspire 1 and had a hard landing and it seems to have knocked out the binding of the remote to the A/C so I have been working to get it back, I tried binding it at start up and manually with no luck. The A/C led "binding light" is blinking red continually while the main led is blinking yellow. I have never updated any of the firmware and trying to avoid that now,  I am about to try it but whats the use if the Remote does not reconize the A/C ?

Is there any advice to Help me out?
2017-11-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you go into the app under the remote section and click "link remote" then on the side of inspire by the nose cone is a small red button you need to push that and hold for a sec while the remote is beeping and looking for the inspire

2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, Yes I did, that is the light that blinks red continually never turning green.
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

BTW The remote is set to Master so thats not the Problem.
2017-11-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i would go through and check all the plugs, might have to remove the nose to see a few and just make sure they fully clicked into place. other than that not really sure on a fix. sorry
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, can a phantom 4 remote bind to the Inspire?
2017-11-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-11-14 08:53
i would go through and check all the plugs, might have to remove the nose to see a few and just make sure they fully clicked into place. other than that not really sure on a fix. sorry

To amplify TruGreen's suggestion, the four landing gear feet house the antenna that communicate with the RC. Depending on your HARD LANDING, hopefully you didn't dislodge the antenna connectors. But losing the RC binding would reinforce TruGreen's suggestion to check your antenna connectors. Two antenna connector wires exit either side of the landing gear scissors and run to the back lower side of the NCORE (signal processing unit). They may be difficult to locate, but use a flashlight and try to see that all four are connected if you can. Here's a partial disassembled view of the four connectors (two white and two black).....

20160630_143238.jpg
2017-11-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-11-14 09:25
To amplify TruGreen's suggestion, the four landing gear feet house the antenna that communicate with the RC. Depending on your HARD LANDING, hopefully you didn't dislodge the antenna connectors. But losing the RC binding would reinforce TruGreen's suggestion to check your antenna connectors. Two antenna connector wires exit either side of the landing gear scissors and run to the back lower side of the NCORE (signal processing unit). They may be difficult to locate, but use a flashlight and try to see that all four are connected if you can. Here's a partial disassembled view of the four connectors (two white and two black).....

[view_image]

very true forgot about them. but ive taken mine off (had to replace an arm) and they a very tight snug fit
2017-11-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Josey Posted at 2017-11-14 09:02
Thank you, can a phantom 4 remote bind to the Inspire?

I seem to remember that my P3P RC could bind, but didn't support the 5.8GHz master-slave. I don't remember about the P4 RC, but over on Inspire Pilots, they say no -> InspirePilots thread aout RC compatibility
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Thank you guys, I seem to be connecting somewhat but the remote is telling me "Image Transmission Initialization error"
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Okay I am now download firmware 1.7.80 but I'll need to put this same one on a SD card to upgrade the drone in hopes that helps. The problem I can not find this version in the zip files to down load it. UGH!
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Good Gawd, the remote will only download to 34% and shuts down and I have to start all over.
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

I Give Up.
2017-11-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Josey Posted at 2017-11-14 10:15
Thank you guys, I seem to be connecting somewhat but the remote is telling me "Image Transmission Initialization error"

What camera/gimbal do you have? That error is usually a gimbal connection/wiring issue. Check the gimbal by disconnecting it and then check any wiring/ribbon cables that you see. Reconnect the gimbal checking for solid contact and connection.
2017-11-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Josey Posted at 2017-11-14 10:30
Okay I am now download firmware 1.7.80 but I'll need to put this same one on a SD card to upgrade the drone in hopes that helps. The problem I can not find this version in the zip files to down load it. UGH!

I don't recall a 1.7.80 for the Inspire 1.... It went 1.6.0.40 then 1.7.0.90. Where are you getting 1.7.80?

The 1.7.0.90 firmware (X3) can be downloaded from here -> http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.zip
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Thank you sir, this is the link they gave me.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Okay my friends, my last question and I'll leave you alone. How can I get the landing gear down to box it up?
2017-11-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Josey Posted at 2017-11-14 12:28
Okay my friends, my last question and I'll leave you alone. How can I get the landing gear down to box it up?

If your RC will connect, then cycle the landing gear switch five times rapidly. Make sure the Inspire is on a smooth surface as the landing gear feet will spread laterally.

If your RC is still not linked, then you'll need to use a screw driver to manually screw the landing gear worm screw to move the gear sissors. There's a hole under the bottom of the Inspire that allows access to this manual worm screw.

P.S. for info: The download link provided by you above is correct for the current firmware version which is 1.11.1.50.... You'd need to upgrade the Inspire using th USB, but the RC is upgraded via the GO App. And to ensure proper encryption between the aircaft and RC, both the aircraft and RC need to be updated to compatible versions.
2017-11-14
Use props
Josey
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for taking the time to help.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response because of the time difference.
Thank Daroga for troubleshooting.
How's it going now? Does the problem persist?
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules