DJI go 4App won’t connect to iPhone 8
1447 11 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfd628723
New
United States

Looking for help. Upgraded to an iPhone 8 yesterday. Version 11.1.1. Now having trouble connecting Mavic Pro to iPhone 8.

Is there a fix or update I’ve not found?
2017-11-14
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270469 ft
Hong Kong

Same issue since last weekend where I bought an iPhone 8+. Based on my tests and reads in various threads it looks like an iOS 11.1.1 problem. Think DJI has had issues with any iOS11 release so far. Some people can fly, some can't connect to their drone anymore.....
2017-11-14
Use props
fansfd628723
New
United States

Thanks htenbos for the response. Have you been able to bypass or roll back firmware etc in order to fly your drone?
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please confirm if the app and your mobile device OS are up to date. It is said the connecting issue is resolved and users' feedbacks are positive. The latest app is v4.1.17. If it doesn't help, please try to change the connecting cable, and see if you can control the gimbal by the RC.
Let me know if the issue persists, a screenshot of the app is highly appreciated.
2017-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Please ensure that your drone and RC unit is connected before you plug in the cable to the phone.

Iphones will not recognises the RC if the cable is connected when powering up the RC unit.

2017-11-15
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 20:24
Please confirm if the app and your mobile device OS are up to date. It is said the connecting issue is resolved and users' feedbacks are positive. The latest app is v4.1.17. If it doesn't help, please try to change the connecting cable, and see if you can control the gimbal by the RC.
Let me know if the issue persists, a screenshot of the app is highly appreciated.

I have uploaded a picture. As you can see the main issue is that the app says 'disconnected'
I am using the latest version of the iOS app (4.1.17), the latest version of iOS (11.1.1) and the latest version of the firmware on the Mavic.

I have also powered on my Mavic and RC first and once those are up and running and connected, I have plugged in the lightning cable in the iPhone 8 Plus. I've also tried different cables. I use the bottom USB port of the RC.

Using a workaround, I have just downloaded 2 earlier versions of the DJI GO 4 app (.14 and .16) onto my iPhone 8+. Unfortunately both versions have the same problem, they also don't connect.

I also use Litchi and also this app won't connect to the drone.

As indicated above, I also have an iPad (Air 2, running 11.0.2) and this iPad has no problem. The moment I plug in the cable, the flight bar turns blue and I am able to connect to the drone.

Before the iPhone 8 plus I was using an iPhone 6, latest software version 11.0.2). This phone was connecting to the drone, but only after powering up drone, RC and starting the app. Once the cable was plugged in, the connection would be made.

Hope this helps and wish DJI can fix this issue asap. I am off on holiday next week and now the only thing I can do is bring my bulky iPad so I can still fly .....
2017-11-16
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

htenbos Posted at 2017-11-16 19:25
[view_image]

I have uploaded a picture. As you can see the main issue is that the app says 'disconnected'

Also just completed another test by downgrading the Mavic Firmware to the prior release. Unfortunately same result: no connection.

My wife is running an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3. After installing the DJI Go App on her device, I can connect to the Mavic without any problem.
2017-11-16
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I saw that Apple released a minor bug fix release earlier today: iOS 11.1.3. After upgrading and rebooting the device the DJI Go app is able to connect to Teh Mavic again !!
I have not been able to fly it yet but will try to do this tomorrow.
2017-11-17
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Apologies, the version number in the above reply should be 11.1.2.

I had issues with 11.1.1 and it looks like connectivity is restored with the iOS 11.1.2 release.
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

htenbos Posted at 2017-11-17 03:06
I saw that Apple released a minor bug fix release earlier today: iOS 11.1.3. After upgrading and rebooting the device the DJI Go app is able to connect to Teh Mavic again !!
I have not been able to fly it yet but will try to do this tomorrow.

Thank you for your feedback, it gives me a hint for those who have this issue. Thank you.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans6cfac815
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the iPhone 8+ and it came with the latest  ios 11.1.2. I am having the exact problem as "htenbos" stated above. Works with my Ipad with ios 11.1.2 but not the iPhone.
I checked my Settings - General - About -C2.     Manufacturer = DJI    Model Number= GL200A  Serial Number = b8874140   Firmware Version = v0.0.0.0   Hardware Version  v1.0.0.0.

Hope this helps.  Thank you for your time.      
2017-11-26
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

I have 11.1.2 iPhone 8 plus and cannot connect with the DJI Go4 App. I just upgraded my Mavic and RC to the latest firmware using the assistant app. I actually bought the plus model specifically for my Mavic. Really sucks that it's not working
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules