Assistant 2 Simulator
13098 15 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Very new to this so probably being dim but I can't work out how to use the Assistant 2 Simulator with my Mavic Pro.

I connected the Mavic to my PC and calibrated with no problem and can get the simulator running but can't work out how to take control of the stubbornly lifeless drone in the sim.

Presumably i use the controller and my phone but do I need to start the DJI Go 4 app simulator on my phone at the same time or is there a way to link the controller to Assistant 2?

i've googled this endlessly but seem to be the only person too stupid to get this working.  

I've had the app Acadamy Simulator working but found it a bit annoying because ny Samsung note 4 insists on display the simulator upside down

Many thanks for any help
2017-11-14
Use props
djiuser_we1zQlK
lvl.1
Finland

connect your mavic to your computer and have the drone and controler on then just used the controler to move the drone no need for phone i think
2017-11-14
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I had the same issue when I first tried the simulator. I was actually concerned that the aircraft was going to be difficult to fly because of the simulator.

I gave up and just took the aircraft out for it's first (and subsequent) flights.

Don't think I'll be going back to try the simulator...
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You don't need to start the simulator on the DJI GO 4 app when you use it on DJI Assistant 2. Please connect your drone to the PC, power on the RC, go to the simulator, then it will work.
2017-11-14
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 20:05
You don't need to start the simulator on the DJI GO 4 app when you use it on DJI Assistant 2. Please connect your drone to the PC, power on the RC, go to the simulator, then it will work.

Thanks for the replies.

Thor, that is where I started but the controller had no effect on the simulator - which is why I assumed I was doing something wrong

Thanks again
2017-11-15
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Confuso Posted at 2017-11-15 00:19
Thanks for the replies.

Thor, that is where I started but the controller had no effect on the simulator - which is why I assumed I was doing something wrong

I took Cycle Paradise's advice and just went out and flew it.  All went well until the Mavic disconnected from the controller when it was about 8ft off the ground and about 6ft away from me.  Could actually have grabbed it but fortunately i had set  RTH  and it soared 20ft in the air and landed back on the patio.

However I have now completely lost confidence in it. I'm baffled how I could lose control with no warning a few feet away.

Worse, I didn't have the SD card in so does this mean no flight logs or is there some on board storage?

Once again grateful for any help

Regards

Barry
2017-11-15
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Confuso Posted at 2017-11-15 08:38
I took Cycle Paradise's advice and just went out and flew it.  All went well until the Mavic disconnected from the controller when it was about 8ft off the ground and about 6ft away from me.  Could actually have grabbed it but fortunately i had set  RTH  and it soared 20ft in the air and landed back on the patio.

However I have now completely lost confidence in it. I'm baffled how I could lose control with no warning a few feet away.

You should have log file in your  device and it's also an on board log.
For your device log use this link Log Viewer
2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

As Confuso mentioned, the logs are stored on the aircraft so not having an SD card won't affect the logs.

Luckily the aircraft executed the RTH feature and landed safely. I wonder if you need to reconnect/sync the controller and the aircraft.
2017-11-15
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately I can't find any txt files on my phone.  I have used the app to replay the flight on the map but it seems to skip form just before the point where I lost control to the start of the ascent for RTH.  i managed to get some .dat files off the drone but not sure how to view them.  Tried to use the viewer on Assistant 2 but they appeared to hold no data.

This is so much bloody harder that i had hoped

Also not sure what is meant by reconnect/sync the aircraft.  I assumed I was doing that each time I switched on the aircraft and the controller.  Is there another way to sync the two?

2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Confuso Posted at 2017-11-15 13:54
Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately I can't find any txt files on my phone.  I have used the app to replay the flight on the map but it seems to skip form just before the point where I lost control to the start of the ascent for RTH.  i managed to get some .dat files off the drone but not sure how to view them.  Tried to use the viewer on Assistant 2 but they appeared to hold no data.

This is so much bloody harder that i had hoped

This is what I meant by syncing the controller to the aircraft:

2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

It seems like the drone initiated failsafe RTH.
For the control distance, it sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. And for the simulator, please make sure that DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version.

P4P_Controller_EN.gif

2017-11-16
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies on this everyone.  Flew the Mavic for an hour or so today in the park without incident.  I guess I have at least experienced a Failsafe RTH early in the learning process so won't panic quite so much next time it happens and it will definitely focus my attention on setting the RTH height correctly
2017-11-16
Use props
fans20e22066
New
Norway

Feel much the same as you, Confuso - very difficult to find the inns and outs of how to run sumulator.

1  Problems finding how to download Assistant 2:  I clicked for downloading to iPad - but it does not work on either iPone or iPad. These must be downloaded from Appstore!  And as I do not hav Mac, i dowloaded to my WIN computer (EXE file)

2 Ok, got something up on my computer screen.  Then follow advice: connect to aircraft.  Took me some time to figure out to connect by using the USB cable.  Hurrah, connected !

3  input of GPS Coordinates of where you actually are.

4 Calibrate:  Very difficult to understand what to do  -  would appreciate some more informative instructions.

5 Gone through calibration - got 100% calibrated and instruction to close down craft.  When starting craft up again  .........  starts calibration over again. After 3 repeats :  

6: Gave up.

It would be very helpful in someone who knows how this works to make a good instructive Video !!

Thanks.
2017-11-17
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-16 00:18
It seems like the drone initiated failsafe RTH.
For the control distance, it sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance.And for the simulator, please make sure that DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version.

Woah!! That's great information and a great graphic!
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Confuso Posted at 2017-11-16 10:05
Thanks for the replies on this everyone.  Flew the Mavic for an hour or so today in the park without incident.  I guess I have at least experienced a Failsafe RTH early in the learning process so won't panic quite so much next time it happens and it will definitely focus my attention on setting the RTH height correctly

Practice makes perfect, be brave and be careful when flying, you can learn a lot of things from the practical flights.
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_a0HtQXyXvsFa
lvl.1
United States

I had this same problem. You do have to plug the usb cable to your drone first, take the propellers off! Turn on your drone, then turn on your controller. I pressed the back button on the drone once until I heard 1 beep, then let go. Then on your controller, hit the FNC button. If you see green lights on your drone you should be connected. Then go to start simulator (hopefully you see the new screen with a drone) then like some have said, do the downward on the sticks and towards the middle should start the motors. If you see that on the screen you are indeed connected and ready to fly
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules