Firmware update screwed up everything!!!
2057 10 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuga5000
New
United States

I have an Osmo Mobile and using the Iphone 7 plus.  I have not used the Osmo in a few months and according to my app needed to update the firmware.  So, while doing this, for some reason in the middle of the update I received a message that the firmware didn't update.  Now, my phone will not connect to the Osmo and the Osmo itself does not work at all.  When I turn the Osmo on...there is one quick green flash on the left hand side and a totally solid red light on the right hand side.  I'm using clean, Osmo batteries.  I'm getting ready to film something for my business and am on a tight deadline.  NOT HAPPY!!!

Somebody please provide me a solution.

Greg
2017-11-14
Use props
ryanoshea
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. You can correct the solid red light by holding the trigger and pressing the shutter button 3 times. However, the device won't connect via bluetooth to my phone anymore, after the failed firmware update. The issue has persisted after manually upgrading the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Greg, the firmware may be failed to update, please connect Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2 to update again.
2017-11-14
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ive had many Bluetooth issues recently as well as others.    What used to be a good device has ended up being very unreliable.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-11-16 20:01
Ive had many Bluetooth issues recently as well as others.    What used to be a good device has ended up being very unreliable.

May I know our mobile device cannot detect Osmo Mobile Bluetooth or the Bluetooth disconnects frequently?
2017-11-17
Use props
AshK
New
Australia

I just bought this unit today and the mobile phone update failed. However, managed to successfully upgrade using the desktop application. But now a new issue. The phone (iPhone 7) connects to devices and pan tlit functions work but the record/snapshot/trigger buttons are not responding. Bluetooth connections keep dropping as well.
2017-11-17
Use props
wandrewt
New
United States

I have a similar problem. I purchased the Osmo Mobile (certified refurbished from DJI on Amazon) for my iPhone 7. I downloaded the app, charged the Osmo to full capacity and began the process to connect them. However, even though I had a solid green light on the Osmo Mobile, my phone's DJI Go app would say "Cannot find OSMO Mobile. Ensure the OSMO Mobile is available." So I started looking around the internet for fixes for this. Someone suggested downloading the DJI Assistant 2 desktop application. I did so and connected the OSMO Mobile using the provided cable. I then ensured that the device was on, which it was, and clicked "refresh" on the app. It immediately said that the update failed and the LED on the OSMO turned a solid red. I tried switching USB ports on the computer and tried again. This time, I was relieved to see the progress bar. The LED was flashing green and red during this time. However, at 77% it stopped and said the device had been disconnected briefly and then moved up to 86% before the screen came back up again saying that the device had been disconnected and to adjust the USB cable or something along those lines. I then tried for ~30 minutes to retry the update with different USB ports only for the same thing to happen. I even tried downloading the Assistant 2 program on my macbook and it did the exact same thing. It would stop at 77% and flash to the same screen, proceed briefly to 86% and then stop completely. I tried to search for information, but no one else seemed to have this exact issue. I tried holding down the trigger and pressing the snapshot button 3 times and all that seemed to do was make a blue and red LED start flashing. After I turned the device off and back on, the solid red LED came back. I still cannot connect to my iPhone 7 or my newer Pixel 2 XL. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I could try that I have not yet done?
Thanks
2017-11-17
Use props
wandrewt
New
United States

wandrewt Posted at 2017-11-17 18:18
I have a similar problem. I purchased the Osmo Mobile (certified refurbished from DJI on Amazon) for my iPhone 7. I downloaded the app, charged the Osmo to full capacity and began the process to connect them. However, even though I had a solid green light on the Osmo Mobile, my phone's DJI Go app would say "Cannot find OSMO Mobile. Ensure the OSMO Mobile is available." So I started looking around the internet for fixes for this. Someone suggested downloading the DJI Assistant 2 desktop application. I did so and connected the OSMO Mobile using the provided cable. I then ensured that the device was on, which it was, and clicked "refresh" on the app. It immediately said that the update failed and the LED on the OSMO turned a solid red. I tried switching USB ports on the computer and tried again. This time, I was relieved to see the progress bar. The LED was flashing green and red during this time. However, at 77% it stopped and said the device had been disconnected briefly and then moved up to 86% before the screen came back up again saying that the device had been disconnected and to adjust the USB cable or something along those lines. I then tried for ~30 minutes to retry the update with different USB ports only for the same thing to happen. I even tried downloading the Assistant 2 program on my macbook and it did the exact same thing. It would stop at 77% and flash to the same screen, proceed briefly to 86% and then stop completely. I tried to search for information, but no one else seemed to have this exact issue. I tried holding down the trigger and pressing the snapshot button 3 times and all that seemed to do was make a blue and red LED start flashing. After I turned the device off and back on, the solid red LED came back. I still cannot connect to my iPhone 7 or my newer Pixel 2 XL. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I could try that I have not yet done?
Thanks

UPDATE: I was finally able to connect my iPhone 7 by removing its case. Might have been a sensor issue? Still, the OSMO will not update and has the solid red LED light. The motors still are not moving in the OSMO either. None of the OSMO's buttons function, but my phone shows that it is connected.
2017-11-17
Use props
gintoxin
New
Flight distance : 230433 ft
Switzerland

Same here... Updated the device and got a red solid LED. Updated over the Assistant and the red light disapered but all bluetooth functions like record buttons are not working anymore. Crap!
2017-11-19
Use props
fans1e15d232
New
Italy

Very exact situation here (Iphone 7 on latest iOs 11 and Osmo Mobile just updated with Assistant due to previous firmware update failure). Bluetooth functions (record buttons, active track etc)  do not work anymore. Before updating, some months ago with iOS 10 and previous firmaware, was working properly. Even removing the phone from the case does not help much. Any help from DJI please?
2017-11-27
Use props
Worapoj
lvl.1
Thailand

fans1e15d232 Posted at 2017-11-27 01:08
Very exact situation here (Iphone 7 on latest iOs 11 and Osmo Mobile just updated with Assistant due to previous firmware update failure). Bluetooth functions (record buttons, active track etc)  do not work anymore. Before updating, some months ago with iOS 10 and previous firmaware, was working properly. Even removing the phone from the case does not help much. Any help from DJI please?

Hello!
My osmo mobile was successfully updated the firmware via my vivo v5 mobile bluetooth at the fourth retry, Hope this info could help
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules