Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Hope this is right place to post this.?

Very new to drones, 5 small but enjoyable flights, rain and wind at present.
I'm focussing on pilot/flying skills... I have never done any video editing.

I would just like to get some standard video from Mavic at present.
Can anybody recommend some basic setting that will give reasonable video to show on PC/TV screen.

I will look at editing options once I have mastered the Mavic a little better.

Thanks...
2017-11-14
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

I can summarize by saying start at getting your settings at ISO100 - shutter speed 2x your recording frame rate (e.g. 30fps = 1/60 shutter, use ND filters to achieve this) - set your profile to cine / style sharpness +1, make sure you tap the screen to autofocus and start in tripod mode after launch, a good beginning start Good luck and happy flying!
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the video settings, I tend to think it is the personal preference, and sometimes relate to the environment. Maybe there are some skilled pilots will share their experience on it.
For me myself, except for settings, I think a very important thing is about the stability and smoothness.
Practice more, I believe you will find the best settings and control in your mind.
2017-11-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You are going to get a few different opinions but I would suggest that, as a new user, you just start with something easy and set the camera to Auto and the focus to AFC which is a continuous autofocus. Then you can concentrate on flying while you video. Turn on the Peak Focus Threshold and set it to Normal. This will put some red lines on areas in the picture to show you what is in focus. Also turn on the Over Exposure Warning as this will put some zebra lines in the sky or other areas that are over exposed. You can use this to video from a different angle to get better lighting. If you have room on your phone/tablet screen, also turn on the Histogram as this can help with getting the best picture.
The resolution you shoot in will depend on what your TV can handle. If it will only support 1920x1080p then shoot in that setting. That way you can just take the sd card out of the Mavic and connect it to your TV via a card reader. Don't forget to set the file type to MP4 and also probably PAL for your area with anti flicker rate of 50Hz.
If you do shoot in 1920x1080p then you can use a frame rate of 50. This will help you get smoother footage initially until you learn to pan slowly and smoothly.
If your TV supports 4K then you can choose to film in 2.7 or 4K.
2017-11-14
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

Many Thanks to all for your comments .... All noted
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules