Bad Signal issues with latest firmware
702 7 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

Hello I did the firmware back when it was released back in June and my drone is suffering from bad signal since. It's very annoying and unreliable. Some times it even starts to glitch when It's 10m away from the controller.

Before the update I could go (in urban enviroments) up to 2-3km in distance without any problem except the occasional glitch in video feed here and there, now with the latest fw anything over 700m will eventually lead to signal loss and RTH in urban enviroments. Some times, in open areas, it works just fine, but I want me urban enviroment range back!

Q: Did I ever crash my drone or droped my controller ?
A: No.

Q: Have I contacted DJI support?
A: Yes,  multiple times, 1st time they told me to send it back, the second time told me it's a known issue the devs are working on it or send it back.

Q: Did I refresh the fw ?
A: Yes, twice.

In the attached image is an example were the drone was 500m away and lost signal over a lake without any obstacle and RTH kicked in ruining my perfect shot following some jet skis for a client.
21297408_10155223618218096_1954726841_o.jpg
This is unacceptable, in groups and forums there are a lot of people that have said problem. Can you offer me any solution ? Is there any fix in the horizon coming ?

Thanks in advance.

2017-11-14
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I have noticed that myself, Its been very annoying I hope they fix it very soon, I try not to think much about it just fly to the best of my ability.
2017-11-14
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

I have complain about this numerous times, with no real answers.. I get,, did you switch from 2.7 to 5.7.. did you reinstall firmware...  did you do this, did you do that, try this , try that,, it is crap, DJI fix our issues please !!!!!!! we have enough people on here to start a real law suit, is that what you want? because this will bite you in the dariar eventually..
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the controller been updated as well? Please kindly offer the screenshot of About page for assistance.
2017-11-14
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Why the Controller detected as Unknown device ?
2017-11-14
Use props
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-14 19:09
Just to verify, has the controller been updated as well? Please kindly offer the screenshot of About page for assistance.

Hello Susan, yes, everything was upgraded (and still is) as it should, both AC, RC & APP always run the latest versions I have tried every possible settings combination to improve my signal except modding the remote controller itself with a range extender which will be my last resort.

What ever you are going to ask me, I have done it, changed bands, re positioned my rc antennas, all possible troubleshooting, I have done it.

The issue is that the latest FW dropped the antenna db's a lot, and can't be fixed by a refresh, or reset or sending it back except a new fw that brings back the original range.
2017-11-15
Use props
rolsch_p4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46834 ft
Germany

Hmm,
on the coast are often radio relays beams with high output.
- straight the coast and up to the hills..
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

telas Posted at 2017-11-15 02:27
Hello Susan, yes, everything was upgraded (and still is) as it should, both AC, RC & APP always run the latest versions I have tried every possible settings combination to improve my signal except modding the remote controller itself with a range extender which will be my last resort.

What ever you are going to ask me, I have done it, changed bands, re positioned my rc antennas, all possible troubleshooting, I have done it.

Noted with thanks! Please refer my previous reply and offer the screenshot of About page, it will be helpful for the engineers to locate the exact issue, thanks for your time.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules