Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Meteorite briefly affect flight settings?
1038 6 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flychicken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176857 ft
United States

Due to a busted toggle switch I was night flying with the flight mode settings disabled. The exact moment it came into view attimode kicked in for the duration of the event.. anyone else experience anomalies from from the presence of anything similar?
   Direct energy weapon, UFO, planet nimrod or nibiru? Lol.HAARP? Shooting star.... Could it have been a sattilite burning up?
   Seriously anything you witness simultaneously without the use of mushrooms.
2017-11-14
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Meteors do affect GPS reception, as well as most other radio frequencies.  Astronomers count meteor numbers during meteor showers using reflected radio waves.

The Leonid meteor shower is at its best on the mornings of November 17 and 18, you probably saw an early one.
2017-11-15
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I had visions of you capturing it on video.
2017-11-15
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magnetic and Electrical interference. Would have been a very good capture.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I agreed with Corey. Magnetic interference will affect the compass and your drone can not fly normally with the error.
2017-11-18
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Exactly and that's why the drone switched to atti mode - strong magnetic interference
2017-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nonsense.
The Phantom would have to be only a few feet away from a substantial iron meteorite for it to have any impact on the compass.
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules