Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Wireless Mic Setup
2245 7 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there everyone.

Need some advice. I have a real estate auction shoot coming up. So I need the ability to have my "RODE Videomic pro" fixed to a transmitter on a tripod in front of the auctioneer to capture the audio of his presentation, and it comes back to my roaming OSMO Pro?

I did an auction recently and had the Mic connected to my DSLR on a tripod in front of the auctioneer while I roamed with my OSMO. The problem then I had the tedious task of manually syncing the audio with my OSMO footage at certain points in "Adobe Premiere". Not that much fun.

Any ideas for a setup like this?

Cheers
2017-11-14
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I guess what you could do is record the auctioneer separately and then edit it in post to add it into your footage?

- not a professional filmmaker -
- no experience in video editing whatsoever -
2017-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anything with a 3.5mm jack plug on the receiver should work.
The only transmitters I know have XLR plugs (for my band), but they probably are  available with 3.5mm plugs as well.
2017-11-15
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

cat824 Posted at 2017-11-15 10:44
I guess what you could do is record the auctioneer separately and then edit it in post to add it into your footage?

- not a professional filmmaker -

Yeh mate, did that last time and worked fine, just a little tedious in post. I think ill do some research today on transmitters.

Cheers
2017-11-15
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-15 12:43
Anything with a 3.5mm jack plug on the receiver should work.
The only transmitters I know have XLR plugs (for my band), but they probably are  available with 3.5mm plugs as well.

Thanks Bud, Any recommendation for Brands to start with? Wouldnt know where to start as far as decent value for money brands. Then ill dive into some different options.

Cheers for the help
2017-11-15
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there all,

I can across the "RodeLink Wireless Filmmaker Kit" . It seems pretty good and easy. Bit more than I wanted to spend, however seemingly is the norm. Anybody with any experience with this and an Osmo?

Cheers
2017-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

May Media Posted at 2017-11-15 15:32
Thanks Bud, Any recommendation for Brands to start with? Wouldnt know where to start as far as decent value for money brands. Then ill dive into some different options.

Cheers for the help

We only use Shure at the band. But they are not cheap.
Sometimes Sennheiser when others take care of the PA etc.
2017-11-16
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there,
I ended up renting the rodelink wireless filmaker kit for the day and it worked great. The Auctioneer wore the Lapel Mic. I did some pre-testing and found having the transmitter set at 0 DB and the receiver at -10 DB gave the right results (keep in mind the auctioneer speaks very loudly, out to a group of people. For a VLOG or someone was more softly spoken, your own testing would be advisable). I am an idiot and it was extremely easy to set up, and freed me up to roam about throughout the auction call and get shots of the crowd and auctioneer/agent. Post has been a lot easier as virtually no mucking around with the audio.

Cheers
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules