Ready to Go(vision)
15381 10 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alby Drone
New
Australia

Hi! I am having so much trouble, after flying very happily for a few months, I now do not get a GPS signal at all and can only fly in Ready to Go(Vision).
when I do this it wont let me fly very far at all.
I have the latest update.

I'm sure I'm doing something very simple and have searched through the forum but cant seem to work it out.

Please Help,

Thanks

2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Since you have weak GPS signal, your drone is under limitation of flight distance. What is the message from your app? Did you attach sticker on your drone? It will make the GPS signal weaker. Please fly in the open area with good signal.
2017-11-15
Use props
Alby Drone
New
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 01:11
Since you have weak GPS signal, your drone is under limitation of flight distance. What is the message from your app? Did you attach sticker on your drone? It will make the GPS signal weaker. Please fly in the open area with good signal.

Thankyou.
I am in an open area and I haven't put any stickers on my drone.
There is no message, I haven't got weak GPS, I haven't got any GPS,

Thanks again,
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alby Drone Posted at 2017-11-15 01:52
Thankyou.

How many satellites when you meet this? Could you post the screenshot for better assistance?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Alby Drone Posted at 2017-11-15 01:52
Thankyou.

Did you crash your drone? When did it happen? It is abnormal that your drone has no GPS signal if it is not caused by environment.
2017-11-15
Use props
Alby Drone
New
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 02:53
Did you crash your drone? When did it happen? It is abnormal that your drone has no GPS signal if it is not caused by environment.

Hi, I haven't crashed my drone. Is there a way to turn GPS on and off?
Thanks again.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Alby Drone Posted at 2017-11-15 03:37
Hi, I haven't crashed my drone. Is there a way to turn GPS on and off?
Thanks again.

If you fly in ATTI mode, the GPS signal is weak. Please follow Susan's advice and provide us the screenshot of your app. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-16
Use props
fans2c2e9334
New
Flight distance : 10456 ft
Maldives

I have the same issue with my Mavic. No satellites connected.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_NQ8zLXEwPQkP
New
Flight distance : 308 ft

India

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-15 02:50
How many satellites when you meet this? Could you post the screenshot for better assistance?
Hi all, I have an issue regarding my Mavic Air. It shows Ready to go Vision and the colour is Orange and not green. This has happened after i crashed the last time. The aircraft stats up but doesn't take off with the caption as ready to go Vision. What should i do?
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_XhNALOxUxgF5
New

Costa Rica

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 01:11
Since you have weak GPS signal, your drone is under limitation of flight distance. What is the message from your app? Did you attach sticker on your drone? It will make the GPS signal weaker. Please fly in the open area with good signal.

Hi DJI Elektra,

I recently had the same Ready to Go (Vision) twice, due to being down inside waterfall jungle depressions. In both ocasions, DJI Mavic PRO 2 wouldn't fly above  6, 7 meters. It would just get stuck on that height.

Is there a way of assuming this "Vision" and controlling it with your sight only ??

Should it be done or would it most likely cause the Drone to crash ?

If not, how can one go around the 6, 7 meters heigh limitation to be able to fly the drone in a free mode ??

Thanks in advance

Marco
2020-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_XhNALOxUxgF5 Posted at 12-15 21:40
Hi DJI Elektra,

I recently had the same Ready to Go (Vision) twice, due to being down inside waterfall jungle depressions. In both ocasions, DJI Mavic PRO 2 wouldn't fly above  6, 7 meters. It would just get stuck on that height.

This is because that's the way your drone is programmed to work.
It's explained on p57 of the manual:
  • Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
  • Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated.

how can one go around the 6, 7 meters heigh limitation to be able to fly the drone in a free mode ??
Deactivate the VPS sensors and you will be able to climb 30 metres higher than the launch point.
BUT .. if you don't have GPS because the drone's skyview is blocked by your location, the drone will not have horizontal position holding ability.
Flying without GPS the drone will have no brakes and won't stop when you take your hands off the sticks.
That can be very risky if there are obstacles close to your drone.

2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules