Disconnected due to phone calls disrupting my device
1396 26 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423747 ft
Australia

Have u ever lost contact with the drone and could reinitiate? Well don’t rth won’t work. What causes it is when some twat keeps calling and calling and sending messages. And it just hoveres we’re you left it last.
Anyway I got control back to mine by running like a twat so I had no obstruction and you would think that would help right ? Wrong the only way I got it back was to turn the remote off and on. I had 8% battery left and just got it back
2017-11-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Your very lucky you got it back at 8% battery it should have auto landed if it were over water that would have been real bad.
I make it a habit of putting phone into flight mode when im flying my drone you may want to concider doing the same.
2017-11-15
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Use flight mode when you fly with a cellular telephone, at least this time it went well.
2017-11-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-15 04:15
Use flight mode when you fly with a cellular telephone, at least this time it went well.

Yes.  But couldn't the OP just fly it home with the sticks?  Is he saying the controller is completely disabled because of an incoming call?  That doesn't make sense to me.  
2017-11-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

The controller should have still had control over the drone unless somehow the persistant phone calls and messages caused the controller to lock up somehow loosing connection to the drone.
2017-11-15
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use "Airplane Mode"
2017-11-15
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-15 04:22
Yes.  But couldn't the OP just fly it home with the sticks?  Is he saying the controller is completely disabled because of an incoming call?  That doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, as Hellsgate says it should still be controllable. I have noted this and will do a test flight and give myself a ring. If you see a new thread “p4p crash on telephone test flight” , then thats probably me!
2017-11-15
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Yes as Hellsgate says the controller should indeed still have control. I have made a note to make a test flight, and get my ex to call me at the same time, she can force a crash with anything. If you see a new thread ”P4P crashes on telephone test flight, then its probably me.
2017-11-15
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I guess it's overkill, but I use an iPhone with the SIM card removed for my Spark.  No issues with incoming calls, texts, or other apps.
2017-11-15
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Well As promised I did a test flight and the ac remained under control all the time, naturally without camera. All controls responded as they should. I think your 8% was the critical factor. This means that Hellsgate beat me to the answer by a few seconds, and of course Mark The Droner.

WARNING

The test flight was however, extremely dangerous, and should not be repeated. Whilst answering the telephone (of course still mounted on the controller), I got the left joystick wedged in my right nostril, the extraction of such led to a considerable and rapid loss of height and a bloody handkerchief.
2017-11-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL @ Dockater, he's getting worse.
2017-11-15
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-15 11:06
LOL @ Dockater, he's getting worse.

Thank you kind sir.
2017-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

All though, I use an iPad Air2 Cellular, I only fly with my device in Airplane mode.

If you do get a call, don't answer it, let voice mail do its thing...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-15
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I was attacked before, shooting a monastery and my phone was unplugged by force from remote controller, the drone was in-flight and some minutes later I just pressed RTH button and drone landed back to home point without any problems .. I consider RTH work without device only with RC
2017-11-15
Use props
NGF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

What kind of person would actually call you when you're flying your drone? It really is beyond all comprehension, honestly, I ask ya.....
2017-11-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

NGF Posted at 2017-11-15 11:38
What kind of person would actually call you when you're flying your drone? It really is beyond all comprehension, honestly, I ask ya.....

Inconciderate buggers arent they lol
2017-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, being that every human being that ever walked the tiny rotating planet can readily read minds.

Kreskin has nothing on me... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-15 04:08
Your very lucky you got it back at 8% battery it should have auto landed if it were over water that would have been real bad.
I make it a habit of putting phone into flight mode when im flying my drone you may want to concider doing the same.

Agreed and now my iPad is no longer connected to any other devices, believe me I was in panic mode and feel lucky I got it back at all.
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

I had no connection with the device at all ,all the indicators via the app had no readings on them, perhaps if I could see it clearly I could have done as you suggest but it was getting late as I was shooting a sunset so light conditions weren’t great and getting binoculars may have worked but when you have had no contact for 5 min or so you don’t think of everything you might when your sitting reading my post: how ever I did attempt pushing the sticks this way and that but I could not see it or hear it so it may have gone further away:
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Try it ! The post is only to share a bad experience so u may avoid the same:
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Try it ! The post is only to share a bad experience so u may avoid the same:
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-15 04:36
The controller should have still had control over the drone unless somehow the persistant phone calls and messages caused the controller to lock up somehow loosing connection to the drone.

Yes u would have hoped; as it was it didn’t . I feel it amused my neighbours however as I’ve recently had a hip opp and I’m sure I looked pretty silly hobbling down to the beach to get a better signal!
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-15 06:09
Yes, as Hellsgate says it should still be controllable. I have noted this and will do a test flight and give myself a ring. If you see a new thread “p4p crash on telephone test flight” , then thats probably me!

Lol ok but remember this I kept hanging up then used the mobile that the calls were coming from to answer and say stop but she just got angry and started texting me; So really it was a woman that did it lol
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-15 11:27
I was attacked before, shooting a monastery and my phone was unplugged by force from remote controller, the drone was in-flight and some minutes later I just pressed RTH button and drone landed back to home point without any problems .. I consider RTH work without device only with RC

No sorry it wouldn’t connect for some reason I should have elaborated more on the post; I’m surprised anyone read it! Anyway there were multiple calls and text as she just wouldn’t bugger off! Women nasty things lol
2017-11-15
Use props
fans7e2ca1e3
lvl.1
Australia

NGF Posted at 2017-11-15 11:38

A woman I’m sure that explains everything :-))
2017-11-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you don't know what to do, just turn your controller off and watch your AC run home like a well-trained puppy.  
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We always recommend the users enable the airplane mode when they are flying a drone.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules