4526 34 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49 ft
Germany

Hi,

I had some issues with active track using Smartphone only mode with Wifi. Even to get a lock on me was nearly impossible even with perfect conditions: good contrast, close enough, sunny day.

Then  (on the same day, only a few minutes later) I put the same smartphone in the RC and switched the mavic to RC mode, tested active track (NOT Follow me!) again and surprise: it worked perfectly. Why is that?

Thanks Chris

2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with more details about the operation when you used Active Track in WiFi mode? What did the app say? Could you please provide me with the screen recording of the operating procedure? Would like to check.
2017-11-15
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 19:26
Could you please provide us with more details about the operation when you used Active Track in WiFi mode? What did the app say? Could you please provide me with the screen recording of the operating procedure? Would like to check.

Thanks for responding!
It was very hard to even get a lock, i.e. a rectangle with the ok/go button.

But when I got one usually this happened:
Just after a second (or even shorter) after hitting the Go/ok on the rectangle, it left the active track mode immediately without any message.
Tried this dozens of times and only once or twice I got it to active track me for some seconds, but then it lost me with a message "Subject lost...searching". So it was much, much more unstable than with active track using phone+rc. I do not mix up Follow me and Active track, I am only talking about active track mode here.

As I said, same time, same phone, same conditions with the phone in the RC it worked really good.

I have a Samsung S5, do you have a recommendation for a screen recording app, so I can send you the video?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2017-11-16 01:48
Thanks for responding!
It was very hard to even get a lock, i.e. a rectangle with the ok/go button.

So is it that the box disappears when after drawing it? Any app that can make a screen recording it alright, or it also works if you have someone to record the operating procedure. Looking forward to your feedback.  
2017-11-16
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-16 04:11
So is it that the box disappears when after drawing it? Any app that can make a screen recording it alright, or it also works if you have someone to record the operating procedure. Looking forward to your feedback.

Yes exactly, the box immediately disappears after drawing it with my fingers. There is no message on the screen at all. And it works very nicely when the same phone is attached to the RC and used for the same purpose (so it's not a phone or app version issue). I

Will use the recorder soon, hope we have good weather tomorrow to try it out and send the link it to you.
2017-11-16
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

Hi, here's the video. Both with external GoPro on my head and with screen recording afterwards. I start with RC+Phone then with Wifi only (2.4ghz). Same phone, same location, same conditions.

2017-11-17
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

longliveenduro Posted at 2017-11-17 11:01
Hi, here's the video. Both with external GoPro on my head and with screen recording afterwards. I start with RC+Phone then with Wifi only (2.4ghz). Same phone, same location, same conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg9yqn61vN0

Wifi only starts at 2:00..
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sorry for the late reply, could you please help to name the firmware version info of the drone? Will like to have our engineers to give it a check. You can check the version by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
2017-11-21
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

Hi. did you have a chance to look at my video? Cheers and thanks Chris
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2017-11-21 01:04
Hi. did you have a chance to look at my video? Cheers and thanks Chris

Had checked it, and will forward to our engineers to check, but firmware info is needed. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-21
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 01:31
Had checked it, and will forward to our engineers to check, but firmware info is needed. Thanks a lot.

Thanks, here are all Versionnumbers and Serial numbers
2017-11-22
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 01:31

Hi, just wanted to ask if you need any more info. Got a new firmware on Friday but as I read the Release notes I guess there are no changes in the area of ActiveTrack with Wifi. Just let me know if I can help you with more infos or sth. else.

Best regards, Chris
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2017-11-28 01:04
Hi, just wanted to ask if you need any more info. Got a new firmware on Friday but as I read the Release notes I guess there are no changes in the area of ActiveTrack with Wifi. Just let me know if I can help you with more infos or sth. else.

Best regards, Chris

Hi Chris, the case had forwarded to our engineers. I will get back to you once I hear something. Appreciate your waiting.
2017-11-28
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 03:42
Hi Chris, the case had forwarded to our engineers. I will get back to you once I hear something. Appreciate your waiting.

Hi,

Tested today again with current app version 4.1.18, Aircraft version 01.04.0200 and still have the same issue. Any updates on this? The Wifi mode would be very helpful for active tracking me on a MTB downhill ride. Thanks in advance, Chris!

Had to change the location of the video demonstrating the problem: Here is the new URL
2018-1-16
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 03:42
Hi Chris, the case had forwarded to our engineers. I will get back to you once I hear something. Appreciate your waiting.

Any updates here?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Terribly sorry for keeping you waiting, Chris, I had informed the engineers to escalate the process. Will help to provide an update soon.
2018-4-2
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-2 04:27
Terribly sorry for keeping you waiting, Chris, I had informed the engineers to escalate the process. Will help to provide an update soon.

Thanks, appreciate it!
2018-4-2
Use props
djiuser_LxRusUV3PxEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9101 ft
Italy

Hi,
I've exactly the same problem, Mavic Pro last firmware with Samsung S8+
2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_LxRusUV3PxEK
lvl.1
Italy

Any news ??
2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_LxRusUV3PxEK
lvl.1
Italy

same problem here
https://forum.dji.com/thread-88601-1-1.html

It is obvious that the problem it is generic, the active track algorithm is done by the app not from the drone, so the problem lies in the app, take it into charge and resolve it please, no  flight data and anything else you need.
thanks
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the delay. Please kindly try to update the app and firmware to the latest version v01.04.0300. If the issue persists, if it is convenient, would you mind providing me with the flight data? It is exported via the DJI Assistant 2, please upload to Dropbox and paste the link here. Appreciate it.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_LxRusUV3PxEK Posted at 2018-4-17 23:38
Hi,
I've exactly the same problem, Mavic Pro last firmware with Samsung S8+

Sorry for the late reply. You are running the drone with the latest firmware v01.04.0300 and latest app, right? Could you please kindly provide me with the flight data of this case and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings, About). We would like to have the engineers to check the details of the flight data. Appreciate your help.
2018-5-3
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 18:58
Sorry for the late reply. You are running the drone with the latest firmware v01.04.0300 and latest app, right? Could you please kindly provide me with the flight data of this case and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings, About). We would like to have the engineers to check the details of the flight data. Appreciate your help.

Hi. Sorry took some time. I now also have a Galaxy S9 as well the S5 and today I did the test again with both devices with the same drone, not changing anything except the phone.

I realised that it works perfectly with the S9, but still not with the S5. While assembling also the version screenshots I realised that I have a 4.1.x version on the S5 and a 4.2 version on the S9. I have Wifi connection on the S5 and automatic updates are activated, but never got any update hint. Also going to the app page in google play showed me no update. I had to deinstall the app and reinstall it. Unfortunately now it is too dark to try again. Will do tomorrow morning.

Anyways here are the requested infos so far:
S5-versioninfo-Screenshot_2018-05-14-20-03-52.jpg

S5-DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-14_[20-00-17].txt.zip

105.55 KB, Down times: 0

S5 Fail Flight Record

2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2018-5-14 11:07
Hi. Sorry took some time. I now also have a Galaxy S9 as well the S5 and today I did the test again with both devices with the same drone, not changing anything except the phone.

I realised that it works perfectly with the S9, but still not with the S5. While assembling also the version screenshots I realised that I have a 4.1.x version on the S5 and a 4.2 version on the S9. I have Wifi connection on the S5 and automatic updates are activated, but never got any update hint. Also going to the app page in google play showed me no update. I had to deinstall the app and reinstall it. Unfortunately now it is too dark to try again. Will do tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for your update, if the active track works normally when it was connected with the Galaxy S9, the drone is working normally.
So to my understanding, it might be the mobile device or the app issue.
Look forward to your flight test feedback.
2018-5-14
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-14 19:52
Thank you so much for your update, if the active track works normally when it was connected with the Galaxy S9, the drone is working normally.
So to my understanding, it might be the mobile device or the app issue.
Look forward to your flight test feedback.

Hi. Yesterday in very good sunny conditions on green grass I did the test again with the S5 and the most current app version 4.2.14. I now have the very same app version on the S5 and S9. The test on the S5 had the same issues as before:

- "Subject lost" very fast
- No subject tracking at all

The conditions (as far as I can tell) were pretty ideal. See the screenshoots. High contrast. Me standing on green grass on a sunny afternoon.

Then I was curious and re-did the test with the S9: This was now very confusing as I had the same problems as with the S5. The day before it was an overcast evening with (i would say) not so much contrast and it worked perfectly on the S9. I already sent you the flight record for this (14.5.2018). See above.

I attach the flight records of both the S5 and S9. As well as screenshots, so you get an idea of the conditions. Also a screenshot of both app version "About" pages on both phones.

Please tell me if you need more information or what else I should test. I am a software developer as well and I know how hard it can be to track down bugs, so I will happily help!

Thank you very much, Chris
AppVersion-S5.jpg
AppVersion-S9.jpg

Environmental conditions

Environmental conditions

activetrack-test-15.05.2018-S5-S9.zip

629.28 KB, Down times: 0

Flightlogs S5 and S9

2018-5-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont have this issue, my issue with wifi + activetrack on mavic pro is that wifi range gone to crap.  used to get that full 100M of connection on wifi smartphone method only.  now im luckily if it keeps a connection at 100 feet.     otherwise activetrack functions the same with or without the RC..
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2018-5-16 00:58
Hi. Yesterday in very good sunny conditions on green grass I did the test again with the S5 and the most current app version 4.2.14. I now have the very same app version on the S5 and S9. The test on the S5 had the same issues as before:

- "Subject lost" very fast

Chris, it is so kind of your continuing feedback on this issue. If it is convenient, could you please provide me with the flight data on the drone of the flight? It can be exported via DJI Assistant 2. It might be really helpful for the engineers to investigate. Please upload the data to Dropbox so I can download it. I appreciate your help.
2018-5-16
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-16 22:57
Chris, it is so kind of your continuing feedback on this issue. If it is convenient, could you please provide me with the flight data on the drone of the flight? It can be exported via DJI Assistant 2. It might be really helpful for the engineers to investigate. Please upload the data to Dropbox so I can download it. I appreciate your help.

Hi, ok managed to install DJI assistant 2 v1.2.4. Connected the drone with remote connected and checked flight data. There were several months old entries and then only entries with date of today. Whenever I turned the drone on today there was a new entry, but none for yesterday when I did the test. The next  non-today entry was long ago. Very confusing. I do understand that you cannot use the log files of the app I already posted to you but it seems the drone did not log anything yesterday and also for a couple of other days. Or does it accumulate flights into older dates ? As the month old files are pretty big. 300 MB. Please tell me what I could do to provide you with the data you need.

So this is one export for all records from today 17th. Seems to be only the turning on for the export procedure:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... ZVuh8sdVZXTSz0vDxDs

And this is the big file which is actually shown with an old date in DJI assistant:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... XOApttBo78bM4Kc5n7I

The confusing thing is that there is nothing in between the above records. Only some entries which are even older then the last big file. If it helps I could send a screenshot.

2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2018-5-17 10:41
Hi, ok managed to install DJI assistant 2 v1.2.4. Connected the drone with remote connected and checked flight data. There were several months old entries and then only entries with date of today. Whenever I turned the drone on today there was a new entry, but none for yesterday when I did the test. The next  non-today entry was long ago. Very confusing. I do understand that you cannot use the log files of the app I already posted to you but it seems the drone did not log anything yesterday and also for a couple of other days. Or does it accumulate flights into older dates ? As the month old files are pretty big. 300 MB. Please tell me what I could do to provide you with the data you need.

So this is one export for all records from today 17th. Seems to be only the turning on for the export procedure:

I trust you, mate. If there is no flight data of the flight test, it might not be helpful if the data is not the case. Basically, every time when the drone is powered on and running, flight data will be generated. I will forward your case to the engineers to have the data that we currently own. Thank you for your efforts again.
2018-5-17
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 22:23
I trust you, mate. If there is no flight data of the flight test, it might not be helpful if the data is not the case. Basically, every time when the drone is powered on and running, flight data will be generated. I will forward your case to the engineers to have the data that we currently own. Thank you for your efforts again.

I gave it another try today with my Galaxy S9 and DJI Go 4.2.16, latest firmware on the drone. Perfect sunny conditions in the evening with plenty of light and high contrast. Tried it from 2 different angles. Same problem with WIFI only.

Still my drone does not record flight data for this flights any more, I checked the DJI Assistant for Windows. It does only record flight data now if the USB cable is inserted, very weird.

But what I've found in the Assistant App is the blackbox export. It also stopped with failures at some time (tried several times of course) but I think a lot of data has been exported, so maybe this helps in analyzing the problem. The flight with WIFI and active track was on 28th May 2018. And was the only flight on that day.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... UZ/view?usp=sharing
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2018-5-28 13:02
I gave it another try today with my Galaxy S9 and DJI Go 4.2.16, latest firmware on the drone. Perfect sunny conditions in the evening with plenty of light and high contrast. Tried it from 2 different angles. Same problem with WIFI only.

Still my drone does not record flight data for this flights any more, I checked the DJI Assistant for Windows. It does only record flight data now if the USB cable is inserted, very weird.

Thank you for your information. I'd got news from the engineers.
As for the issue about the flight data generating, the engineers mentioned that it will be fixed in the next firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding the Active Track in WiFi mode, since the interference in WiFi mode might be strong, which causes the interruption of the tracking, besides, telecommunication base station, router and so might cause the interference, too. Only when using the Active Track (WiFi mode) in a very stable environment, the target will not be easy to lose. Thank you for your feedback.
2018-5-28
Use props
longliveenduro
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-28 23:15
Thank you for your information. I'd got news from the engineers.
As for the issue about the flight data generating, the engineers mentioned that it will be fixed in the next firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding the Active Track in WiFi mode, since the interference in WiFi mode might be strong, which causes the interruption of the tracking, besides, telecommunication base station, router and so might cause the interference, too. Only when using the Active Track (WiFi mode) in a very stable environment, the target will not be easy to lose. Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear that flight data recording will soon work. Did the tests in several environments up to now: yesterday on the country side, back in december in the city, two weeks ago in a big park. So the WIFI signal was pretty stable as I made the tests also having the drone only a few meters away. But I am keen on doing more tests in different places. If data recording will work again I think the engineers have something to analyze.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

longliveenduro Posted at 2018-5-28 23:36
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear that flight data recording will soon work. Did the tests in several environments up to now: yesterday on the country side, back in december in the city, two weeks ago in a big park. So the WIFI signal was pretty stable as I made the tests also having the drone only a few meters away. But I am keen on doing more tests in different places. If data recording will work again I think the engineers have something to analyze.

We really appreciate it. The engineers will also keep the attention on this case. Thank you for your efforts, Chirs.
2018-5-29
Use props
djiuser_LxRusUV3PxEK
lvl.1
Italy

any news ? thanks
2018-7-5
Use props
fans67d2121a
New
Flight distance : 49413 ft
Sweden

Any news on this issue?
One of the big reasons for buying a Mavic Pro was to be able to use active track with only the phone to film myself.
For me it doesn’t work at all. It looses track immediately. Even if I am just 5 meters away with good wifi signal. I have tried both using a Samsung Android phone and an Ipad.
With the Ipad the virtual joystick also disappeared when active track failed. I could only land it with the RTH button.
I can’t understand how you can release a product with so many bugs in the advertised functions.
I will make a claim for a return and refund where I bought it if the problems aren’t solved in near future.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules