Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Dronie mode without raising attitude
2469 18 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KokPing
New
Singapore

Hi, i'm having some issues about dronie mode
my drone only flight backward with dronie mode
i try serveral time and still the same
anyone have the same issues with me?
2017-11-15
Use props
Boston_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2854 ft
New Zealand

The purpose of Dronie Mode is to bring your mavic close to you then have fly backwards and up to show where you are in the world.
2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

What are you expecting the Dronie mode to do that it isn't doing?
2017-11-15
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Colombia

I had the same with mine. Flew back level not climbing, then the app froze! Tried hitting stop but it hit a low tree before I could get the controller to override the autopilot. Luckily only minor damage....
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please upload a video sample for me to check? Thanks in advance.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2017-11-15 16:22
I had the same with mine. Flew back level not climbing, then the app froze! Tried hitting stop but it hit a low tree before I could get the controller to override the autopilot. Luckily only minor damage....

Sorry to hear about the case. How about the drone's performance? If the drone is hurt by the damage, you can send the drone back to us, we will help to arrange an overall check. For the app frozen, you might need to start the app if it happens.
2017-11-15
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor,

Thank you.  I have uploaded my video to dropbox (4K so quite a large file) see here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oq4j ... V30tEsby-rXqYa?dl=0

I am new to the Mavic so my reactions were not as quick as a more experienced operator may have been.  I fixated on the stop button in the app rather than just trying to override the app with the controller (you can see me on the left of the video trying to stop it) - good learning point for me there!

Luckily it did not fall too far and landed on soft grass which broke the fall.  The only damage was one broken propeller and the front left arm hinge pin - the top sheared off where the clip holds down the spring pressure:-  see photo

I have made a temporary repair until I can get a new hinge pin.  I am presently travelling through the Americas (see www.tuckstruck.net) so sending in the drone is not really an option.  I have a spare propeller but I would really like a new hinge pin.  Is there anyway I could get a new hinge pin posted to me here in Colombia (collect from DHL office etc) or do you have a dealer in Medellin where I could get one?

Thanks for your help,

Marcus
2017-11-16
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

Made a new hinge pin from a bolt. Works well and should last me until I can get a proper replacement.
IMG_20171117_075453.jpg
2017-11-18
Use props
KokPing
New
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 19:21
Sorry to hear about the case. How about the drone's performance? If the drone is hurt by the damage, you can send the drone back to us, we will help to arrange an overall check. For the app frozen, you might need to start the app if it happens.

Dear Thor,

Since Marcus already sent you a video,
i think i no need resend my video for you
i am having the same problem with marcus, but i'm lucky enough without any crash
izit any solution to solve this dronie mode problem without raising attitude

Thanks
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KokPing Posted at 2017-11-20 20:55
Dear Thor,

Since Marcus already sent you a video,

Will forward Marcus video to our engineers to confirm. Appreciate your patience. Since the new firmware was released, could you please try this version? Note that try to fly the Dronie mode in a wide broad place without obstacles. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2017-11-16 06:04
DJI Thor,

Thank you.  I have uploaded my video to dropbox (4K so quite a large file) see here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oq4jbaklk0bk0d/AAC2iIPj1_XV30tEsby-rXqYa?dl=0

I am sorry for missing the message and the crash, Marcus, please accept my sincere apology. Since we don't recommend the user repairing the drone by themselves, we suggest sending it in for repair, and you can choose a recommended repair center, they will help. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
BTW, if you still have the data of this accident, please help to export it out so we can have a further check on it. Appreciate it.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-11-28
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 03:37
I am sorry for missing the message and the crash, Marcus, please accept my sincere apology. Since we don't recommend the user repairing the drone by themselves, we suggest sending it in for repair, and you can choose a recommended repair center, they will help. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
BTW, if you still have the data of this accident, please help to export it out so we can have a further check on it. Appreciate it.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hi DJI Thor,

I have just tried to download the flight data but it is missing for that flight.  However, I did have the Mavic recording the flight perimeters for each frame of the video if that is any help.  I have uploaded the .SRT file here for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9iyawmi8bjsnja/DJI_0001.SRT?dl=0 hope it helps.

Marcus
2017-11-28
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 03:37
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hi DJI Thor,

The flight is in my 'Flight Record', first flight on 12/11/2017 and is synchronized with the cloud if you have access to it.  I have also just done a screen recording of the flight from within the GO4 app - it shows that the drone does not climb!  The video is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rg81nj6gsrl15c/Screen%20Video.mp4?dl=0

Regards,

Marcus
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2017-11-28 14:25
Hi DJI Thor,

The flight is in my 'Flight Record', first flight on 12/11/2017 and is synchronized with the cloud if you have access to it.  I have also just done a screen recording of the flight from within the GO4 app - it shows that the drone does not climb!  The video is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rg81nj6gsrl15c/Screen%20Video.mp4?dl=0

Marcus, I appreciate your work, SRT file and flight record will show the issue, might not be able to help to locate the issue, but it is still very important for us, will forward it to our engineers. And may I know the firmware of the drone? Thank you for your feedback again.
2017-12-1
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 06:01
Marcus, I appreciate your work, SRT file and flight record will show the issue, might not be able to help to locate the issue, but it is still very important for us, will forward it to our engineers. And may I know the firmware of the drone? Thank you for your feedback again.

Hi DJI Thor,

The firmware was 01.04.0000 I believe (It was the last version before 01.04.0100).

Marcus
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.1

United States

you can manually do dronies and such, however i do wish mavic also has gesture support for rocket and dronie as stuff, how hard could it be to implement that into the mavic.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2017-12-1 15:25
Hi DJI Thor,

The firmware was 01.04.0000 I believe (It was the last version before 01.04.0100).

Noted with thanks, will forward to our engineers to check the details.
2017-12-3
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.4
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-3 00:26
Noted with thanks, will forward to our engineers to check the details.

Hi DJI Thor,

I think I have found the issue.  I was under the impression that in this mode the drone would fly backwards and upwards from the start.  However, having moved to a more open area I was able to test the mode more thoroughly.  This mode flies backwards without climbing until the drone is 30 m away and then it starts the climb.  Obviously if you set a short fly out distance (less than 30m) you will not see a climb at all!

Was this the intended profile?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2017-12-3 16:26
Hi DJI Thor,

I think I have found the issue.  I was under the impression that in this mode the drone would fly backwards and upwards from the start.  However, having moved to a more open area I was able to test the mode more thoroughly.  This mode flies backwards without climbing until the drone is 30 m away and then it starts the climb.  Obviously if you set a short fly out distance (less than 30m) you will not see a climb at all!

This is true that the drone will not ascend at the very beginning. It will first fly backwards and then ascend at an angle. This was mentioned in the Dronie mode tutorial. So firstly, Dronie mode needs an open area to work properly.  
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules