DJI's latest creation, the Alpine Mavic ?
1271 15 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting....from the pics, looks kinda cool..in person well ..done know yet.  Thoughts?

2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

It's definitely cool looking!!

From what I understand it's based on the older Mavic without the newer motors and blades - although you can easily replace the blades. Also doesn't look like they have a fly-more combo for it yet.

My biggest concern would be losing site of it in the sky because the white blends in with the sky/clouds.
2017-11-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

If the background are trees this Mavic should be nicely visible.
But if the background are clouds, help, where's my Mavic...
2017-11-15
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-11-15 10:43
If the background are trees this Mavic should be nicely visible.
But if the background are clouds, help, where's my Mavic...

Yeah true would struggle to notice, find that the issue now when I fly the grey MP with grey fences behind it. Difficult to discern object distance.
2017-11-15
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wondering if it's smooth as the Phantom 4, because that would be cool.
2017-11-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-15 15:56
Yeah true would struggle to notice, find that the issue now when I fly the grey MP with grey fences behind it. Difficult to discern object distance.

Not good, never fly a grey Mavic with grey fences behind it!
2017-11-16
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-11-16 13:36
Not good, never fly a grey Mavic with grey fences behind it!

I've had a couple scares with those grey fences, but typically stay on at the highest point around the area that I fly.
2017-11-16
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-15 09:10
It's definitely cool looking!!

From what I understand it's based on the older Mavic without the newer motors and blades - although you can easily replace the blades. Also doesn't look like they have a fly-more combo for it yet.

The alpine white edition is a fly more combo itself (comes with 2 extra batteries). It kind of defeats the all-white looking if you put the platinum props on it though.
2017-11-16
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The white would be hard to see up in the sky, I am having a hard time spotting the MPP as it is
2017-11-16
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Slightly worried about those grey fences, I hope they don’t spread across here to the uk so I won’t be able to see my mavic. Does enabling geo-fencing make the aircraft more visible against them?
2017-11-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-16 15:04
I've had a couple scares with those grey fences, but typically stay on at the highest point around the area that I fly.

If it's only a problem of actually seeing your Mavic, quickly raising and lowering the Mavic will make it visible again.
2017-11-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-11-17 03:37
If it's only a problem of actually seeing your Mavic, quickly raising and lowering the Mavic will make it visible again.

True, that's what I tend to do if I'm a bit disoriented. Ascend to a point where I can clearly see the direction I'm headed.
2017-11-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GrahamG Posted at 2017-11-16 22:39
Slightly worried about those grey fences, I hope they don’t spread across here to the uk so I won’t be able to see my mavic. Does enabling geo-fencing make the aircraft more visible against them?

My guess is that it only becomes an issue if your flying low and the back drop is grey fences coupled with trees, then as I'd said, it's a bit disoriented. It's especially a problem if you're in sport-mode and VS aren't active.

I usually operate as I'd mentioned to Marsan to counter getting into problems when flying low.
2017-11-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji must be running out of ideas, all we get lately is old stock with different paint jobs....
2017-11-17
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

My guesss is all Mavic Pros start off white, then painted accordingly prior to final assembly.  As far as it having the guts of the new MPP, I would be curious to find out, especially if the gimbal comes w/red tab vs yellow.  Anyone pick up the MPawe, and if so, props look like original vs new MPP version, and what color tab on back of camera gimbal-yellow, red, or?
2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not a paint job - the drone is a white plastic. The props are 8330f - the same design as the original 8330 but all white with no stripes. It has a yellow tab on the gimbal. It's basically a white version of the original Mavic which is why the combo package is so much cheaper than the Platinum as the ESC's on the Alpine White have not been upgraded. That said, the 8331 new winglet props are compatible and give the drone a really cool black/white aesthetic look whilst making it quieter. However, it is not the same alloy material used on the Phantom and my concern is that dirt could be difficult to remove from the white plastic and ruin the finish over time - so needs a bit more TLC.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules