Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi
Just got an unpleasant error message on the screen “Battery Cell Error”. Can't take off - which is good. But the Battery has been charged only for about 33 times and the cell deviation isn’t so bad. See picture.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks. Gerry
IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg IMG_1719.jpg

2017-11-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Drain it down to 5% and try a recharge and see how it performs.  If not, time for DJI Service if it is less than 6 months old.  Otherwise, $$$ for a new battery time.
2017-11-15
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-15 09:34
Drain it down to 5% and try a recharge and see how it performs.  If not, time for DJI Service if it is less than 6 months old.  Otherwise, $$$ for a new battery time.

Well - I’m draining the battery down to 5% …. but I don't wanna fly with a bad battery. Beside that - 33 recharge cycle arn't that much.
2017-11-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-15 09:39
Well - I’m draining the battery down to 5% …. but I don't wanna fly with a bad battery. Beside that - 33 recharge cycle arn't that much.

It is probably not a "bad" battery or even a bad cell, the cells just need balancing. I would discharge the battery until it turns itself off, disregard the percentage.
2017-11-15
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-15 12:24
It is probably not a "bad" battery or even a bad cell, the cells just need balancing. I would discharge the battery until it turns itself off, disregard the percentage.

Hi Mark, I did the discharge and one cell doesn't look good. Well, I think I have to replace this one. IMG_1722.PNG
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Gerry, we don't suggest to use this battery any more, please send in for evaluation and repair/replacement at your most convenience if the battery is still in warranty period.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-11-15
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 20:17
Hi, Gerry, we don't suggest to use this battery any more, please send in for evaluation and repair/replacement at your most convenience if the battery is still in warranty period.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi DJI Mindy, thank you for your feedback. Yes - you are absolutely right, flying with a bad battery is really not a good idea. Just ordred a replacement and now I'll check the warranty.  
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-15 22:15
Hi DJI Mindy, thank you for your feedback. Yes - you are absolutely right, flying with a bad battery is really not a good idea. Just ordred a replacement and now I'll check the warranty.

The warranty period of battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. Please verify if it is in warranty period.
If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
2017-11-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-15 12:55
Hi Mark, I did the discharge and one cell doesn't look good. Well, I think I have to replace this one.

I think you may be right, that  cell seems too far out of balance, I wouldn't use it.

Mark G.
2017-11-16
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 22:25
The warranty period of battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. Please verify if it is in warranty period.
If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

thank you DJI Mindy. I live in Switzerland and the warranty period is only 3 months (if I'm not mistaken).
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-16 11:21
thank you DJI Mindy. I live in Switzerland and the warranty period is only 3 months (if I'm not mistaken).

Please contact our support directly instead of contacting your dealer, the warranty period of battery in our website is 6 months, the battery needs to be sent in firstly. warranty.png
2017-11-16
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 21:29
Please contact our support directly instead of contacting your dealer, the warranty period of battery in our website is 6 months, the battery needs to be sent in firstly.[view_image]

oh - thank you so much - this will help! Have a great day. Regard, Gerry
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-16 22:24
oh - thank you so much - this will help! Have a great day. Regard, Gerry

You are welcome.
Have a nice day.
2017-11-16
Use props
Verve Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227671 ft
United States

interesting, we are having the same exact issue today after updating to the latest firmware. We charged our replacement batteries we received from DJI in July. They only have 7 cycles and are giving us the same error.

2017-11-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Which is Battery #1 looking at the rear of the I2?   
2017-11-19
Use props
Verve Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227671 ft
United States

Ok, this is no good. Now our second set of batteries shows the same exact problem. All happening after upgrading to latest firmware yesterday.
Interestingly we now noticed that the batteries show different charge cycles, which is kind of impossible since we always paired them from day 1 and only charged them as sets together. So i am not sure how and why that is popping up with different cycles. We then also popped in our other pairs of batteries which don't show this battery error (YET) and one of those also shows different cycle count, so it might be a normal thing. Anyway, did anyone else experience this battery death after 7 charge cycles? Filed a DJI support ticket so hopefully they replace fast and under warranty.

2017-11-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-15 12:55
Hi Mark, I did the discharge and one cell doesn't look good. Well, I think I have to replace this one.

Hi Gerry

As you can see, cell number 2 is critically low and the user has no way to recover a individual cell without special tools. I would suggest that you discontinue use of this battery.  If you want to send it to me, I could try repairing it for some more experience.  Please see my post below for more information. Mark has one of my harnesses and I can say with conviction "it works"   but for some batteries it can be too late to fix them and it is not worth risking your Inspire 1
Rich
LINK to battery information
2017-11-19
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-19 13:26
Hi Gerry

As you can see, cell number 2 is critically low and the user has no way to recover a individual cell without special tools. I would suggest that you discontinue use of this battery.  If you want to send it to me, I could try repairing it for some more experience.  Please see my post below for more information. Mark has one of my harnesses and I can say with conviction "it works"   but for some batteries it can be too late to fix them and it is not worth risking your Inspire 1

Hi RichJ53 - well -  you are right and I ordered a replacement already. I don't wanna risk my I2. I was just a bit irritated that this cell voltage deviation occurred so early. 34 loading cycle aren't that much and I do never ever store the battery fully charged.

Thank you for your kind offer but I think the expenses for shipping (live in Switzerland) isn't worth it.

Regards, Gerry
2017-11-20
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Verve Media Posted at 2017-11-19 09:42
interesting, we are having the same exact issue today after updating to the latest firmware. We charged our replacement batteries we received from DJI in July. They only have 7 cycles and are giving us the same error.

I think DjI changed the "trusted" level of battery cell voltage deviation.
2017-11-20
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-20 04:39
Hi RichJ53 - well -  you are right and I ordered a replacement already. I don't wanna risk my I2. I was just a bit irritated that this cell voltage deviation occurred so early. 34 loading cycle aren't that much and I do never ever store the battery fully charged.

Thank you for your kind offer but I think the expenses for shipping (live in Switzerland) isn't worth it.

Gerry,  I wonder if you could shed some light on how you did the discharge down to 5% if the I2 could not be flown?  I have had the same issue but would like to try a deep discharge and recharge/balance first.

Thanks
2017-11-20
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

My situation was similar but not as bad so far....

I was preparing to fly today and 3 out of 5 of my battery sets could not be flown because one battery in each of those sets had discharged to about 75% leaving the matching batteries near 100%.  What would cause this?  I've never had a battery issue at all but for 60% of my battery pairs to have the same problem at the same time!  All of this on the first fight after receiving my Cendence remote and doing all the updates over the past several days.  I didn't have time to check everything before going to work but I can only guess that the self discharge settings have changed with the updates.
2017-11-23
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-11-20 05:16
Gerry,  I wonder if you could shed some light on how you did the discharge down to 5% if the I2 could not be flown?  I have had the same issue but would like to try a deep discharge and recharge/balance first.

Thanks

Hi Viper Pilot. Well, I just turned the bird on and waited, waited and waited until the battery drained down. I didn't take off due to the error message. And by the way, you can't turn on the props due to the error. So, waiting ist the only one solution. Hope this helps. Regards, Gerry
2017-11-24
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-24 03:04
Hi Viper Pilot. Well, I just turned the bird on and waited, waited and waited until the battery drained down. I didn't take off due to the error message. And by the way, you can't turn on the props due to the error. So, waiting ist the only one solution. Hope this helps. Regards, Gerry

Gerry, can you please tell me how your battery was used? Did you do any bench-testing before this happened?

Same thing has happened to one of my batteries, only 18 charges on that set, but been doing a lot of bench-testing due to an ongoing focus issue.

I am wondering if my testing, instead of flying (with more amp draw) has any impact?
2017-11-25
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

I have just turned on my Inspire 2 and am having the same issues, I have 10 batteries and they have all been paired from day 1 however when I put any of the pairs in it either says both batteries have a ERROR or one of them does, through some testing I have discovered that with most of the batteries if I have the ERROR shown on the battery info page, if I go from battery info to any of the other pages for example if I tap on HD or Sensors or camera and then go back to the battery page the ERROR sign is gone and changed back to the NORMAL sign, of my ten batteries this works with 9 of them I I am guessing that one actually has a fault so I have discharged it by leaving just that battery in the craft and letting it drain until the craft turns off, I am now recharging it to see what happens. I am am now to scared to fly with any of the batteries incase I have midair ERROR.
2017-11-25
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-25 10:06
Gerry, can you please tell me how your battery was used? Did you do any bench-testing before this happened?

Same thing has happened to one of my batteries, only 18 charges on that set, but been doing a lot of bench-testing due to an ongoing focus issue.

Hi Cougar1.  I treat the battery very carefully because I lost an I1 due to a battery cell failure. Well despite the fact that the I2 has a dual battery redundancy I would never fly with batteries how are not 100% healthy. It's to costly to push the limits further in my opinions.

Btw, everything was fine just before the firmware update. This might be an coincidence but it could also be the case, that DJI just adjusted the "tolerance level" for an acceptable battery cell deviation. As you know, the X7 is heavier and will "stress" the batteries even more than a regular X5S.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Gerry
2017-11-26
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

VisionAir Posted at 2017-11-25 22:29
I have just turned on my Inspire 2 and am having the same issues, I have 10 batteries and they have all been paired from day 1 however when I put any of the pairs in it either says both batteries have a ERROR or one of them does, through some testing I have discovered that with most of the batteries if I have the ERROR shown on the battery info page, if I go from battery info to any of the other pages for example if I tap on HD or Sensors or camera and then go back to the battery page the ERROR sign is gone and changed back to the NORMAL sign, of my ten batteries this works with 9 of them I I am guessing that one actually has a fault so I have discharged it by leaving just that battery in the craft and letting it drain until the craft turns off, I am now recharging it to see what happens. I am am now to scared to fly with any of the batteries incase I have midair ERROR.

Hi VisionAir. Well I do understand you very well. But I think and I hope DJI is doing professional job and give us pilots some information ahead before a battery will die. To our luck, the I2 has a dual battery redundancy and this gives us the possibility to land the bird once such a failure happens. But I think we have to accept the fact, that a battery has a limited lifespan. Yes, we can extend the lifetime of a battery with a good treatment but ..... we to replace it .... some day...
2017-11-26
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

VisionAir Posted at 2017-11-25 22:29

Hi VisionAir. Well I do understand you very well. But I think and I hope DJI is doing professional job and give us pilots some information ahead before a battery will die. To our luck, the I2 has a dual battery redundancy and this gives us the possibility to land the bird once such a failure happens. But I think we have to accept the fact, that a battery has a limited lifespan. Yes, we can extend the lifetime of a battery with a good treatment but ..... we to replace it .... some day...
2017-11-26
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 23:23
You are welcome.
Have a nice day.

Hi Mindy,

i have the same problem with the I2 battery 1 of my six have these problem since the beggining i dont know what to do i think im out of the warranty period but the battery stop working 1 to 2 months old theres a workaround to see if DJI can replace me the battery for warraty?
2017-12-4
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use the bad battery to charge your remotes.  There is a cable to do this with. Will charge the crystal sky and cendence batteries using the drop in charger as well.

2017-12-13
Use props
dronethen
New
Flight distance : 167598 ft
United States

Anyone have experience with getting a replacement battery under warranty from DJI?

I sent one in and it took them three months to send a replacement.  I sent my orinal battery in practically new condition and in it's original packaging.  The replament they sent over three months later came in a ziploc bag and looked very used with scuffs all over.  It seemed to be packaged correctly, so they can't blame the shipping company.

I'm curious as to everyone else's experience.
2017-12-17
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

dronethen Posted at 2017-12-17 19:15
Anyone have experience with getting a replacement battery under warranty from DJI?

I sent one in and it took them three months to send a replacement.  I sent my orinal battery in practically new condition and in it's original packaging.  The replament they sent over three months later came in a ziploc bag and looked very used with scuffs all over.  It seemed to be packaged correctly, so they can't blame the shipping company.

It would be interesting to see how many charge cycles the battery has had by connecting it to the I2 and viewing the battery info! It sure sounds like they've sent you a battery out of someone's drawer in the workshop. This type of service seems normal for DJI unfortunately.
2017-12-17
Use props
dronethen
New
Flight distance : 167598 ft
United States

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-17 20:49
It would be interesting to see how many charge cycles the battery has had by connecting it to the I2 and viewing the battery info! It sure sounds like they've sent you a battery out of someone's drawer in the workshop. This type of service seems normal for DJI unfortunately.

That's a very good suggestion Dan.  I just checked, they sent it with four charge cycles.
2017-12-18
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

dronethen Posted at 2017-12-18 11:32
That's a very good suggestion Dan.  I just checked, they sent it with four charge cycles.

So not too bad then. Just a shame about the cosmetic appearance.
2017-12-18
Use props
VPKCQZBdciNj
lvl.2
United States

Verve Media Posted at 2017-11-19 11:22
Ok, this is no good. Now our second set of batteries shows the same exact problem. All happening after upgrading to latest firmware yesterday.
Interestingly we now noticed that the batteries show different charge cycles, which is kind of impossible since we always paired them from day 1 and only charged them as sets together. So i am not sure how and why that is popping up with different cycles. We then also popped in our other pairs of batteries which don't show this battery error (YET) and one of those also shows different cycle count, so it might be a normal thing. Anyway, did anyone else experience this battery death after 7 charge cycles? Filed a DJI support ticket so hopefully they replace fast and under warranty.

I just had one fail after six charges.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans3d4c9bb5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10472 ft
United States

Having the same issue as well.   I haven't used my I2 that much as at work we have a P4 so my battery is out of warranty.   I drained it and re-charged it all the way and am still getting the message.  I just asked DJI chat and they had said $159 for the repair and $65 to diagnose it so I should just buy a new one.  So there is no solution other than buying a new one?

2018-2-15
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans3d4c9bb5 Posted at 2018-2-15 13:08
Having the same issue as well.   I haven't used my I2 that much as at work we have a P4 so my battery is out of warranty.   I drained it and re-charged it all the way and am still getting the message.  I just asked DJI chat and they had said $159 for the repair and $65 to diagnose it so I should just buy a new one.  So there is no solution other than buying a new one?
[view_image]

Hi, I'm sorry about your battery problem. To be honest, I replaced the batteries because it is to risky and costly flying with a not 100% ok battery. I lost one Inspire 1 already because of a damaged battery and I don't wanna risk such a damage again. A repair with warranty would be an alternative but I would go for a new one.
2018-2-15
Use props
fansc49dce13
lvl.1
United States

This is terrible and I think directly related to the new firmware. All 10 batteries of mine were charged and would power up the craft without issue. Today, updated firmware and now 8 batteries give me the exact same error. Ridiculous. How do you roll back the firmware? Some of batteries only have 1 cycle on them.
2018-2-22
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Same thing here!

First pair I flew with was fine - no problems and I landed as per normal.

Swapped in second Pair and got a fast flashing red light on the inspire 2- Ce11 3 on one battery was showing 0.11 V below the others. I couldn't take off and had to end the shoot early.

I also noticed that they were showing two different cycles and the rest of my batteries show equal cycles on paired batteries.

I have at least 20 other lipos from cheap brands to expensive and some with over 100 cycles on them. They still charge and balance perfectly. Yet DJI lipos are showing error and in balanced cells after 9 or 10 cycles? Something must be wrong
2018-2-22
Use props
guido's account
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325269 ft
Spain

Hi there, I don't know if I breaking the record, but battery paired from minute cero, 2 cycles charged, a welcome to the first error, cell's difference is 4.11 vs 4.22 v. Anyone knows how to balance them? If I can't fly, I can't discharge the battery, or just waiting 6 hours with the i2 turned on?
Thanks,

Guido.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Discharging to 0% won't balance the uneven cell.

The inspire 2 battery can't be balanced because the battery's cage is fixed in manufacturing. This means if you break into it, you won't be able to replace it.  
2018-2-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules