P2V+ flies without the gimbal and camera, right?
1679 8 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.2

United States

Probably a dumb question: I have about 20 minutes before I decide whether to take my quad to my family's house to show them how it flies.  (To convince my brother in law to get a Phantom... I don't have many chances to see him.)  But my gimbal is currently being repaired.  It'll fly without it, right?  (I know the P2 doesn't have one and flies without, but I hope and assume the P2V+ isn't dependent upon those electonics to fly.)

2015-4-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah it will fly fine, but you will not be able to connect your phone, so no telemetry.
However, trying to convince someone of the awesomeness of the Phantom by showing them a damaged one may not have the desired effect.
2015-4-11
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

Understand.  He already had a $300 drone and he decided "drones are too hard to fly."

Here's a 1-minute video of his first two flights.  Here's a hint of the outcome: It's a 1 minute video of his first 2 flights.

http://youtu.be/nTfHGvBbRhk  It's actually pretty funny.  He's a better editor than pilot.

Anyway, I decided to wait until I can show him the camera.
2015-4-11
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

the Audio in that is GREAT!  Where did that come from?  The spin up, air time and decent etc it PERFECT!!!  I NEED THAT TRICK!
2015-4-11
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

without the camera stuff its basically  a p2v2 and a lot lighter.  

fun to fly and more responsive without that weight.
2015-4-12
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

paul@westpointd Posted at 2015-4-12 12:12
Understand.  He already had a $300 drone and he decided "drones are too hard to fly."

Here's a 1-mi ...

Paul,

That was classic! Somebody's burning some dollar bills!

Jerry
2015-4-12
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

paul@westpointd Posted at 2015-4-12 12:12

Here's a 1-mi ...

Fracking hilarious!
2015-4-13
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

I figured out it's either a Cheerson CX-20 or a Quanta Nova quadcopter.  Either is around $300 and neither includes the camera or a gimbal.  Both are clearly copying the styling of the Phantom, while cheapening everything possible.
2015-4-21
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules