Mavic Pro No signal or Image on device at start up
4907 22 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RogueDNA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95184 ft

New Zealand

Hi y'all I'm in desperate need of advice to get in the air.  So I bought a 2nd hand Mavic Pro, which had been updated to the latest fw and checked as working prior to being delivered,  but since day 1 I've been unable to get an image on my device.   Keeps showing in App "No Signal" for android, "No Image Transmission Signal" for IOS.  Have tried the following:
  • different memory cards - formatted on PC and in App
  • multiple cables in side and bottom inputs
  • reloading the latest fw 1.04 on both RC / AC, and then downgrading
  • reloaded DJI Go 4 App multiple times
  • relinked the RC to AC
Devices used Samsung S6 Edge, S7, Iphone 6, IPad Air (running Ver. 11.0.3).  Its odd at start up, I switch on the RC then AC then the App automatically boots up and shows "Connected" with the green led, then "Go Fly" in blue.  The gimbal runs through its cycle, once done I can control it up and down ok,  take videos and photos as well and can still fly around normally,  just can't see what the camera is seeing.  What am I missing?  Also on a side note I did a calibration of the AC through DJI Assistant 2 and could see on PC what the camera was seeing???  I would so appreciate some direction.

Samsung S6 Edge

Samsung S6 Edge
2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

What are you seeing on the screen when you're flying> Can you post a picture?
2017-11-15
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

what happens when you press on "go fly" on the phone. and it doesn't look look like the phone is properly plugged into the RC.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did the firmware refresh successfully? Please pay attention to the Assistant 2 and see if there is any error message when the upgrade finished. And you can also try to relink the RC and AC, if it doens't help, I recommend sending it in for repair.
2017-11-15
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-15 14:51
What are you seeing on the screen when you're flying> Can you post a picture?

CycleParadise this is what I see when flying...

2017-11-15
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-15 18:21
what happens when you press on "go fly" on the phone. and it doesn't look look like the phone is properly plugged into the RC.

Hey Locoman so when I select "go fly" it opens up to the main view in App but no pic...have included a pic to a previous reply
2017-11-15
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 18:58
Just to verify, did the firmware refresh successfully? Please pay attention to the Assistant 2 and see if there is any error message when the upgrade finished. And you can also try to relink the RC and AC, if it doens't help, I recommend sending it in for repair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52F4hlR4MA&index=19&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Hi DJI Thor, yes it did refresh successfully and no errors were encountered.  Is it possible there is an issue with the RC?  I see a lot of people mention using either the side or bottom input for the cable on RC, which I've already tried.  Only reason I ask if the RC could be the issue is that I know the gimbal works, the camera works, and when the AC was connected to DJI Assistant 2, I could see the camera view when doing a calibration?  It's like everything is working, except for 1 thing?  What is it that transmits the image to device...is it the AC or RC?
2017-11-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

RogueDNA Posted at 2017-11-15 19:04
CycleParadise this is what I see when flying...

[view_image]

Have you tried to reset the camera and then set it to auto. Might be a long shot but I had a friend with a similar issue and the camera settings were in manual with a white balance that made the picture just look black.
2017-11-15
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-15 22:10
Have you tried to reset the camera and then set it to auto. Might be a long shot but I had a friend with a similar issue and the camera settings were in manual with a white balance that made the picture just look black.

Hi Jenee 2 - just tried your suggestion but sadly still no image
2017-11-16
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

it looks like the plug into the bottom of your phone is crooked. Maybe it is not seated correctly. why aren't you using the DJI plug and plug into the port on the left of the RC.
2017-11-16
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-16 06:00
it looks like the plug into the bottom of your phone is crooked. Maybe it is not seated correctly. why aren't you using the DJI plug and plug into the port on the left of the RC.

plug is seated correctly, tight fit, and have had no difference whether using the side or bottom input plus a lot of comments I've found with similar issues have indicated using the bottom input....so just happended to take the photo when using the bottom input is all,
2017-11-16
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Somewhere in the settings, I think the three bars at the top right under cog icon or similar, is a setting to start up "live view" on startup? Have you tried making sure that is set? Also throw that dji side cable away and use the bottom USB port with a good micro-USB cable - makes all the difference for no connection loss during flight.
2017-11-16
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

RogueDNA Posted at 2017-11-16 00:06
Hi Jenee 2 - just tried your suggestion but sadly still no image

From the photos, it seems like everything else is working except the transmission of the image to the phone. As you have tried a number of other devices, it is probably not your phone or cable as all other information is displayed.
You said you bought this second hand, did you actually see it in operation and saw that there was an image on the screen?
Only other thing to have a look at is in the GO 4 settings under the HD icon, have a look at the transmission settings when everything is turned on. Is the Channel Mode set to Auto or Manual, if Manual change back to Auto and check the amount of interference. Have a look at what is showing for  Downlink Bandwidth and Transmission Quality. Make sure Image Transmission Settings is set to Normal.
2017-11-16
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

Hello,

I have the same issue with "old" smartphone : Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3.

No problem with recent phone as Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
It's a phone related issue.
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_PWH0wea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728232 ft
Switzerland

HI,

I got the same issue since I updated to the last DJI go4 app (4.1.15 and 4.1.10 as well in fact) eveything was fine with the previous versions so may be an app related bug
2017-11-17
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

Jumbo333 Posted at 2017-11-17 02:24
Hello,

I have the same issue with "old" smartphone : Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3.

Hi Jumbo333 - not entirely sure about that....as per my original post this was tested on multiple devices, both IOS and Android, phones and tablet
2017-11-17
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

djiuser_PWH0wea Posted at 2017-11-17 04:16
HI,

I got the same issue since I updated to the last DJI go4 app (4.1.15 and 4.1.10 as well in fact) eveything was fine with the previous versions so may be an app related bug

djiuser_PWH0wea so do you still have this issue?  Is it possible to downgrade even further back than 4.1.10?
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_PWH0wea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728232 ft
France

RogueDNA Posted at 2017-11-17 17:32
djiuser_PWH0wea so do you still have this issue?  Is it possible to downgrade even further back than 4.1.10?

I downgraded back to 4.1.09 and it s fine again, I can use my mavic again
No connexion when using 4.1.10, 4.1.14 and 4.1.15
2017-11-18
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

djiuser_PWH0wea Posted at 2017-11-18 10:11
I downgraded back to 4.1.09 and it s fine again, I can use my mavic again
No connexion when using 4.1.10, 4.1.14 and 4.1.15

Tried that as well but still no luck yet....but thanks for the advice
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RogueDNA Posted at 2017-11-15 20:04
Hi DJI Thor, yes it did refresh successfully and no errors were encountered.  Is it possible there is an issue with the RC?  I see a lot of people mention using either the side or bottom input for the cable on RC, which I've already tried.  Only reason I ask if the RC could be the issue is that I know the gimbal works, the camera works, and when the AC was connected to DJI Assistant 2, I could see the camera view when doing a calibration?  It's like everything is working, except for 1 thing?  What is it that transmits the image to device...is it the AC or RC?

After going through what you had done, I think you need to send it back for repair, and we need to diagnose when it arrives. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-11-21
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

RE: Mavic Pro No signal or Image on device at start up "SOLVED"

Many thanks for all the advice peeps - ended up sending it in for investigation and turns out the Mavic Pro Core Board A was faulty....back in the air again now, stoked.  Happy flying y'all
2017-11-27
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

....Also...I'm a first time forum user so am not sure how to change the main title to show as solved?  I can't seem to see any edit button that will let me update it.
2017-11-27
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3

New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 00:36
After going through what you had done, I think you need to send it back for repair, and we need to diagnose when it arrives. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Thor....all repaired now.  The core board had a fault.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules