Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ireland Eye
1168 13 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cathalspot

Ireland

Hi guys
I just finished my first proper video, check it out..shot with DJI pv2+
http://vimeo.com/124692306
Cathal

2015-4-11
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Very nice! Liked the seagull flyby!....
2015-4-11
Use props
TCMAC
United States

Sweet video ... Absolutely awesome shots ... Very smooth on the controls ... Look forward to more of these .. Eire countryside and shoreline is really beautiful ...appreciate the share
2015-4-11
Use props
cathalspot

Ireland

Thanx a lot guY's ☺.
Means a lot...It actually got a bit scary out there for a bit, Seagulls were getting very up close and personal had to a bond on a few takes and go for rabid climb to get away...They know no fear...I guess it comes with being born on the wing.

2015-4-11
Use props
cathalspot

Ireland

Apologies for mispellings typing on Android phone.  I meant I had to abandon few takes cause of seagulls swooping in on Phantom.
2015-4-11
Use props
TCMAC
United States

No worries ... The gulls made for a great video though
2015-4-11
Use props
bahamasboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

BEAUTIFUL!  You're very soft on the sticks -smooth as butter!  The seagull shot is a 1 in a million MONEY SHOT!  What camera settings did you use for the flight into the sun along the river? That was very nicely exposed!!
2015-4-11
Use props
cathalspot

Ireland

Thanx again.  Worked hard at practising smooth motion on Phantom since getting last Xmas  (thank you Siobhan) best present ...like ever...
I notched down the sensativity on yal by 20% Thinking of going another 20 to be honest.  The shot along the canal over ice shot late in eve.  Set to cloudy day (low light) standard (I use mostly soft now) -.3 maybe -.7.  30 fps 1080 It rains a lot here so a fair amount of gray when the sun comes out so does the BirD.
wish I had the segue shot at 60 fps ... I slowed down a bit so it's a little hitter. .. I was a fair bit out and I seen him swoop in on fpv...Thaughts he was gonna come in for a takedown..turns out birds can't go straight up.
2015-4-11
Use props
cathalspot

Ireland

Apologies again typos.
I meant
I wish Shot seagul shot at 60 fps
fair amount of jitter.  If slowed down at 30 fps while on a turn...
2015-4-11
Use props
info
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

cathalspot@yaho Posted at 2015-4-12 14:04
Thanx again.  Worked hard at practising smooth motion on Phantom since getting last Xmas  (thank  ...

If you use soft sharpening setting, how do you go about adding sharpening in post-production? Which program do you use? Cheers Great vid btw!
2015-4-11
Use props
cathalspot

Ireland

Thanx
I am pritty sure nearly all that was shot in soft setting.  Except the bit over river at sun set..  
I did no post sharpining to the best of my knowedge.  

I used coral video studio x7, I find it super easy to use...and not expensive...around €60.  It has loads of fx extensions and videos on YouTube showing how to use.  Very user frendly.
BTW I was using standard setting on Phantom for ages and maybe it's just me but most of that early footege is not very attractive at all...flat colours and to harsh on the eye...I tried evrtyhing to bring it alive but to date nothing works...live and learn I guess.  

2015-4-12
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Cathal,

Great video! Beautiful! Thanks for the link!

Jerry
2015-4-12
Use props
itamarsea
New
Ireland

hi Cathal
i'm from Dublin and have one 2...please contact me itamarsea@gmail.com
2015-4-12
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1