Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to adjust flight altitude
2623 11 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

Hey guys!
I was wondering how to adjust flight altitude in the DJI Goggles because I can't get past 100 feet up in the air with the goggles. I was kinda confused because I could get to 400 feet easily with my phone. Can someone please help? Thanks!
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Before connecting with DJI Goggles, you will need to connect the RC and the drone to your mobile device first (like regular connecting), or there will be a log in question which limits the height and distance.
2017-11-15
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 18:45
Before connecting with DJI Goggles, you will need to connect the RC and the drone to your mobile device first (like regular connecting), or there will be a log in question which limits the height and distance.

I did that before. I connected the phone and RC first because I got the goggles at a separate time. I set the max altitude on my phone to the government limits, and I could go up that high. Are you saying that it should be set because I connected it to my phone first? Becuase it isn't doing that.
2017-11-15
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to start the Go4 app and connect.....I leave it on while using the goggles...the main reason is I have a back up with my phone or mini iPad if the goggles fail.....if you just use the goggles you don’t get further than about 60 feet....
2017-11-15
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-15 21:30
You need to start the Go4 app and connect.....I leave it on while using the goggles...the main reason is I have a back up with my phone or mini iPad if the goggles fail.....if you just use the goggles you don’t get further than about 60 feet....

Thanks! I'll try that
2017-11-16
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-15 21:30

Do I just connect with my phone as well?
2017-11-16
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agent Sgt. Shad Posted at 2017-11-16 09:12
Do I just connect with my phone as well?

Yea..what ever you use...make sure your cable is connected, start Go4, make sure you have an image on your phone then turn on the goggles...works for me every time...
2017-11-16
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-16 15:39
Yea..what ever you use...make sure your cable is connected, start Go4, make sure you have an image on your phone then turn on the goggles...works for me every time...

Thanks, man! I appreciate it!
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
Argentina

I just tried some that I borrowed to verify whether I made my purchase or not, and the truth, they did so many ads, or I had another expectation, which I did not like, the height issue happened to me the same and solve it as mentioned above. ... the head tracking does not use it, because I use old firmware, which was not the reason why I wanted to buy the glasses, and in scope it has much less than the RC when the 800mts of altitude are cut, while my RC It has the complete indicators. unfortunately I did not like it, I would have liked it to be so.
2018-1-8
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_CbfiJvy Posted at 2018-1-8 05:07
I just tried some that I borrowed to verify whether I made my purchase or not, and the truth, they did so many ads, or I had another expectation, which I did not like, the height issue happened to me the same and solve it as mentioned above. ... the head tracking does not use it, because I use old firmware, which was not the reason why I wanted to buy the glasses, and in scope it has much less than the RC when the 800mts of altitude are cut, while my RC It has the complete indicators. unfortunately I did not like it, I would have liked it to be so.

I understand. I respect your opinion. My preference is with goggles.
2018-1-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

not sure if you came right yet but from your posts below Thors answer i thought maybe you are not yet sorted. In thors post he points out the fact that a particular order of connection is required. if the proper order is not followed then an error causes the flight limitation with the goggles. If the proper order of connection is followed then the error log is not created and you are good to go. only turn on the goggles after you have connected the drone and rc and devise (i do it in that order - any other order and i have problems unless i switch all items off and reboot all in the proper order of connection - goggles last.
2018-2-1
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shadow
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-1 13:20
not sure if you came right yet but from your posts below Thors answer i thought maybe you are not yet sorted. In thors post he points out the fact that a particular order of connection is required. if the proper order is not followed then an error causes the flight limitation with the goggles. If the proper order of connection is followed then the error log is not created and you are good to go. only turn on the goggles after you have connected the drone and rc and devise (i do it in that order - any other order and i have problems unless i switch all items off and reboot all in the proper order of connection - goggles last.

Thanks. I had fixed the problem; I should have posted that out. I just needed the DJI Go 4 app up and running.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules