GS Waypoints will be added by DJI - Got confirmation and ordered P3
1935 8 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneking
lvl.1

United States

I asked their online sales webchat rep on dji.com if GS waypoint flying for P3 will be added by DJI in the future.  - She said yes but did not give me a timeline. She said it could take several months.

I proceeded to order a P3 drone. I will be pissed if this does not happen.
2015-4-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol
Getting confirmation from a webchat sales rep....when we've already heard  "the word" from actual DJI employees involved in the product and testing....isn't saying very much.
The story from Ed and others is that DJI is leaving it to developers. That doesn't mean DJI won't do it. It also means you will probably have it - one way or the other - in "several months", but you may have to pay for it.....and it may include a much better system than the bare bones DJI one (if the developers do a good job, etc.).

If that story has changed I think we'd be semi-officially updated. Either way you will have what you want sometime....just don't start a "pissed at DJI because no ground station" thread in 90 days....
Here is the quote from DJI:

"You are correct.  No waypoints.  You will have to wait for the SDK to be released and as Eric stated developers will have the opportunity to produce those applications.  "
2015-4-11
Use props
utkinpol
New

United States

If DJI reads this - i have preordered this $1k unit for this GPS functionality alone. Official preview and FAQ creates an assumption it is covered and common sense says if previous model got it - new model must also have it included.
If it is going to be a bait and switch tactics then i will simply give my money to other company. Quite frankly reading these forums is not helping DJI image at all. It looks like this company generally neglects customer relations in a false sense that current sales volume is not related to overall customer satisfaction.
I am really surprised with all this but it is the perception i get after reading this forum for last 40min. Tons of complaints about unanswered emails, claims closed without confirmation, calls unanswered, it is not what i would ever expect from a company that provides luxury segment goods.
Well, it is why last week i terminated all my accounts with HSBC where i kept 6 figure sums for last 15 years as they got impossible to deal with and moved all assets to other banks. Ignorant businesses these days get punished very quick, bad reputation rumors get viral very fast. And then all your sales numbers and perception of invincibility will evaporate.  

All i can say - do not underestimate what perception of your business practices means for American market. If you want to keep selling those $1k+ toys to people who do not really need them but can afford 'em - you better bend backwards to provide proper information and support when people ask for it. Or your business will not live very long.
2015-4-11
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

utkinpol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-4-12 10:52
If DJI reads this - i have preordered this $1k unit for this GPS functionality alone. Official previ ...

Very true!
2015-4-12
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

Don't count on it DJI online reps are full of s$%#! For example look at the Inspire 1 Apple debacle at launch. GS is currently listed in SDK area which means at least to me DJI wants someone else to do all the work. Still waiting for it on the I1 over 4 months since launch.
2015-4-12
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Well, if you put it this way.

DJI does not make waypoints for P3 or Inspire1, if someone loses drone cause of this its not their fault since some 3rd party program caused it.
2015-4-12
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-12 23:49
Well, if you put it this way.

DJI does not make waypoints possible for P3 or Inspire1, if someone l ...
Look at the very bottom of this page.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/feature
2015-4-12
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

vmp@carbon-egg. Posted at 2015-4-13 00:10
Look at the very bottom of this page.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/feature

Yes, it is features of SDK not features of P3.

Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky?
Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The Phantom 3 platform is fully
open and allows you to program apps that:
2015-4-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-13 00:23
Yes, it is features of SDK not features of P3.

Yep,
Pretty clear statement:
SDK Development.PNG
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules