Are the goggles worth it?
1921 10 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boston_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2854 ft
New Zealand

Watching the adverising for the DJI goggles it looks cool but is it just hyped? I get that you see fpv and move the camera with your head but do they feel cheap and heavy on the bridge of the nose?

Thanks
2017-11-15
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

They feel heavy, I personally had a neck-ache after wearing them for 30-40 minutes of operations, they didn't fit my face too well (I have a "south european standard face") thus leaking light into the googles, there were annoying reflections/glass-lens artifacts on the screen, the controls and menù are quite unintuitive, at that time the head tracking was not working on both my phantom 4 pro plus and inspire 2, video quality is great tho.
I returned them a few days after, for me is a big no, this technology needs a lot of work and advancement for my tastes.
Hope this helps your indecisiveness
2017-11-16
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

I had a great experience with DJI Goggles. I thought they were worth the $500. Yes, there are some issues with it, but overall I think all the pros outweigh the cons. I have listened to the common ones, but not all of them. I like what DJI had in mind, and I like their invention, but they can adjust it.
Pros:
-Great screen size and resolution
-Great transmission
-Good video quality
-Made from strong, durable material
-Battery life (6 hours)
-Comfy headband
-Intelligent flight (Is drastically improved and is pretty cool)

Cons:
-Price
-Heavy
-It's big and heavy on your head (2 pounds)
-Videos don't save to DJI Goggle's SD card, only saves to aircraft SD card
-Pretty hard to transport if you don't have a protective bag/case
-Headband is kind of loose; the gear isn't that tight (You can pull back on it and it goes back, but when you tighten it, it still sticks on your head smugly)
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Agent Sgt. Shad Posted at 2017-11-16 18:22
I had a great experience with DJI Goggles. I thought they were worth the $500. Yes, there are some issues with it, but overall I think all the pros outweigh the cons. I have listened to the common ones, but not all of them. I like what DJI had in mind, and I like their invention, but they can adjust it.
Pros:

Thanks for your feedback. Your suggestion will be forwarded.
2017-11-16
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Agent Sgt. Shad Posted at 2017-11-16 18:22
Pros:

Yeah, I kinda agree with your points but in the end the cons outweighted the pros.
The world is interesting because is diverse, at least so they say.
2017-11-17
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-17 06:43
Yeah, I kinda agree with your points but in the end the cons outweighted the pros.
The world is interesting because is diverse, at least so they say.

It always depends on the situation and the person, and the experience they went through
2017-11-17
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Agent Sgt. Shad Posted at 2017-11-17 07:50
It always depends on the situation and the person, and the experience they went through

I meant for myself ofcourse :-)
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_vA5H1mg
New
Flight distance : 3878 ft
New Zealand

While I’m still a complete newbie with them I’m still trying to come up with a solution to them being a terrible fit to my head.
I can fit my hand between the band and my head on both sides at the front. I.E. both sides at once! This makes them very uncomfortable to wear as they are constantly flopping around on my head. I am going to need to stuff padding on both sides somehow.
I would not say I have a small or narrow head but these things seem to be made for Frankenstein’s head (the bolt would stabilise them quite well).
I’ve come onto the forum to see if and how others deal with the fit. At this point my best idea is to fold a small towel in half and put that on the front of my head first!
2017-11-18
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

i think the goggles are some of the best on the market , great battery life and good optics , work well with my contact lenses or my glasses.

the face fit isn't perfect , they are expensive and a bit heavy but the FPV experience outweighs all these issues.

I love the head tracking on my Spark but sometimes makes me dizzy
2017-11-19
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I bought these googles, and I must say the Pro and cons are very true Agent Sgt Shad said. I hardly use my google but it comes in handy when I want to focus on my flying, it does attract a crowd though. IF to need to be aware of your surroundings I wont wear it.
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_tGYKEfH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80522 ft
United States

wondering how long can one put the goggles on before dizziness kicks in?
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules