Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi relay / extender / repeater / converter
1110 3 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb584ea6e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 663205 ft
Norway

Hi

We have the M600 pro with Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit, Ronin-MX, Sony a7Rii and VIRB 360, and want to control/monitor these devices from ground via iPad apps at a long distance. Is there anyone here who has solved this with a wifi relay / extender system or convering can-bus signal to wifi or anything that would make this work over long range?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
PointGeo
2017-11-16
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

I've thought about this to allow us to have telemetry throughout our flight even if the operator moves. I'm sure one of the many write ups on extending WiFi range with parabolic antennas would work.
2017-11-16
Use props
PointGeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 663205 ft
Norway

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-11-16 08:37
I've thought about this to allow us to have telemetry throughout our flight even if the operator moves. I'm sure one of the many write ups on extending WiFi range with parabolic antennas would work.

Yes, that was my original idea also. It might be a long shot and a silly question, but would it be possible to utilize the existing CAN-BUS datalink and have some sort of CAN-wifi adapter in either end?
2017-11-16
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

PointGeo Posted at 2017-11-16 11:59
Yes, that was my original idea also. It might be a long shot and a silly question, but would it be possible to utilize the existing CAN-BUS datalink and have some sort of CAN-wifi adapter in either end?

Maybe, I'm not really sure what gets sent over the lightbridge but if you put enough time into it I'm betting you could make it work. It may even be possible in the SDK, but that's outside of my paygrade and above my expertise. I'm sure it would have to be optimized and compressed if it were a reasonably large amount of data, though.

What are you specifically interested in transferring over that range? It sounds from your OP that you could just send small text updates. If you want imagery, that's a whole different beast.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules