Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Faulty Inspire 1 Battery
1467 7 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WetInspire1
New
Flight distance : 525879 ft
Canada

Be Aware! - The Inspire 1 Pro can have a catastrophic event if the unit is over water when the TB47 Intelligent flight Battery fails which it is known to do. (search TB47 failure). The battery can drop from 80% -10% instantly without notice and the Inspire 1 will immediatly start landing where ever it happens to be. If this failure happens over water the drone will decend into the water which destroys the drone, the camera and the battery instantly. Be aware that ,although DJI knows about the faulty battery issue ,they will not relace your drone and the costs to repair it will be more than $3000.
2017-11-16
Use props
FelipeRodrigues
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4882106 ft

Brazil

Hello Wetinspires1.

I had the same problem, but mine happened when I was flying with about 50% battery and it dropped to less than 30%, activating the RTH, I was able to land the drone safely and I never used that battery again.
After that I'm only using the TB48 battery that never gave me problems.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, it is recommended to charge and discharge the battery thoroughly for every 10 charge-and-discharge cycle to calibrate the battery capacity.
Do you calibrate the capacity frequently?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FelipeRodrigues Posted at 2017-11-16 16:10
Hello Wetinspires1.

I had the same problem, but mine happened when I was flying with about 50% battery and it dropped to less than 30%, activating the RTH, I was able to land the drone safely and I never used that battery again.

If the battery hasn't been used to a long time, the capacity may be not accurate, the problem you mentioned may occur.
Lipo battery needs to be taken good care of, we suggest to check more info about how to maintain and extend the battery life here: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... _Guidelines_1.4.pdf
2017-11-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm  betting you took off with less than 100% battery. Can you post the data for this flight or a link to the flight record on Airdata.com
Mark G.
2017-11-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Guernsey

If the battery has been left for any length of time after being charged, it had probably gone into self-discharge mode and when flown in this condition it can appear to rapidly lose charge. A good rule to follow is to never fly with a battery at less than 100%. So many have seen 95% even 98% and believed this to be "near enough" and DJI gets the blame when their bird drops out of the sky.

Mark G.
2017-11-17
Use props
WetInspire1
New
Flight distance : 525879 ft
Canada

Thanks for the info. It did start at 100% and rapidly dropped to 10% after it hit 80%. I see that there are some precautionary measures pointed out here but there was no sign of anything being wrong with the battery.
They have the bird now with the battery, the camera and sim card and the case. They sent me an invoice for $3000+ for me to get it back operational but won't tell me what the diagnostics showed as the cause???
Really , really frustrating experience. Not sure why they wont acknowledge the problem and get me back in the air for some reasonable expense??
2017-11-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

WetInspire1 Posted at 2017-11-28 14:10
Thanks for the info. It did start at 100% and rapidly dropped to 10% after it hit 80%. I see that there are some precautionary measures pointed out here but there was no sign of anything being wrong with the battery.
They have the bird now with the battery, the camera and sim card and the case. They sent me an invoice for $3000+ for me to get it back operational but won't tell me what the diagnostics showed as the cause???
Really , really frustrating experience. Not sure why they wont acknowledge the problem and get me back in the air for some reasonable expense??

Can you upload the flight data to Airdata.com  and post a link here. I am keen to get to the bottom of this.

Mark G.
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules