Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Icaro2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50187 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all!

I'll travel from UK to Australia soon!

Once there...do I need to recalibrate the sensors???

Any idea?

Thank you in advance

Diego
2017-11-16
Use props
fansfdcc5ccf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233209 ft
Germany

I have travelled to South Africa and Spark didn’t request to calibrate the compass. First flight I got a compass error immediately.So maybe it’s a good idea to calibrate when traveling a long distance.
2017-11-16
Use props
Icaro2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you for your answer! I'll check everything 3 times before fly than! Cheers!
2017-11-16
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
Switzerland

I always calibrate in a new location when I'm traveling, just once per location regardless if the app asked for it or not. if I'm in the same general area (several KM radius), I just check the sensor before the flight (and RTH location...)

2017-11-16
Use props
Icaro2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys!
2017-11-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Within Europe I have never had that issue so far (even far away from home location). I have changed continent with my Spark only once and it immediately asked for a compass calibration. Over such big distances I would consider this absolutely normal, especially when changing even hemisphere.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please pay attention to the message from your app and the aircraft status indicator remains fast alternating red and yellow flashing. Do not calibrate the compass near the factories, high voltage line and other interference. Hope you have a nice vocation.
2017-11-16
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

i always recalibrate when moving from country to country , easier than replacing a lost or broken drone ;)
2017-11-16
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I always recalibrate in any new locations and haven't had an issue with errors or flyaways.
2017-11-17
Use props
N8m888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, I am going to Mauritius soon and plan to re calibrate the spark there. Does anyone know if the spark will be on CE or FCC mode there ?
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules