Mavic Pro Platinum Camera Tilted When Flying Sideways-Gimbal Issue?
2540 8 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YutEuMd
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I am new to drones and the MPP, just received it last week. Is it normal for the camera to tilt when flying sideways?

I feel as though something is wrong with my gimbal, I have never seen footage like this, and I am fairly certain I have seen many shots from drones flying sideways.

It seemed to function great when flyting forward and backward.

Video:

Thanks!
Tilted mavic Pro Camera Pic.png
2017-11-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

No that is definitely not normal. Check and make sure the gimbal is seated correctly underneath the tabs front and back. If that is ok, do a gimbal calibration on a flat surface. If that does not work, try doing an IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface.
2017-11-16
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also make sure you are NOT flying in FIXED WING MODE... Otherwise, do an AUTO GIMBAL calibration and see if it will help otherwise exchanges for a new one PRONTO!
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please try what Jenee suggested. Besides, please check the Gimbal Settings, have you set the gimbal in the Follow mode?
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_YutEuMd
lvl.1
United States

I appreciate your help! I just tested in my house without flying and it seems to be fine just holding it at an angle.  I was using Follow Me mode earlier that day, but I thought I exited it. Would Follow Me mode cause this issue? I am going to fly this weekend and test more thoroughly.

As for the gimbal seating, I am not sure what the correct seating is, can you direct me to a diagram, or do you mind explaining?  Thanks!
2017-11-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

djiuser_YutEuMd Posted at 2017-11-16 22:25
I appreciate your help! I just tested in my house without flying and it seems to be fine just holding it at an angle.  I was using Follow Me mode earlier that day, but I thought I exited it. Would Follow Me mode cause this issue? I am going to fly this weekend and test more thoroughly.

As for the gimbal seating, I am not sure what the correct seating is, can you direct me to a diagram, or do you mind explaining?  Thanks!

In this video, it will show how to check the seating of the gimbal.

And yes, Follow Me Mode will certainly cause the picture to slant as it is showing you the view as if you had goggles on.
2017-11-17
Use props
mykrowsy.
New
United States

I had this issue too, thought it had something to do with using fixed wing mode.

My video example of video tilt

You’re probably in fpv mode

How to fix camera tilt flying sideways in Mavic Pro
2018-2-13
Use props
mykrowsy.
New
United States

I had this issue too, thought it had something to do with using fixed wing mode.

My video example of video tilt
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzzC2zwNRpE
You’re probably in fpv mode

How to fix camera tilt flying sideways in Mavic Pro.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6DQSA4xwU

2018-2-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

FPV mode will will tilt the camera relative to the roll of the AC, sometimes they do not match exactly, you will have to adjust the sensitivity in the Gain setting to get as close as possible.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules