Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Camera Not Focusing
5193 13 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

The last two or three flights I have made with the Mavic Pro (Original) with the latest firmware avalible, I have noticed that my camera is not focusing both in automatic foucs and manual focus, I have tried all settings, the issue is occuring in photos and video.

The pictures and videos on the capture card are not as sharp as they usually are, but are not as bad as in the DJI Go 4 App.

Anyone else having this issue, or have a fix for it? All help welcome including DJi admins ...

Cheers
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please upload some original videos and image from the SD card to the Dropbox or Google Drive? I'd like to download them for an analysis.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans2b487ca7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139892 ft
Honduras

Hi. I’m having the same issue since the last update all the images are extremely soft   Tried to use both manual and automatic and infinite focus is not working. The drone could not even read a license plate 12 feet away from my car
2017-12-26
Use props
Drakaris-Pro
New
Flight distance : 170883 ft
Germany

Hi All, I'm having also the same issue. The Mavic Pro is new (3 days), first flight and the camera was not focusing (flying and also still). I saw many videos on youtube how other users solved this issue by calibrating IMU, Gimbal, and also refreshing the Firmware directly from the PC with Assistant 2 Software. I've repeated already everthing twice. Nothing helped, do some knows how to fix this?

Thank you!
2017-12-30
Use props
egrrr
New
Russia

Same problem on new mavic platinum. everything out of focus
2018-1-5
Use props
Beeworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

Likewise. I presumed it was a setting issue as I'm still finding my way round the Mavic and focussing on familiarising myself with piloting then I'll start getting in depth with the optics, but the few stills I've grabbed from the DJI Go app are soft. Video downloaded directly from the SD card looks sharp, but like I said, still very much a newbie when it comes to all the features in the Mavic so could be me ...
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The common solution to this is to reset the camera within the app, calibrate the gimbal and reboot the drone. Ensure you have good lighting too
2018-1-5
Use props
Bippie69
New
Flight distance : 25725 ft
Australia

egrrr Posted at 2018-1-5 03:22
Same problem on new mavic platinum. everything out of focus

Same here!! have tried all troubleshooting tips! thinking it has to go in for warranty work! Anyone know the best/fastest way to do that in Oz??
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

No focusing problems with my Mavic Pro.  It has latest firmware.  
Along with RC and CrystalSky having latest firmware.
2018-5-1
Use props
Bippie69
New
Flight distance : 25725 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-1 18:56
No focusing problems with my Mavic Pro.  It has latest firmware.  
Along with RC and CrystalSky having latest firmware.

Any idea of best way to lodge warranty quickly?? thx
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Bippie69 Posted at 2018-5-1 19:11
Any idea of best way to lodge warranty quickly?? thx

I did it online via DJI's webpage.  I did have trouble, because DJI's selection did not have CrystalSky Ultra-brite.  That should not be an issue with Mavic Pro.

I believe this is Link I started from: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-5-1
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

It's an obvious tip but sometimes missed or overlooked. Make sure you are not in the manual focus mode, I have inadvertently switched to manual on more than one occasion.
2018-5-1
Use props
Spec Oops
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Having the same problems. Top quarter is in focus, bottom three quarters out of focus. Have tried all the usual resets, aircraft, app, camera settings, swap pal to NTSC and back, recalibrate gimbal, reset camera settings, changed battery, swap auto focus to manual. It's happened a few times before, but one day blurry next day crisp focus. Waiting to see what DJI support say. Very frustrating when on holiday for limited time, want to take video/photos and it's all blurry!!!
Screenshot_20180630-191704.jpg
Screenshot_20180630-191653.jpg
2018-6-30
Use props
fans7ee18633
lvl.1
United States

The DJI Mavic Pro 2 camera going out of focus is becoming a very common error that DJI is simply not addressing. I've been dealing with their telephone customer support and it's like talking with robots. Here are a few common fixes that 'might' help your situation. If none of these work, then you need to hope your drone is still under whatever bogus warranty DJI provies or that the retailer will help you with an exchange. I bought my Mavic Pro 2 through an authorized retailer via Amazon and DJI basically told me to deal with them only. Here are the fixes:

1. Insure all firmware is up to date
2. Reset camera settings
3. Un-install and re-install DJI Go 4 app (and then make sure firmware is up to date again)
4. Format you SD card
5. Try a different SD card
6. Try a different mobile/tablet device
7. Calibrate IMU

If you're unsure how to do anything above then just Google it, most of it is pretty easy to find in the settings and menu areas.

If none of the above helps and fixes the out of focus camera issue, then you have to deal with sending the drone to DJI to have them fix it for a fee, or hoping your retailer will exchange the product.

Either way, this is a serious issue for a very expensive piece of camera equipment that DJI is addressing on forums by replying with "Have you reset your camera settings, are you using manual focus!? Can you send me a screenshot!?" and then just hoping the original post author gives up. If the original post author replies and follows through, DJI usually goes silent or provides a generic reply on the forums. Telephone support is a robotic joke.

Prepare to pay for a fix most likely.

DJI - if you're actually reading, dedicate more revenue to customer service, it's only a matter of time before another company steps up in the market with better service, don't get left behind.

Good luck.
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules