123Next >
8033 103 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

I updated to Version 4.1.18 last night and tried to fly today. Saw that the GPS is greyed out and not showing number of satellites, even when the home point updated is announced and during flight. Also all the speed, vertical height and distance all either showing N/A or zero even after takeoff. Those info were there before the update. I uninstall and reinstalled twice and the problem still persisted. Anyone experiencing the same?
2017-11-17
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes...If you use OTG. Try WiFi!
2017-11-17
Use props
Krrisstoff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I do not see an update to 4.1.18. I wonder what was added to this update?
2017-11-17
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Krrisstoff Posted at 2017-11-17 05:55
I do not see an update to 4.1.18. I wonder what was added to this update?

I don't see 4.1.18 yet either.
2017-11-17
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-11-17 07:09
I don't see 4.1.18 yet either.

WHAT'S NEW
Mavic Pro:
- Added Pano shooting
modes (with firmware v 1.4.1.0 or above).

Spark:
- Improved Pano shooting
- Optimized firmware updating by
combining aircraft and remote controller firmware downloads.

Editor:
- Added an
AutoEdit button to the Playback menu, allowing users to quickly create and
share short videos.
- Added Auto
PinPoint mode, which recognizes the best parts of shots you select and puts
them into an editing project.

General:
- Added the Knowledge Quiz for users in the US.
2017-11-17
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2017-11-17
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

Still not yet on iOS, that’s the first on android
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the model of your mobile device? Is your drone the latest firmware? Please provide a screenshot of the DJI GO 4 app for further check.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

Thanks for your reply Elektra,  I finally got it to work. My phone is Samsung Galaxy note 4 and I own the Spark.  I always connect phone using OTG.  I read in this forum that dji recommend to not use OTG,  I connected phone to RC with wifi and everything is working now.  Why dji don't want user to connect RC to phone using OTC?  I find OTG gives more stable FPV image.
2017-11-17
Use props
ciwir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342444 ft
  • >>>
Poland

have the same problem , i now used wifi and everything works ok but i see sometimes disconnection errors and FPV not so stable, i hape that they will update app and we will be able to fly with OTG
2017-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Otg may be causing the problem, I’ve just had a 5 minutes flight with 4.1.18 everything is fine,
2017-11-18
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

Yup theyve broken the telemetry feed over OTG cable in 4.1.18, and the wifi seems a little choppy too... wonder what the app is doing.....  back to 4.1.15 and OTG is still ok.  If you like OTG ( I reckon the feed is always smoother that way) back to v4.1.15.... https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-15-release/  
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ciwir Posted at 2017-11-18 07:01
have the same problem , i now used wifi and everything works ok but i see sometimes disconnection errors and FPV not so stable, i hape that they will update app and we will be able to fly with OTG

Please ensure there is no interference around your spark. Did you try to calibrate the IMU before flight? It may fix the problem of your FPV.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans1aa37bca Posted at 2017-11-17 21:40
Thanks for your reply Elektra,  I finally got it to work. My phone is Samsung Galaxy note 4 and I own the Spark.  I always connect phone using OTG.  I read in this forum that dji recommend to not use OTG,  I connected phone to RC with wifi and everything is working now.  Why dji don't want user to connect RC to phone using OTC?  I find OTG gives more stable FPV image.

Sorry that OTG is not tested and may bring new problems when you use your spark. Thanks for your understanding. You can report to us if there is any problem when you use wifi connection.
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Sorry, i did not see this topic before
Had the same problem, not OTG related, b/c it happened on my OP5 also in wifi.
Strangely, my mediapad M3 was on 4.1.15 and had this on OTG, but was fine on wifi
Which inspired some thoughts about DJI is maybe trying to eliminate OTG use by software changes?
Also it did lead to getting back to 4.1.14 on both devices:
Fine, everything like it should!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-120380-1-1.html
2017-11-20
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 02:28
Sorry that OTG is not tested and may bring new problems when you use your spark. Thanks for your understanding. You can report to us if there is any problem when you use wifi connection.

OTG was excellent in 4.1.10 to 4.1.15.   Please tell us DJI isn't doing this deliberately for some reason by releasing 4.1.18...
2017-11-20
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

Ver 4.1.18 seems like DJI's deliberate effort to stop you from using OTG and FCC. If you use either one of those two or both, 4.1.18 disabled BOTH. yes, they will say it's not supported but it was working all the way to 4.1.15, so, clearly they did something to stop OTG and now FCC too
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Beejay81 Posted at 2017-11-20 03:09
OTG was excellent in 4.1.10 to 4.1.15.   Please tell us DJI isn't doing this deliberately for some reason by releasing 4.1.18...

I don't think so. I think OTG is unstable. That's why we always recommend users use WIFI connection instead.
2017-11-20
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 23:46
I don't think so. I think OTG is unstable. That's why we always recommend users use WIFI connection instead.

OTG is very stable on many phones... if the software guys don't break it.... It provides better video and telemetry feeds because the RC only needs to handle one wifi handshake.  This gives better range and less wifi disconnects.  The has been all over the forums and youtube all year so this in not a sensible answer.... Yes wifi works but the performance is so much worse...
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Beejay81 Posted at 2017-11-21 02:10
OTG is very stable on many phones... if the software guys don't break it.... It provides better video and telemetry feeds because the RC only needs to handle one wifi handshake.  This gives better range and less wifi disconnects.  The has been all over the forums and youtube all year so this in not a sensible answer.... Yes wifi works but the performance is so much worse...

If you fly your spark with wifi and find the same problem or bad performance, please inform us for assistant.
2017-11-21
Use props
TimdeG
lvl.1
Netherlands

Why is dji not supporting OTG?
It's more stable and i'm able to fly in 2,4 ghz in europe.
Without OTG or a good wifi connection the spark is useless in europe.
2017-11-21
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Not stable if using WiFi to fly the Spark (too many interference between the smartphone and the Spark), even with RC. OTG make it solid so if DJI remove the OTG support in the future, I think many people would quit.
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

funny story, but till i had 4.1.18 on my OP5, the OTG connection was working perfect.
And it is, since 4.1.14 is back on my device.
Which leads to the conclusion that there are some changes made in the go4 app,  causing a 'unstable' OTG connection.
On Spark only, of course, right?
Or is anything known about unstable OTG connections on other DJI drones or the CS?
'Weird' it is, isnt it?
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-21 19:59
funny story, but till i had 4.1.18 on my OP5, the OTG connection was working perfect.
And it is, since 4.1.14 is back on my device.
Which leads to the conclusion that there are some changes made in the go4 app,  causing a 'unstable' OTG connection.

Please note that CS needs to build wifi connection with spark while it connects the RC with OTG cable. Please learn more through more website.
CS.JPG
2017-11-22
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Australia

I hope DJI stay's sincere to the "other mobile devices" promise    -  because OTG to the spark has already worked excellently with alot of devices until they broke it in 4.1.18....   its not a new function that needs to be added even its not officially tested and supported.... but it sure feels like DJI is trying to take something that worked away from us for some reason.... or honest mistake with coding library that affects spark.  
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Beejay81 Posted at 2017-11-22 01:35
I hope DJI stay's sincere to the "other mobile devices" promise    -  because OTG to the spark has already worked excellently with alot of devices until they broke it in 4.1.18....   its not a new function that needs to be added even its not officially tested and supported.... but it sure feels like DJI is trying to take something that worked away from us for some reason.... or honest mistake with coding library that affects spark.

The situation was reflected. I believe our engineers will do their best to optimize our products.
2017-11-22
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-22 02:01
The situation was reflected. I believe our engineers will do their best to optimize our products.

Thank you Elektra... what we like to hear...
2017-11-22
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-11-21 19:28
Not stable if using WiFi to fly the Spark (too many interference between the smartphone and the Spark), even with RC. OTG make it solid so if DJI remove the OTG support in the future, I think many people would quit.

It is the perceived lack of transparency  that is annoyting me.  If the release notes explain that they are removing OTG use...fine, I'll get the message and I'll decide if I want to continue with the Spark or not.

Their apparent sneaking in of fixes not covered in the released notes (if they is what are doing ) is not the way i like to be treated as a customer.

As a hobbyist, I'm part of this market for fun and photography; if they're going to make things more awkward than they need to be (I've been flying RC gliders for years with no hassle), I'll drop DJI for ever.

Neil

2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-22 08:37
It is the perceived lack of transparency  that is annoyting me.  If the release notes explain that they are removing OTG use...fine, I'll get the message and I'll decide if I want to continue with the Spark or not.

Their apparent sneaking in of fixes not covered in the released notes (if they is what are doing ) is not the way i like to be treated as a customer.

We didn't release any news that we will remove the OTG cable, but we still recommend users use wifi connection instead. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-22 08:37

DJI have stated on many occasions in posts on here that OTG is untested. Its undocumented probably because its not something they are working on just yet (I'm sure they are working on other things *25fps cough cough*). Sure it might work but because its untested, anything that happens is on you.
2017-11-23
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-23 03:16
We didn't release any news that we will remove the OTG cable, but we still recommend users use wifi connection instead. Thanks for your cooperation.

I know, and that is exactly my point...there was nothing in the release notes, but patently the functionality (albeit unsupported funationaliy) was removed.
The ommission/change, accidental or not, has had a significant impact on how the Spark performs, I don't accept that DJI wouldn't have known this impact.  
If this were a £50 toy, we would not be debating this, but it cost me £700 (the price of 3 PS4's for some context :-))

I sooooo much want to enjoy my Spark, it's potentially a wonderful piece of kit, but the EU restrictions and DJI's apparent dumbing down of it's capabilities, are sucking the fun out of owning it :-(

On WiFi, I lose video connection at 70 metres...My spark will be on Ebay if it is not resolved (I know I can use an old APP version, but that really isn't the point)

Thank you for your reply though, you can probably tell I'm frustrated after spending lots a money, it's nothing personal :-)
2017-11-23
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-11-23 04:14
DJI have stated on many occasions in posts on here that OTG is untested. Its undocumented probably because its not something they are working on just yet (I'm sure they are working on other things *25fps cough cough*). Sure it might work but because its untested, anything that happens is on you.

I dont disagree with you on the untested/unsupported point but they are also very aware that until now, they have not blocked it's functionality.
Considering that it's not a cheap toy, I think I would have appreciated a footnote on the release details at least acknowledging (out of respect for their customers)...along the lines of

*** We are aware that some users might be using an OTG cable.  As this is not something that we have tested, or can support, we have now removed this capability ***

I think this market is desperate for true competion for DJI that'll focuss their mind...GoPro missed the mark massively with their drone...where are the major RC plane/glider players?  Why are they not providing credible competition yet?

It took me months to negotiate with my wife to buy this, I haven't got the courage to tell her that it's not as good as I thought, she'll go crazy  hahaha

2017-11-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-23 06:34
I know, and that is exactly my point...there was nothing in the release notes, but patently the functionality (albeit unsupported funationaliy) was removed.
The ommission/change, accidental or not, has had a significant impact on how the Spark performs, I don't accept that DJI wouldn't have known this impact.  
If this were a £50 toy, we would not be debating this, but it cost me £700 (the price of 3 PS4's for some context :-))

-(I know I can use an old APP version, but that really isn't the point)-

But it is a workaround, for now!
And gives you time, to find a excuse for your wife.
2017-11-23
Use props
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

Updated to 4.1.18 this morning took spark for a fly, using RC no OTG and it started,hovered 3" and jumped all over the place then took off straight up and back hit a tree fell to the ground and would not shut off. Tried to land before it took off on me and it wouldnt land.. Kept saying "landing" but never did then would even let me cancel landing... I have video of erratic behavior
2017-11-23
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Un33kone Posted at 2017-11-23 07:20
Updated to 4.1.18 this morning took spark for a fly, using RC no OTG and it started,hovered 3" and jumped all over the place then took off straight up and back hit a tree fell to the ground and would not shut off. Tried to land before it took off on me and it wouldnt land.. Kept saying "landing" but never did then would even let me cancel landing... I have video of erratic behavior

Feel sorry for you. Did you update by accident? I will let my Spark on 4.1.15 and fw. 701.
Unasked I find the fw. 600 on 4.1.9 the best combo for me  (Huawei p8Lite) I was able to analize the wifi channels with the red an blue bars. These bars I have´nt seen in the new app version. Why?
Now I can see only a 32 channel chart, no bars...

Also this custom & auto does not do anything, so I decided to go with OTG.

Spark is cool. But App...
2017-11-23
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hey! The offline maps have disapparated with 4.1.18 on my Oneplus 5. Also the radio signal bars are all empty. Moving back to 4.1.15
2017-11-23
Use props
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for concern! I just hope it doesn't happen to other people Him all is all scratched up, lost a prop, light... It's all messed up! I have insurance bit I don't think I should have to use it for a software issue.. Can Electra chime in?
2017-11-23
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I’m new to the Spark community but not new to RC and prior to my early retirement I was involved in Space Communications for 25years so it’s safe to say I have a reasonable technical head on my shoulders.
My current setup is the Spark using the controller coupled to my iPad Air using DJI-Go 4.1.17. I’m also in the UK.

At the weekend I was at my local flying club and while hovering in the air at a distance of only 50 feet another member fired up his race quad equipped with a 25mW video transmitter. Immediately I lost video connection to the Spark. Next I disabled the WiFi on the iPad and connected to the RC controller via an OTG cable and flew out to the same 50 foot mark. The member powered up his race quad again and there was no disconnect. In fact I flew to a distance of 600 feet and still had a good video link with little latency.

In summary the OTG connection might not be DJI’s preferred method of linking a smart device to the Spark’s controller but it has been tested to death by the community and proven to be so much more reliable, certainly in RF busy environments, than the WiFi connection. Due to the CE power limits of the control and video link to the Spark any method to ensure a reliable connection between the user and the craft, especially for us Europeans, would surely be in DJI’s best interests. To take away that security via an App update is essentially raising the middle finger to the customer.

Regards

Nidge
2017-11-23
Use props
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

Didn't update by accident just didn't know it had issues.. Most updates before Spark wouldn't even fly and when I would get to a job would have to take time to update so now I update and check it out day before job and this is what I get
2017-11-23
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-23 06:58
-(I know I can use an old APP version, but that really isn't the point)-

But it is a workaround, for now!

Genius plan!!!
2017-11-24
Use props
123Next >