Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Verison 4.1.18 dated 16 Nov 2017 issues
123Next >
7974 103 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

2017-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is , isnt't it?
2017-11-24
Use props
iamburny
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI provide functionality within the DJI Go App that allows you to Live stream the Spark's video feed via Facebook and Youtube (among others) I have tried this and its works (if a little choppy), however if we are forced to use WiFi to connect to the controller how is this every going be achievable? we will not be able to connect to the internet for said streaming services?  as far as I can see the only way to do this is to use an OTG cable to connect to the controller and have the DJI Go app connected to the Internet via Wifi or 4G.

Am I missing something? as the same applies to the Live Map mode, the map has to be downloaded to be viewed.

I want to retain an internet connection while I fly for many reasons, and do not want to dedicate my Wifi connection to connect to a device mere centimetres from my phone when a cable is much better suited to that purpose.

Matt

2017-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

iamburny Posted at 2017-11-24 05:02
DJI provide functionality within the DJI Go App that allows you to Live stream the Spark's video feed via Facebook and Youtube (among others) I have tried this and its works (if a little choppy), however if we are forced to use WiFi to connect to the controller how is this every going be achievable? we will not be able to connect to the internet for said streaming services?  as far as I can see the only way to do this is to use an OTG cable to connect to the controller and have the DJI Go app connected to the Internet via Wifi or 4G.

Am I missing something? as the same applies to the Live Map mode, the map has to be downloaded to be viewed.

Sat view is only possible if online, too!

All good reasons, that OTG  NEEDS to be tested and supported 100% if the Spark is sold for android devices
2017-11-24
Use props
Virgil Quick
First Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

On an iOS device, how do you go back to an older version of the GO 4 app?  It doesn't not appear that the App Store will allow prior versions to be downloaded.
2017-11-24
Use props
sibu
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

All this is due to the SPARK software version 0.7000...The RC and SPARK is losing communication link during mid flight or while landing...I downgraded the firmware using NLD software and not DJI software and it worked super fine linking was a cool breeze and flight was absolutely stable...
The problem is after using the current version, downgrading through DJI assistant to 0.6000 version also does not correct the software issue...therefore I was forced to use the NLD software...

2017-11-24
Use props
rxdeath
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 23:46
I don't think so. I think OTG is unstable. That's why we always recommend users use WIFI connection instead.

i have a thread with the same problem, and similar nonsense from 'elektra'.

what you THINK is irrelevent, all your users are saying it worked fine, until your app engineers explictly broke it.  i've used it for 4 months on 3 different devices flawlessly, but .18 comes out and they all magically become 'unstable'?  don't buy the lies, they ruined it on purpose to eventually force us onto their overpriced crystal sky device.
2017-11-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

rxdeath Posted at 2017-11-24 12:43
i have a thread with the same problem, and similar nonsense from 'elektra'.

what you THINK is irrelevent, all your users are saying it worked fine, until your app engineers explictly broke it.  i've used it for 4 months on 3 different devices flawlessly, but .18 comes out and they all magically become 'unstable'?  don't buy the lies, they ruined it on purpose to eventually force us onto their overpriced crystal sky device.

Please stop with your either uncontrolled or driven by other motivations postings in this forum. Enough is enough!
2017-11-24
Use props
PixelSyndicate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I experienced some issues as well, but didn't consider it was happening with the cable only.

Here's my experience... The DJI Go app suggested I contact support regarding this, but I thought i'd go to the forums first.

With the latest software and firmware updates, I've noticed twice in two days that the 'auto-land' button is disabled while in mid-flight, and the 'auto take-off' is enabled. By this i mean the on-screen icon is greyed out for return-to-home / land. While i mid-flight I tested to see if perhaps the issue was with the visuals of the UI along, but it wasn't clickable either. I clicked the 'auto take-off' icon while in flight and got the confirmation slider. Sliding it to confirm take-off provided an error stating I should contact DJI support.

I'm using Android.

Steps to duplicate:
DJI GO 4 > Auto Take-off > (fly a bit)

The only way i was able to select 'return to home' was from my controller, and even than just started the landing cycle, and didn't return to home as it previously did before the update.

Wil
2017-11-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

PixelSyndicate Posted at 2017-11-24 15:16
I experienced some issues as well, but didn't consider it was happening with the cable only.

Here's my experience... The DJI Go app suggested I contact support regarding this, but I thought i'd go to the forums first.

Thank you very much for these additional observations that will certainly help to make the next version of the app working as it should again! For the time being it can only be recommended to return to DJI GO 4 version 4.1.15 which is working pretty well.
2017-11-24
Use props
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

And the crash after update this ought to be totally enough for them to fix and replace my spark
2017-11-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Un33kone Posted at 2017-11-24 16:00

And the crash after update this ought to be totally enough for them to fix and replace my spark

Would you mind uploading your relevant flight records to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and share the results with us? I have the strong impression that there were more factors in place than just the latest app version.
You will find the flight records in the DJI folder on your mobile device.
2017-11-24
Use props
Un33kone
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-24 16:06
Would you mind uploading your relevant flight records to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and share the results with us? I have the strong impression that there were other factors in place than just the latest app version.
You will find the flight records in the DJI folder on your mobile device.

sure no problem
2017-11-24
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Wahlburger how about u let other users explain how they feel and mind your business....thanks good day
2017-11-24
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Wahlburger its obvious the app is borked dji screwed up again and should fix it. This forum is wild smh
2017-11-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-11-24 17:50
Wahlburger its obvious the app is borked dji screwed up again and should fix it. This forum is wild smh

I fully agree that there are serious issues with the latest app version which need to be fixed and hope that they can be identified all.
2017-11-25
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Taking away the working OTG connection with the controller is just bull****. Now the users are forced to use the more unstable and more energy hungry WiFi connection. Great...

Btw: Anyone noticed the update policy for the Android version? I've updated to 4.1.18 and a day later another 19 MB update appeared. I guess a hotfix?
2017-11-25
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-25 08:11
Taking away the working OTG connection with the controller is just bull****. Now the users are forced to use the more unstable and more energy hungry WiFi connection. Great...

Btw: Anyone noticed the update policy for the Android version? I've updated to 4.1.18 and a day later another 19 MB update appeared. I guess a hotfix?

I suspect that small update was just to add black friday ad
2017-11-25
Use props
marikello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

iamburny Posted at 2017-11-24 05:02

I actually was thinking the same, how can I live stream if I can't? Use WiFi and 4g at the same time simultaneously on android device (have no clue about is) . Or can I?
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

You can, at least on my device (LG G3). If the wifi can't see internet, it connects to the internet with cellular. You can most probably set your device to do that in Settings.
In my device it's a checkbox under Settings - Networks - WiFi.
2017-11-25
Use props
marikello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-11-25 13:32
You can, at least on my device (LG G3). If the wifi can't see internet, it connects to the internet with cellular. You can most probably set your device to do that in Settings.
In my device it's a checkbox under Settings - Networks - WiFi.

Mine Huawei P10 seems don't have this option, or I haven't figured out yet how. Funny thing is that dji Electra suggested to use IPhone... Think it's appalling that I have to buy iOS just to fly with better connection and stream online... Is DJI owned by apple or its just coincidence?
2017-11-26
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Rumous are that Apple are buying DJI...just a rumour though...
http://appleinsider.com/articles ... -customer-crossover

This quote below isn't a rumour though and so for me, after only a month, I'm selling my Spark,   When I spend £700, I expect that feeling of value, quality and fun...and most of my photography related purchases have made me feel this way.  The DJI purchase has just been an irritation from day one and DJI are showing no intention of improving the experience.  Even GoPro listens to customers, DJI are laughing at us.
My orginal intent was to get the Spark, then if I liked it, upgrade to the Mavic Pro.  No chance!

Christian Struwe, head of European public policy at drone maker DJI told BBC Breakfast: "The good thing is that as an industry we are already working on it. We can limit how high they can fly."[/b]

What a spineless, obtuse, backward thinking organsaition.  I'm so disappointed!   
2017-11-26
Use props
Locationscout_B
Captain
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-26 04:17
http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/03/02/drone-maker-djis-new-apple-partnership-inspired-by-customer-crossover

no rumors, just a interview you can read if you want.

http://dasfilter.com/technik-wis ... ische-modellflieger

You will be smart enough (as you´re owning a drone) to use google translate, because its only in english.
2017-11-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Locationscout_B Posted at 2017-11-26 05:41
no rumors, just a interview you can read if you want.

http://dasfilter.com/technik-wissen/drohnen-und-politik-ein-interview-ueber-flugsicherheit-schwierige-eu-gesetze-und-muerrische-modellflieger

Thank you for sharing the link. Very interesting and good interview.
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Israel

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-26 04:17
http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/03/02/drone-maker-djis-new-apple-partnership-inspired-by-customer-crossover

You do see the date on your link, don't you?
Look at the date of that German interview too...
2017-11-26
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-11-26 08:00
You do see the date on your link, don't you?
Look at the date of that German interview too...

Yes, but only since I've owned a DJI product have I needed to look.  
2017-11-26
Use props
nullr0ute
New
Flight distance : 14941 ft
Netherlands

My experience with 4.1.18 was so bad that I downgraded back to 4.1.15. Let's wait until DJI sorts this out.
2017-11-26
Use props
fans2a392238
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299 ft
United States

Beejay81 Posted at 2017-11-20 02:17
Yup theyve broken the telemetry feed over OTG cable in 4.1.18, and the wifi seems a little choppy too... wonder what the app is doing.....  back to 4.1.15 and OTG is still ok.  If you like OTG ( I reckon the feed is always smoother that way) back to v4.1.15.... https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/

There are 2 variants of 4.1.15 on the apkmirror site.  What's the difference between them?  I can't find any useful info on the page.
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Israel

Most probably one is more suited for tablets.
2017-11-26
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-11-17 07:09
I don't see 4.1.18 yet either.

Hi,

I saw your video ! Thanks for telling me that pano mode will come later
2017-11-27
Use props
DOWSETT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392234 ft
United States

I've only experienced 4.1.18 with otg; what new adventures will I experience, once whatever is fixed ?
2017-11-28
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fans2a392238 Posted at 2017-11-26 11:43
There are 2 variants of 4.1.15 on the apkmirror site.  What's the difference between them?  I can't find any useful info on the page.

I heard that 1 for phone and 2 for tablet.
2017-11-28
Use props
_KERBEROS_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

I Confirm that app DJI GO 4.1.18 from November 28, 2017 have support OTG, but with problems. For example auto landing doesn't work.
2017-11-28
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

_KERBEROS_ Posted at 2017-11-28 11:29
I Confirm that app DJI GO 4.1.18 from November 28, 2017 have support OTG, but with problems. For example auto landing doesn't work.

well i didnt noticed the update till today then after updating i noticed that there is a problem on landing as well as no battery info on the app screen, of course i was using the OTG, then i decided to reinstall the app and still the same problem, then i came here to see all this issues of the update.
So i decided to use WIFI and all the info and the landing was on the screen.
So am not sure if what is happening to me is happening with everyone else?
I connect the OTG i dont get battery info (charging level, low battery warning level, voltage) the min i connect wifi i get all the info.
Well am not going to repeat what have been said, but for me my major issue will be i wont be able to use cellular data while on Wifi, am android Samsung J5 Pro so the location and GPS wont work if am connecting Wifi to RC, unless there is something am missing .
I used the OTG and i loved it i wish it will get back to normal soon.
2017-11-28
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-11-28 13:06
well i didnt noticed the update till today then after updating i noticed that there is a problem on landing as well as no battery info on the app screen, of course i was using the OTG, then i decided to reinstall the app and still the same problem, then i came here to see all this issues of the update.
So i decided to use WIFI and all the info and the landing was on the screen.
So am not sure if what is happening to me is happening with everyone else?

Dude, have you even read post #1 in this thread?

In short: there's no official support that OTG works with the Spark since this is software code developed for the Mavic. That it has worked is just a "happy accident"...

Btw: there was another 18MB update in the Play Store for GO 4. It still says version 4.1.18. I wonder what that's all about...

Edit: Ok, I've tried it - OTG still does not work...
2017-11-29
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-29 02:48
Dude, have you even read post #1 in this thread?  

In short: there's no official support that OTG works with the Spark since this is software code developed for the Mavic. That it has worked is just a "happy accident"...

I did And i don't  think i said anything differently.
ye i got that patch of update let me see if it will correct anything or not, but i doubt as you just mentioned it didnt change anything
2017-11-29
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Looks like more issues related to dropping otg support
2017-11-30
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Israel

yet another patch, day after day. This is beginning to look like panic.
Which is actually good, it means DJI acknowledges something is deeply wrong.
i just wish they were a little more forthcoming toward us in telling us what issues they recognize and intend to fix, what's being solved by each iteration, etc. I think as customers it's really the bare minimum we deserve.
2017-11-30
Use props
fans54d746fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48720 ft
Malaysia

I'm new in Dji Spart... I bought Combo Spark on the 2nd Disember 2017 using all the latest firmware and apps but it does no support otg on wifi yes its worked. I'ved downgrade my apps Dji Go 4 ver4.1.18 to Dji Go 4 ver4.1.05 its really work, so until now I'm using ver4.1.05,
2017-12-9
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Its now a week later since 29 nov last update of the 4.1.18 and DJI still not fixed this major issue.
2017-12-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules