Do I need a CASA RPA license for drone photography?
828 5 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hyronical
New

Australia

Before I make recieve my Mavic, I'm wondering do I need an RPA license for photographing from my drone? I'm not doing it for economical gain, but after looking around I haven't seen much on it other than "uploading videos to YouTube counts as economical gain".
Thanks
2017-11-17
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Yes you do just to fly, it’s a really simple process to register through the CASA website and you just have to wait a few days and you are good to go.

The license you get allows commercial use as long as the RPAS is under a certain weight, can remember how much but it’s all there.

Enjoy!
2017-11-17
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

No you don’t need to register if you are not flying commercially in Australia

You need to register if you are flying for commercial gain. If the craft is under 2kg then for commercial you only need to register and part of the registration is telling them where you intend to fly (Sunshine Coast for example). Registration is also free. I registered just for peace of mind that I could charge if I wanted to. Registration is valid for 2 years.

If you fly over 2kg then you need the full license, that costs... Saw an add for a training course/license endorsement for $699.
2017-11-17
Use props
Hyronical
New

Australia

SeaComms Posted at 2017-11-17 14:52
No you don’t need to register if you are not flying commercially in Australia

You need to register if you are flying for commercial gain. If the craft is under 2kg then for commercial you only need to register and part of the registration is telling them where you intend to fly (Sunshine Coast for example). Registration is also free. I registered just for peace of mind that I could charge if I wanted to. Registration is valid for 2 years.

Thank you! And also, is there a minimum age you need to be?
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When it comes to local regualtions, you can go through here for more info. And also hope native pilots help to give answers.
2017-11-18
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Hyronical Posted at 2017-11-18 16:03
Thank you! And also, is there a minimum age you need to be?

There doesn't seem to be any age restrictions that I can see.
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules