2786 26 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I got a P4P+ and I was wondering how the heck do I install Ground Station Pro on the integrated tablet...?
Couldn't find any info....I'm worried that I'm out of luck on this one...or am I wrong?
Thanks for any info.
2017-11-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't think it supports third party apps.
2017-11-17
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-17 08:00
Don't think it supports third party apps.

GS Pro is DJI OFFICIAL
2017-11-17
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

As far as I know “Ground Station Pro” is an App currently only for Apple IOS. The last information I read was from DJI SUSAN on 27. August and there was no information available for an Android release. As it is, it is unsuitable for the p4p+. Further more I believe ALABAMA 2# is right and the p4p+ does not support third party Apps, whether it would support a new release of GSP is unknown. Solution, buy a new controller for the p4p and use an iPad.
2017-11-17
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

It's pretty sad that iOS devices get more support than DJI custom built ones.Kinda feels a ripoff.
DJI oughta ask Apple to make tablets for their drones lol.
2017-11-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-18 01:46
It's pretty sad that iOS devices get more support than DJI custom built ones.Kinda feels a ripoff.
DJI oughta ask Apple to make tablets for their drones lol.

Aloha Elettrone,

Actually, it is not all that bad.  The new CrystalSky Android system does now support up to 20 Third Party apps.  But still, none of those are the GS Pro because, as noted, it is only for iOS.  The "Plus" Phantom 4 systems use a stripped down CrystalSky tablet.  But, there are a number of other technical and engineering programs you can choose from if - and that may be a big "IF" - the "Plus" P4 Phantoms do support the 20 apps noted for the CrystalSky tablets.  

Personally, I have no idea why DJI has not been able to configure an Adnroid version of GS Pro.  But by simply witnessing the DJI product introduction process and timeline, there may be a lot more going on than meets the eye.  

You might want to get one of the subscription maping products and learn how it works.  They often have a free introductory period to learn the system.  Then when DJI comes out with the GS Pro for Android, you will know enough to be able to use a program of that nature.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-18
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you for the kind information but the reason why I wanted to use the P4P with a mapping software is that I don't want to try it for the first time with my Inspire 2!
It's 2k vs 7k euros
And now that I have a CrystalSky I feel I should have gone with a standard P4P so I could chose what kind of tablet to use with the remote: iOS with low readability but more app options or CS with perfect readability and all it's android limitations.
At that time was the right choiche tho, even my iPad pro under direct sunlight is not ideal but being way better than standard iPad mini and iPad Air.
2017-11-18
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-18 02:33
Thank you for the kind information but the reason why I wanted to use the P4P with a mapping software is that I don't want to try it for the first time with my Inspire 2!
It's 2k vs 7k euros
And now that I have a CrystalSky I feel I should have gone with a standard P4P so I could chose what kind of tablet to use with the remote: iOS with low readability but more app options or CS with perfect readability and all it's android limitations.

Compatibility is a serious problem, has always been a problem, and as technologies develop it does not get easier. I also use an iPad Pro, even turned to max brightness and contrast it is not at its best in strong sunlight. I tend to conduct the setup, the checks and take off with the screen then switch to a set of goggles for the flight. This solution suits me fine but of course is still a compromise, which In terms of definition is “the expedient acceptance of standards that are lower than is desirable”. It looks like you are going to have to compromise too.
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, GS Pro now only support iPad version. It has not been available to Android device at the moment, thanks for you attention.
2017-11-18
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

Update firmware to new version 26-10-2018
Added support gs pro
But I don't know how!!
2018-10-26
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

Anyone know how?
2018-10-26
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

Dji thor you can describe please
2018-10-27
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

I also saw the support for gs pro noted in the release notes. I have the p4p+ and currently have no way to execute a flight plan for the purpose of 3d mapping. As a surveyor this makes my aircraft incapable of preforming the task i bought it for. Hard to understand why DJI would not support its own flight planning software.
2018-10-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 2018-10-30 17:49
I also saw the support for gs pro noted in the release notes. I have the p4p+ and currently have no way to execute a flight plan for the purpose of 3d mapping. As a surveyor this makes my aircraft incapable of preforming the task i bought it for. Hard to understand why DJI would not support its own flight planning software.

It's hard to understand why people keep buying it and expecting it to do what they want when the + model has never been able to load serious mapping apps since it was released two years ago.

The solution is to buy a non+ controller for your drone (the original and V2.0 are not compatible - if you have a V2.0, you need a V2.0 controller) and a tablet and use DroneDeploy or one of the other mapping apps.
If you really want to run GS Pro, it only runs on iPads.
2018-10-30
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

I also find it hard to understand why DJI doesn't support their own flight planning software on their top of the line Phantom drone. Thanks for your $0.02 captain obvious, may be hard to understand but your no help.
2018-10-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

soultannaim Posted at 2018-10-26 23:35
Update firmware to new version 26-10-2018
Added support gs pro
But I don't know how!!

The release note is likely referring to the aircraft firmware being compatible with GS Pro when it says added support for GS Pro. Not the RC firmware.

2018-10-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 2018-10-31 15:38
I also find it hard to understand why DJI doesn't support their own flight planning software on their top of the line Phantom drone. Thanks for your $0.02 captain obvious, may be hard to understand but your no help.

Here's some more obvious help.
Buyers who don't research what they are buying and simply assume it will do whatever they want are sometimes disappointed to find out it won't.
People have been complaining for two years that the P4 pro+ won't load 3rd party mapping apps.
it's not a secret and it's easy to find out with 2 minutes searching.

The solution is quite simple as I pointed out above and complaining that you were let down by not doing your research is pointless.

I also find it hard to understand why DJI doesn't support their own  flight planning software on their top of the line Phantom drone.
That's no great mystery.  GS pro is an iOS program and there is no Android version.
But that doesn't matter as the other mapping apps are better anyway.

Also the + model is no more top of the line than the non+ model is.
You either pay for the small but super bright monitor or you pay separately for your own suitable sized tablet and the cost is about the same.

2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

Captain obvious, still no help. Are you affiliated?
2018-10-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 2018-10-31 18:37
Captain obvious, still no help. Are you affiliated?

Perhaps I was too subtle or maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit.
There's no other way around your situation.
It's been that way since the P4 pro+ was released two years ago and it's pretty clear to anyone with an IQ above room temperature that it's not going to change.

If you want help here it is:
Go and buy a regular controller for your aircraft, buy a decent tablet, download DroneDeploy and get out there to do some mapping.

If you just want to whinge and moan, you are wasting your time here.
DJI aren't going to pay any attention or do anything.

2018-10-31
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 10-31 16:36
Here's some more obvious help.
Buyers who don't research what they are buying and simply assume it will do whatever they want are sometimes disappointed to find out it won't.
People have been complaining for two years that the P4 pro+ won't load 3rd party mapping apps.

True, but GS Pro is not precisely a "3rd party" app since afaik it's developed by DJI.
2018-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

P4P+_Brazil Posted at 11-1 02:25
True, but GS Pro is not precisely a "3rd party" app since afaik it's developed by DJI.

GS pro only exists as an iOS app.  The P4 pro+ runs Android.
But the P4 pro+ won't load any 3rd party mapping app OR GS pro.
... still after two years.
But people still keep buying it and complaining when they find out they can't use it for mapping.
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

Captain Obvious, it would seem your only here to spout off in the safety of your mothers basement. The fact that so many people are having the same issue should tell you there may be a slight issue with the lack of information concerning flight planning software compatibility. What I have learned from this process is 2 fold:
1. DJI has terrible customer support.
2. There are much more smart asses than helpful suggestions here.
2018-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 11-1 15:54
Captain Obvious, it would seem your only here to spout off in the safety of your mothers basement. The fact that so many people are having the same issue should tell you there may be a slight issue with the lack of information concerning flight planning software compatibility. What I have learned from this process is 2 fold:

You got that one right, smart ass.
2018-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 11-1 15:54
Captain Obvious, it would seem your only here to spout off in the safety of your mothers basement. The fact that so many people are having the same issue should tell you there may be a slight issue with the lack of information concerning flight planning software compatibility. What I have learned from this process is 2 fold:

Really?
What kind of helpful suggestions would you like?
I can only think of one suggestion that could help you now that you've bought without adequate research.
Nothing else is going to sort out your problem.
There would be plenty of buyers for a near-new Plus controller.
And you'd be out there doing mapping missions in a flash.
That's practical and helpful advice.
Are you too obtuse to be able to see it when it's presented to you?

2018-11-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 10-31 19:54
Perhaps I was too subtle or maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit.
There's no other way around your situation.
It's been that way since the P4 pro+ was released two years ago and it's pretty clear to anyone with an IQ above room temperature that it's not going to change.

"with an IQ above room temperature"

I just love these phrases; Fahrenheit maybe, Celsius more likely, but definitely not Kelvin ;-)
2018-11-1
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 11-1 17:25
"with an IQ above room temperature"

I just love these phrases; Fahrenheit maybe, Celsius more likely, but definitely not Kelvin ;-)

2.0.0 ---- Nov 2, 2018

Welcome to GS Pro 2.0! In this version, take your drone operations to the next level with new management features.

What’s new in GS Pro 2.0:

- Back up your flight mission data on the cloud.
- Build teams to organize pilots and aircrafts (Paid feature).
- Share flight data with your team members and collaborate on projects.
- Retrieve flight mission parameters.
- Use the flight parameters from other members.
- Monitor project progress and view
- Modifications from members. Set default flight parameters.

Some more exciting updates in GS Pro 2.0.0:

- 99-points cap for waypoint missions lifted! Now, simply plan your missions, and let GS Pro take care of the rest.
- NO MORE Copy & Edit for missions that have already been executed.
- Preview & Fly the mission directly, without the need to go through the Edit page.
- Supports Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-11-2
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

Guys i have my ntrip base and i have p4p v2+
ipad mini 4.
I can use the p4p i rtk mode ?
Any idea
2018-11-3
Use props