Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning! Always check your battery cell levels before flight!
3631 22 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

Flying yesterday with a TB48 I had an unexpected "Critical Low Battery" warning.
I was lucky because I was practicing ATTI flying in fairly strong winds in a flat open area.
If I had been out over water I would have surely lost the Inspire 1.
The battery was charged to 100% before the flight. The battery dropped from 52% to 8% in 1 second and I maneuvered the Insipre to a safe landing spot 16 seconds later landing with 4% battery.
I checked the cell levels after landing and found one cell was .32v less than the others.
When I recharged the battery that cell remained low and it has only charged to 57% before the over voltage protection kicks in.
I live in the Middle East and there is no DJI dealer in the country that I live. I bought the battery in Singapore and I am not sure when the next time I will be traveling there to be able to replace it.
Things that I have learned from this-
- Always check cell levels when changing batteries (also if in flight and going over water, un-recoverable terrain or people)
- Make sure the volume is on max for my IPad so I know instantly why the Inspire 1 is starting to go into landing mode unexpectedly!

Cheers

After landing

After landing

52% Battery

52% Battery

8% Battery

8% Battery

Landing with 4% Battery

Landing with 4% Battery

After charging

After charging
2015-4-12
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

Is the battery still claiming to be "fit for fight" after you charged it ... Or do you get a warning from it now ?
No ... Sorry ... i read your post again and I see that it cancel the charging procedure!

2015-4-12
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Wow.  I am glad that you were on the ball and landed safely   I have a TB47 that shows 1 cell at 0.1V lower than the rest.  I keep a close eye on this when I fly.  As the battery discharges in flight, the balancing circuitry seems to draw less from this cell and it balances itself out before landing.  Once recharged, it goes back to being 0.1V lower than the rest.
Yours is clearly damaged and you should replace it as soon as you can.  You make a great point, in that you should monitor the cells at least once on every flight with every battery.

Good luck.

Jason
2015-4-12
Use props
Bobbybee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the information, I will check mine from now on
2015-4-12
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

There're 3 official DJI dealers in UAE and a few other "un-official" ones (even that they purchase straight from DJI factory in China). Try contacting them and see if they can help you with some extra batteries or whatever else you need for your bird.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-4-12
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-12 18:55
There're 3 official DJI dealers in UAE and a few other "un-official" ones (even that they purchase s ...

Thanks for the info.

I am fortunate enough to have 6 more batteries... I will be watching those very closely!

Cheers
2015-4-12
Use props
leoamartinez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

That happen to me yesterday and i landed 300 meters away from the shoreline, my inspired sinked 30 feet underwater, now i am trying to get the flight log, but it is impossible right now i have to wait that the inspire dry... I dont know what to do!
2015-4-12
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

So sorry to hear...
2015-4-12
Use props
Doubleruk
New

United Kingdom

I had the same happen to me I updated the firmware and took it out for test its was not the same its just felt wrong
I try to return home however the bird would not come back the controls were all backwards and then the battery gave a critical warning
in more than 5-6mins flying time I managed to get it down with a fight
now the IMU switch will not let me calibrate I 'm now going to grind this bird until DJI sort this out as this from the beginning of updates has been a mess. going back to my PH2
so upset this is too much money for it not to be ' safe to fly 'can anyone give me a idea where to go from here?
2015-4-25
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

Ph02on Posted at 2015-4-12 18:22
Wow.  I am glad that you were on the ball and landed safely   I have a TB47 that shows 1 cell at 0 ...

The cells are healthy until they are over or under the .02v differential compared to the other cells....
2015-4-26
Use props
miketeel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure and add this to my pre-flight checklist.
2015-4-26
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
China

Hello sir,  Sorry to hear this battery problem but do not worry.  I will try best to help.

So would it be possible to send me a mail sharing your contact information. We can process the further
solutions.

Here is my mail add: zach.zhang@dji.com

Wait for your info. and have a nice day!
2015-4-26
Use props
piertex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370282 ft
Italy

DJI-zach Photos my two batteries with problems TB47-TB48.Help..
BATTERYISSUE.PNG
BATTERYTB48.PNG
BATTERIA2.PNG
2015-4-27
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
China

Thanks for your mail and images sir. The two battery you post again is ok. And we will help process the first TB48 one. Good day!
2015-4-27
Use props
River 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you think i have a problem with a battery that cell one show 4.13V  and all the rest of the cells are at 4.25V or 4.26? Its a T-47 with 26 recharges. Rehages does not change these numbers. Thanks for any advice.
2015-8-30
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

River 1 Posted at 2015-8-30 18:01
Do you think i have a problem with a battery that cell one show 4.13V  and all the rest of the cells ...

Is this info being shown, right after you charged the battery to 100%?
2015-8-30
Use props
River 1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-8-30 18:06
Is this info being shown, right after you charged the battery to 100%?

Yes the battery is fully charged .. no notices on app at all?
2015-8-30
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Probably more because the battery self discharged at some point, drain it till it dies completely and shuts itself if then recharge, should work again.
2015-8-31
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Shuts itself offi meant
2015-8-31
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

You would think it would be easy for DJI to program the software to warn us when this battery issue occurs.
2015-8-31
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thank you for the advice .. I dropped it to 5% and then recharged and it still showed a loss in cell #1
2015-8-31
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

They can't make bug free firmware when they beta test it, I wouldn't expect miracles, lol!  The self discharge screws with the accuracy of the reported available power and needs to be reset with the full drain till power off battery cycle procedure
2015-8-31
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

took the battery to 0% let it cool than full recharge and still showing cell one show 4.13V  and all the rest of the cells are at 4.25V or 4.26? Should i be concerned? Thanks for some advice and direction.. if you feel its risky i have not problem "trashing the battery" with 26 flights..
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules