Fly here or not due to risk
724 3 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Bought a iWatch for the wife from a local Best Buy.  Had to go back to buy a newer phone that it could connect to the watch as the wife's iPhone 5S is too obsolete.  While waiting for the huge mess to get sorted out, I thougth about getting the Spark out and getting some video.  I wanted a 20 foot high, top down video, of my scooter getting pulled out of the trunk.  I figured it would be handy to have a straight down shot of me stepping on the board and then riding out of frame.

The car was by itself in the parking lot but at each end of the parking row was 20 foot high, or higher, street lights.  Six of them formed a 100+ foot diameter circle around where I was going to hover the Spark.  I wasn't sure about how much interference those lights would give along with the busy strip mall type location likely having a lot of wifi signals.  There was lots of open space and I was going to keep the spark close and the flight short but,...

I think I will try the top down shot at an empty park then fake that it was at the mall to match up to mall riding round video.

2017-11-17
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Why not use Active Track with the lock on the car? This would help insure the trunk stays in frame.
2017-11-17
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2017-11-17 18:26
Why not use Active Track with the lock on the car? This would help insure the trunk stays in frame.

I think active track might have held it if it experienced radio interference.  I would have used it but I didn't want the compass to spin (metal light poles) or the RC to lose connection while not in active track.  Likely that it wasn't much of a risk but I figured I should fly elsewhere.

I did active track my parked truck once.  It stayed locked on the tailgate so the truck was not centered.  Hard to get the roof/whole truck to lock when it was 8-10 feet high.  Interesting that it picked a part of the truck to stay on.
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please enter the wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green at the place. Also, I would recommend you not fly toward the light as it will affect the vision system.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules