DJI GO app lag
1176 7 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391818 ft
United States

I have just recently bought a new phone and when i went out to fly the drone, the video feedback was super laggy. Is this a common problem with new phones? The link to my phone is below...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-11-17
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i use a huawei y5 and has no problem in the go app and litchi
2017-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Even my iPad Air2 Cellular, has a momentary lag, but it's so short, it's irrelevant.

I don't fly by the screen camera view, so I never even notice it.

But if flying long distant flights, that brief lag, may be a down side.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

Isn't it some times all the apps running in the back ground that really disturbs the power of the phone.....i was very lucky in the selection of my phone  as it has Got No Bloatware in it....many cell phones are full of junk and all that stuff running sure takes the fire power out  of the  (CPU).. processor and video processor !.Keep US informed what you  do....it might help others in the future here !
2017-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-11-17 10:14
Isn't it some times all the apps running in the back ground that really disturbs the power of the phone.....i was very lucky in the selection of my phone  as it has Got No Bloatware in it....many cell phones are full of junk and all that stuff running sure takes the fire power out  of the  (CPU).. processor and video processor !.Keep US informed what you  do....it might help others in the future here !

You should close all apps and fly with your device in Airplane mode...

See if that bit of change helps you any... Please report back, with your findings. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2017-11-17
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Force stop the Go app prior to use.
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alternatively, you can un-install the APP, delete all related files and re-install the APP to check again.
2017-11-18
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I'm running the Galaxy Tab S3 when I bought it the first thing I did was update the tablets software then I shut wifi off and deleted everything that wasn't required for the tablet to run got rid of music apps storage apps everything I then Installed DJI go then I used the forget WIFI connection for my home WIFI that way anytime I powered up the tablet it wouldn't automatically start updating anything on the tablet. all firmware is now downloaded through my lap top saved to the SD card and loaded from there the only time the tablet sees a WIFI connect up is to my drone I switched on airplane mode as well. I get zero noticeable lag I'm sure there is some in the system there always is, but I never get lag on the screen or even a slight hiccup even out to 12k feet which I don't fly very often unless I'm over the ocean. Lastly you will want to make sure whatever device you use has enough processor speed and Ram to permit lag free operation or keep it at a minimum.
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules