Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What to do before selling Mavic
8950 4 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AMarano
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys I’m selling my drone and want to know what steps to take before selling it in terms of possibly resetting it or wiping it.

I do not want to affect anything that will make the drone not work and I would like for the new buyer to have a pleasant experience.

What should I do before sending it to the new owner?
2017-11-17
Use props
AMarano
lvl.1
United States

also there is 2 months left on the dji care refresh i purchased that i would like the new owner to have so i don’t want to do anything to affect that
2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Discharge the batteries to 50%. Format the micro SD card. Reset to factory settings in assistant 2 and reinstall the FW to the latest version. Ensure that there are no faults or even slightly damaged props. Ensure it is well packaged and sent with insurance. Don't ship it until you have the money...
2017-11-17
Use props
AMarano
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-17 13:21
Discharge the batteries to 50%. Format the micro SD card. Reset to factory settings in assistant 2 and reinstall the FW to the latest version. Ensure that there are no faults or even slightly damaged props. Ensure it is well packaged and sent with insurance. Don't ship it until you have the money...

thanks for the reply
i can reinstall the firmware via the app correct?

just like when you update to the latest version?
2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AMarano Posted at 2017-11-17 14:19
thanks for the reply
i can reinstall the firmware via the app correct?

You can refresh the firmware using the app but the point is to reset the factory settings first which can only be done using Assistant 2 then update the FW. It's pointless just updating the existing firmware. TBH it really doesn't make any difference as long as the micro SD is formatted but resetting to factory settings will wipe the drone back to the day you unboxed it. If you don't have assistant 2/macbook then just pack it up.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules