Platinum low noise propellers.
1161 10 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Anyone want to chip in as a group and buy a load, postage expensive by the looks from DJI just for a set.

Do not trust Ebay a lot.

Maybe someone has a a good provider?  ( France )

I have the Mavic Pro but apparently the Platinum props work fine.  I would like the quieter ones, the Red Kites in my area really hassle me lol.

Thanks.
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can check the local authorized dealer from here: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

2017-11-18
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quietness may be in the ear of the beholder....

Cheers,
Ian
2017-11-18
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-11-18 02:14
Quietness may be in the ear of the beholder....

There must be a couple of dozen YouTube reviews of the 8331 propellers vs 8330 props - some more scientific than others.  The general consensus is pretty much in line with your video - there is a reduction in pitch and noise level - but its not a lot.  

I now just fly 8331 props - I think they are quieter  in practice.
2017-11-18
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Thanks for the replies and thanks Ian for the vid.
2017-11-18
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RocketChap Posted at 2017-11-18 03:11
There must be a couple of dozen YouTube reviews of the 8331 propellers vs 8330 props - some more scientific than others.  The general consensus is pretty much in line with your video - there is a reduction in pitch and noise level - but its not a lot.  

Yep
The general consensus is the lower pitch is less annoying and they (allegedly) reduce the frequencies that are most perceptible to human ears...  That's about it!   

Ian
2017-11-18
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-11-18 10:10
Yep
The general consensus is the lower pitch is less annoying and they (allegedly) reduce the frequencies that are most perceptible to human ears...  That's about it!   

Nope - sorry I don't agree with that - I know its the conclusion of your video - but its not a consensus on YouTube.  There are plenty of videos showing a measured noise reduction - it's more that just lower pitch.  Whether they are believable is another matter.

Billy Kyle   “A lot more quieter” 4 to 5 dB difference shown.
UpDownUnder – about 3dB noise reduction.
FlytPath - 3 to 4dB “Quieter”
Tom's Tech Time – average noise level 4.2dB quieter
Half Chrome 1.1dB – “slightly quieter”
Dragon7  1.8 to 4.5dB quieter
DJI Ferntech 6.0 dB quieter
Jonathan Tracey 1 – 3 dB quieter

2017-11-19
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RocketChap Posted at 2017-11-18 03:11

Yesterday I was in line with most YouTube findings and today I'm not?     Well, it's a very subjective difference, and I stand by the 1-2 dB difference, but out of all the videos I've since watched, this one probably gives the most comprehensive analysis and explains why such a small dB difference can translate to such a large perceived difference.

Cheers,
Ian

2017-11-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Used mine today for the first time. I thought they were marginally quieter. I like them a lot.
2017-11-19
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-11-19 13:05
Yesterday I was in line with most YouTube findings and today I'm not?     Well, it's a very subjective difference, and I stand by the 1-2 dB difference, but out of all the videos I've since watched, this one probably gives the most comprehensive analysis and explains why such a small dB difference can translate to such a large perceived difference.

Cheers,

Yes I watched the drone valley vid about a month ago.   I have a lot of respect for their work - they do some of the most comprehensive reviews and seem to know what they are talking about.  However as I commented at the time since its a video about the difference between the 2 blade types on the standard Mavic pro why did they start comparing the sound of the Standard Mavic Pro vs the Mavic Pro Platinum (at 12:44).  Its not the same thing as the new Platinum ESCs could also be contributing to the sound change.
2017-11-19
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Just got my Mavic Pro Platinum. I think the Platinum ESCs did most of the work for the sound change. much lower rpm than before.  
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules