phantom3 wont connect to controller
10264 10 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crashcreations
New
Flight distance : 2113 ft
United States

I have 2 Phantom 3 advance Drones, I have never had a problem and have flown them about 30 days ago, I took one out to go take pics for a friend and it wont connect to the remote, I have tried everything resetting, pressing the buttons on remote while shutting it down and starting it up, the problem is that I cant get pass the very start up on the DJ app, I have deleted the App and reinstalled , It allows me to pick my drone but that's it , It wont go any further I cant even get into the camera view, So I pull my second drone out that has its own Ipad its own batteries (its a whole set on its own) and it does the same exact thing, I have put new usb cables on it and nothing, I have seen a lot of people having the same problem but yet to have seen a solution???  
2017-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like the bind came undone. ;-)

You just need to relink the RC to the drone.

Do you need instruction? or can look it up, in the flight manual.

Please RTFM, for instruction and to become more familiar with your flight kit.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-17
Use props
Crashcreations
New
United States

Kinda hard to believe they both came undone at same time , I have tried to reconnect by using paper clip several times on both drones but never happened! , and again I cant even connect on djgo app...
2017-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

There is more to it than pressing that tiny red button.

Did you read up, in the manual for the simple instructions?

There is a tab in the app that needs to be tapped, before the drone gets its attention.

If I'm mistaken, about your condition, you have my sincere apology, in wasting your time. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-17
Use props
Crashcreations
New
United States

Yeah I cant even get that far in the App, It stays on the page showing how to connect the drone to the remote.... will go no further, I have seen lots of people having the same exact problem some that have updated their drones and some that hasn't , It seems like the DJ app stopped talking to my Ipad, I tried using my Iphone and its doing the same thing ???  
2017-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Crashcreations Posted at 2017-11-17 12:10
Yeah I cant even get that far in the App, It stays on the page showing how to connect the drone to the remote.... will go no further, I have seen lots of people having the same exact problem some that have updated their drones and some that hasn't , It seems like the DJ app stopped talking to my Ipad, I tried using my Iphone and its doing the same thing ???

Let's try this.
Delete the app,  delete all cookies and internet cache
Reboot your device, and reinstall the app.

If this step works, you should be able to access the relinking parameter in the app.
Then turn on the drone and proceed.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it is the connection between the app and RC, could you please tell us the specific mobile device you are using? Since you mentioned iPad and iPhone, please also name the iOS system.
Also, please also follow RedHotPoker's suggestion. If it doesn't help, please provide me with the screenshot of the app, would like to check, thanks.
2017-11-18
Use props
Crashcreations
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-18 21:26
If it is the connection between the app and RC, could you please tell us the specific mobile device you are using? Since you mentioned iPad and iPhone, please also name the iOS system.
Also, please also follow RedHotPoker's suggestion. If it doesn't help, please provide me with the screenshot of the app, would like to check, thanks.

I finally got both to work, What has seemed to happen was the Ipad 2 had updated and then wouldn't work with the DJ app until I updated that, Then Drone would work all except for camera, so I disconnected the Drone from RC and reconnected it and all is working fine, I have two exact alike drones Phantom 3 advanced and had to do the same exact thing with both and both working fine, So Updated the DJIgo App , Updated my Ipad , and disconnected and reconnected the drone to the RC and both working great, Thank you guys for helping.... sorry it took so long to get back I was out of town for Thanksgiving holidays..
Crash
2017-11-29
Use props
fans4f004b90
New
United States

#Quick RI am having very similar issues.  I have an ipad mini 4 and an iPhone 6s, both of which used to fly the drone with no problem.  Now I cannot get into camera view with either device.  I spoke to DJI and they said it is the IOS 11.2 that is causing the connection problems.  They keep telling me they are working on a solution, but its been over a month with no joy.eply Here#
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Crashcreations  Posted at 2017-11-29 05:43
I finally got both to work, What has seemed to happen was the Ipad 2 had updated and then wouldn't work with the DJ app until I updated that, Then Drone would work all except for camera, so I disconnected the Drone from RC and reconnected it and all is working fine, I have two exact alike drones Phantom 3 advanced and had to do the same exact thing with both and both working fine, So Updated the DJIgo App , Updated my Ipad , and disconnected and reconnected the drone to the RC and both working great, Thank you guys for helping.... sorry it took so long to get back I was out of town for Thanksgiving holidays..
Crash

Thank you for the update and glad that you got it work finally. Have a nice day.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans4f004b90 Posted at 2017-12-1 06:01
#Quick RI am having very similar issues.  I have an ipad mini 4 and an iPhone 6s, both of which used to fly the drone with no problem.  Now I cannot get into camera view with either device.  I spoke to DJI and they said it is the IOS 11.2 that is causing the connection problems.  They keep telling me they are working on a solution, but its been over a month with no joy.eply Here#

Hi there, could you please tell the what the APP prompts when you connect the drone? Could you control the gimbal via the RC? If you can't control it, please try to relink the RC and drone, if you can, please try to reinstall the app, changing another connecting cable, remember to remove the cable on the left side fisrt when you plug the bottom port, or refresh the iOS via iTunes. See if it helps.
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules