Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 standard shaking - please help
4920 19 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

Hello guys,

I just purchased new P3 standard.
Firmware is up to date. I did calibrate IMU. I did calibrate compass. I did try second set of propellers.
But once I take off, drone shakes/vibrates like crazy.

Does anyone have the same problem? Any ideas what the cause might be and how to fix it? Or is the drone defective?

(I have a video of that drone's shake while hovering, but it doesn't allow me to post URL here)
Thank you do much for any tip or advise?

Paul

2017-11-17
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

URL link to the video of my drone hovering - and shaking is
2017-11-17
Use props
SunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Yikes....  Check you have "Black props" installed on black dot motors. And Silver props on silver.... try again.
2017-11-17
Use props
SunSets
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm....  If it's more than that, because it' new. I'd send it in to DJI. Maybe.
2017-11-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Try running the motors up without the props to see if it still shakes. And BTW, you appear to have all four anti-drop pins fitted to the gimbal, it should only be two in the diagonally opposite corners.
2017-11-17
Use props
SunSets
lvl.4
United States

Don't run -up the motors , you may have chracks between the screws, located under each motor...  check for chracks between screws on each motor underside.
2017-11-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SunSets Posted at 2017-11-17 20:48
Don't run -up the motors , you may have chracks between the screws, located under each motor...  check for chracks between screws on each motor underside.

Pardon? There is no problem in running the motors without props. Also, check you have removed the plastic packing piece behind the gimbal arm. Or provide a photo of the gimbal. And BTW, you cannot fit the wrong props to the motors, they are left and right hand threads.

2017-11-17
Use props
NuminousD
New
United States

I had the same problem but I fixed it. I took a video with my iPhone of the drone flying, and because of the way the spinning propellers show up in the video, I could clearly see that one motor was running slower than the rest. I replaced the motor and the shaking went away.  
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is the gimbal calibration successful? Please make sure the propellers are mounted well and check again.
2017-11-17
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

Hi guys,
thank you all for your feedbacks. To answer some of your questions:

- yes, props are installed properly - silver on silver/black on black
- no cracks under the motor
- without props, there is no shake
- no plastic behind gimbal
- I will try to do gimbal calibration one more time

ONE NOTE, with first set of propellers, I noticed that one prop is spinning slower. With the second set, it seems like they are all spinning the same speed

I will definitely contact DJI on Monday.

Thank you guys again for your support.

P
2017-11-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it back, a brand new one shouldn't be doing this.  Poor quality control a it's worst to let this get out.
2017-11-18
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

SunSets Posted at 2017-11-17 20:36
Yikes....  Check you have "Black props" installed on black dot motors. And Silver props on silver.... try again.

Not possible to get wrong - threads would not match. And even if you could - the AC would then try to bury itself in the ground !!

Nigel
2017-11-18
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-17 22:12
Pardon? There is no problem in running the motors without props. Also, check you have removed the plastic packing piece behind the gimbal arm. Or provide a photo of the gimbal. And BTW, you cannot fit the wrong props to the motors, they are left and right hand threads.

Agree ... (it is generally not wise though to run BL motor to full speed for more than a few seconds though).
Standards do not have the Plastic Packing piece in the gimbal as shipped on Pro / Adv ... only the gimbal lock.

I wonder if a motor may be flexing or mount damaged in any way ? Could be a shot bearing in one or more motors - but normally you would hear sounds.

DJI warranty here we go ....

Nigel
2017-11-18
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-18 09:56
Agree ... (it is generally not wise though to run BL motor to full speed for more than a few seconds though).
Standards do not have the Plastic Packing piece in the gimbal as shipped on Pro / Adv ... only the gimbal lock.

Thanks Nigel for your feedback. Yeah, I don't hear any strange noises.
2017-11-18
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-18 08:54
Send it back, a brand new one shouldn't be doing this.  Poor quality control a it's worst to let this get out.

Yes, I will definitely send it back. I bought it 2 weeks ago, and only did 2 flights.
2017-11-18
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft
United States

I have heard that the customers/pilots are the DJI quality control. They don't test, we do. Sometimes it makes more sense to purchase from a brick and mortar retailer. Just take it back and exchange it for another one. No hassle. No waiting.
2017-11-23
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391818 ft
United States

I had this exact issue but didn't try anything because I was a new flyer so I just returned and got it exchanged. The second one worked fine and there was no shaking. How long ago did you buy it?
2017-11-29
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

Dhillskiier1653 Posted at 2017-11-29 05:05
I had this exact issue but didn't try anything because I was a new flyer so I just returned and got it exchanged. The second one worked fine and there was no shaking. How long ago did you buy it?

Thank you for your input. Yeah I actually did the same. Luckily the store I brought it at did exchanged it for me. The new one works fine.
Cheers
2017-12-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

ICEBERG03 Posted at 2017-12-5 10:53
Thank you for your input. Yeah I actually did the same. Luckily the store I brought it at did exchanged it for me. The new one works fine.
Cheers

Nice to hear That !! Enjoy & Fly Safe
2017-12-5
Use props
ICEBERG03
lvl.1
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-5 10:57
Nice to hear That !! Enjoy & Fly Safe

Thank you. Yeah it is fun, but I am still learning. Cheers,
Paul
2017-12-5