Guess the date ?
497 2 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keisar
New

France

Hi,

Would like to buy a drone soon but the choice is very hard. Just saw some raw samples of P4P and mavic, I'm a bit impressed by the P4P but not at all with the Mavic.

Compacity is very important for me, this is why I was very interested in the Mavic.

DJI just came out with the update of the mavic : the platinum, but my question is, how can we really expect a real new version (with camera improvement) ? I know you don't have a crystal ball but I think we can guess it. How often DJI replace their product ? Every year ? Every 2 years ? the phantom is replaced every year no ?

Thank you.
2017-11-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Releases use to be quite predictable - annual up to March 2016 with the release of the original Phantom 4. Then the Mavic Pro hit the scene in September 2016 and since then releases have been geared more to colour changes (Obsidian, Alpine White), upgrades of existing models (Platinum, Phantom 4 Pro and Advanced / +) or new models for a wider target audience (Inspire 2, Spark, Matrice 200). Nobody can answer your questions except DJI and they won't tell you when the Mavic 2 &/or Phantom 5 is due out - if at all...
The question and debate between portability and image quality i.e. Mavic vs Phantom 4 Pro has been going on for a while now. Personally, I prefer the Mavic as easier to transport, has plenty of in-flight options and is more discreet giving out good images and footage + OcuSync is excellent. The P4P is VERY LOUD, totally lacks discretion and is far more cumbersome to transport not to mention more expensive to purchase and accessorise and looks a little dated now BUT the camera is like comparing a DSLR to an iPhone - the images are far more superior than the Mavic and its not like you need a suitcase to carry it either. There are some great deals out there too on the Advanced model of the P4. Think carefully and get what YOU think is right for your needs. The best drone is the one that meets those needs for YOU! Don't hang around waiting for a new model - it could be a long wait...
2017-11-18
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the engineering and R/D dept at DJI is slowly loosing their mojo and the only thing they can come up now is color changes and few updates here and there.  Please DJI prove me wrong.
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules